Windows 10: Laptop type under devices changed to wrong one

Discus and support Laptop type under devices changed to wrong one in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use an ACER Switch Alpha 12 and it suddenly changed on my OneDrive Profile to something else. The serial number still seems right. How do I get it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Piet Swart ACER, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Laptop type under devices changed to wrong one

I use an ACER Switch Alpha 12 and it suddenly changed on my OneDrive Profile to something else. The serial number still seems right. How do I get it right?

:)

Piet Swart ACER, Jul 10, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Aug 4, 2020
  3. typing option under "devices" is missing

I had no spell check in MS Edge text boxes. Searching for solutions suggested Settings -> Devices -> Typing Autocorrect misspelled words. However, this option was not in the devices list!

Solution listed here resolved this. Added English (United States) to my English (United Kingdom) and Typing appeared in the Devices list. I was then able to resolve the missing spell checker in Edge.

TomMcKeown, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Laptop type under devices changed to wrong one

Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Laptop type under devices changed to wrong one [​IMG]

putermaker, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Laptop type under devices changed to wrong one

1. Laptop type under devices changed to wrong one - Similar Threads - Laptop type under

2. Android device driver appears under wrong device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Android device driver appears under wrong device.: Downloaded driver for android device. Driver for android appears under Oculus device in device manager, therefore I cannot update the driver for my android as device manager has it in the wrong spot. How do I put the driver under android device in device manager? If I try to...
  3. Android device driver appears under wrong device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Android device driver appears under wrong device.: Downloaded driver for android device. Driver for android appears under Oculus device in device manager, therefore I cannot update the driver for my android as device manager has it in the wrong spot. How do I put the driver under android device in device manager? If I try to...
  4. Android device driver appears under wrong device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Change bluetooth device type

Change bluetooth device type: I have a bluetooth speaker, but Windows detect it as Headphones, but I want that it detect it as Speaker. Can I chenge it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-bluetooth-device-type/2a93aa61-37ca-4b4d-a5f2-e136f0f20241
  6. Windows wrongly detects device type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wrongly detects device type: After updating driver for my device, using app from MS Store provided by HORI product manufacturer, it stopped working properly. Before that it was properly detected as gaming controller but now Windows sees it as mass storage. I tried uninstalling it, changing USB port and...
  7. Windows wrongly detects device type

Windows wrongly detects device type: After updating driver for my device, using app from MS Store provided by HORI product manufacturer, it stopped working properly. Before that it was properly detected as gaming controller but now Windows sees it as mass storage. I tried uninstalling it, changing USB port and...
  8. Change audio device type

Change audio device type: Hi, My mic stops working whenever I plug in my earphones.I suspect it's because the device is being recognized as a headset with its own separate mic. I've tried searching other threads for how to change the audio device type but to no avail. Could somebody help me with this?...
  9. Wrong keys typing on laptop keyboard

Wrong keys typing on laptop keyboard: Hi, I need help with my keyboard settings, because when I type for example the symbol of the number 7 appears this "/" but the symbol that appears in the key is this "&", this happens with other keys too, like with 3, appears this "·" but the symbol that is in the key is "#"...
  10. One key on my laptop is typing the wrong thing.

One key on my laptop is typing the wrong thing.: Every other key is fine. It is only the 8 that is messed up. It is typing a 0. If I hold function and press the 8 key it types a forward slash . I have tried changing the language settings and a few other things. Nothing is will change it back. Dell inspiron Windows 10...