Windows 10: Laptop turns on itself instantly after a normal shutdown

Discus and support Laptop turns on itself instantly after a normal shutdown in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Hello, I'm facing a problem past couple days with my ASUS Zenbook 14 UM425-IA that is: Everytime I shutdown my laptop, it turns on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TiagoRodrguess, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Laptop turns on itself instantly after a normal shutdown

Laptop turns on itself instantly after a normal shutdown 82375d27-bb7c-47d9-9427-88526a827d12?upload=true.png Hello, I'm facing a problem past couple days with my ASUS Zenbook 14 UM425-IA that is:

Everytime I shutdown my laptop, it turns on automatically after the shutdown, displaying on the lockscreen a message:

A problem has occurred and your pin is not available, press to configure your pin to configure etc... Example image attached

These days I'm shutdowning my laptop holding the power button because i can't turn it off other way.

Windows updated, drivers updated, everything possible is up to date.

Please help me fix this issue.

Thanks

:)

TiagoRodrguess, Nov 8, 2020

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Laptop turns on itself instantly after a normal shutdown

Computer keeps randomly turning off then instantly turning back on

Computer keeps turning off then instantly turning back on im really frustratded now becausw if tryed loads of things to stop it but nothing works heres a list of what i tried,

turning off automatic restart, haviving a look at the fans speed and it was normanl, having alook at the cpu tempriture it was normal, testing the ram it was working fine.

i cant find a soulotion and i would really appricate help

Finlay O'Reilly, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Laptop turns on itself instantly after a normal shutdown

1. Laptop turns on itself instantly after a normal shutdown - Similar Threads - Laptop turns itself

2. Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown: For some time now, my computer will randomly power on in the middle of the night after a complete shutdown. I use the shutdown option from the start menu, and it is set to power off with that button in power settings.I've checked wake-on-lan settings for keyboard and mouse as...
  3. Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown: For some time now, my computer will randomly power on in the middle of the night after a complete shutdown. I use the shutdown option from the start menu, and it is set to power off with that button in power settings.I've checked wake-on-lan settings for keyboard and mouse as...
  4. Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. PC is turned on and it shutdown itself after 5 seconds

PC is turned on and it shutdown itself after 5 seconds: Seeking assistance in regard to the belowWhenever I turned on a PC it automatically shuts down 5seconds. Then whenever i switch it back on, it never shutdown. it only happens on first time switch on.Thanks,...
  6. PC is turned on and it shutdown itself after 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is turned on and it shutdown itself after 5 seconds: Seeking assistance in regard to the belowWhenever I turned on a PC it automatically shuts down 5seconds. Then whenever i switch it back on, it never shutdown. it only happens on first time switch on.Thanks,...
  7. PC is turned on and it shutdown itself after 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PC turns on by itself after "shutdown /s"

PC turns on by itself after "shutdown /s": Hello, I have noticed a weird issue with my pc last week. Win 10 Pro 64-bit 1909 Last week I enabled Wake on Lan S5 Support from my BIOS and WOL works as expected. I can send magic packet to wake up my computer from my network. However, I noticed that if any program like...
  9. Laptop keyboard not turning on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop keyboard not turning on after shutdown: Hi there, I've been noticing a really weird issue with my ASUS laptop keyboard - the keyboard just sometimes doesn't work. Sometimes, the keyboard does not respond at all after start up backlight is off, keys are unresponsive, etc. I've logged in and checked under Device...
  10. PC turns itself on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    PC turns itself on after shutdown: Around the time when I first setup automatic shutdown in Windows Scheduler (or what it's called in English), my PC has started turning itself back on again after shutdown in the evening. I've tried disabling the scheduled shutdown but it made no difference, and I'm not sure...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Laptop turns on by itself after shutdown