Windows 10: Laptop unable to boot after ( official ) update

Discus and support Laptop unable to boot after ( official ) update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So my win 10 laptop ( hp spectre ) running the stock OS downloaded updates ( automatically ) yesterday When I started it today it started installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/purezen, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Laptop unable to boot after ( official ) update

So my win 10 laptop ( hp spectre ) running the stock OS downloaded updates ( automatically ) yesterday

When I started it today it started installing the updates and as I could see it failed so it said something on the line of reverting to previous state

After that my pc didn't start. On switching on everytime it doesn't boot into windows and now it automatically selected my linux installation I have alongwith ( which I haven't used since long ) as default and it runs fine.

Please help me boot into Windows again

submitted by /u/purezen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/purezen, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Darshan J Win User

Windows update failed and unable to boot

Hi Chrissy,

To assist you better help us with the information below.

• Have you made any recent software/hardware changes to the computer?
    • Do you get any error message or code when trying to boot into the computer?
    When installing updates it puts message “Do not shut down your machine”, if you unplug the AC adapter or turn off the computer Chances are:

• Windows resuming the installation process next time you shutdown.
    • A non-vital program file becomes corrupted and causes some feature of the OS to become unusable and crash.
    As an initial step I would suggest you to unplug all external devices if connected and then try to boot the computer by plugging in the AC adapter and check if you are able to boot the computer.

If the computer boots make sure all the updates are installed and then you can login to user Interface.

If you still not able to unable to get the in Windows Bootable environment I Would suggest you contact your manufacturer.

Get back to us if your require more help on this query.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

Laptop unable to boot after ( official ) update

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Laptop unable to boot after ( official ) update

1. Laptop unable to boot after ( official ) update - Similar Threads - Laptop unable boot

2. Laptop is unable to boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is unable to boot.: I have tried the troubleshoot of shutting down 3 times etc but, this does not work and laptop is in a continual loop of not starting and closing down straight away - ASU’s screen comes up, disappears in 3seconds only to appear again. I have no way to boot in safe mode/get...
  3. Laptop is unable to boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is unable to boot.: I have tried the troubleshoot of shutting down 3 times etc but, this does not work and laptop is in a continual loop of not starting and closing down straight away - ASU’s screen comes up, disappears in 3seconds only to appear again. I have no way to boot in safe mode/get...
  4. Unable to boot after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot after Windows update: I've been running Windows 11. After an attempted windows update yesterday to 22H2, I'm unable to fully boot. It never gets to the Windows logo and tries to repair itself and fails during startup. I can still open a terminal, view all the files, etc. and have a bootable USB I...
  5. Unable to boot after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot after Windows update: I've been running Windows 11. After an attempted windows update yesterday to 22H2, I'm unable to fully boot. It never gets to the Windows logo and tries to repair itself and fails during startup. I can still open a terminal, view all the files, etc. and have a bootable USB I...
  6. Laptop will not boot after failed update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop will not boot after failed update.: I'm having a serious issue right now with my laptop. I THINK it tried to install an update which failed while I was away from home and now I'm stuck in a loop. Very frustrating to say the least! So, I turn the laptop on and it attempts to run diagnostics, then gives me an...
  7. after windows 10 update, unable to boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after windows 10 update, unable to boot.: Every time it keeps going to recovery options. When i go to advanced options, it asks for password, and when i enter the password, it says incorrect. I tried booting into Safe Mode, but unsuccessful. I tried all options with the Advanced options, but all of them end up with...
  8. Unable to boot after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot after Windows update: Yesterday, I had installed minor Windows update I don't remember the exact version, it was some minor update to my 1903 Windows. When update installed and requested restart, I had restarted the computer, but booted into another OS I have on separate HDD. I continued to work...
  9. Unable to boot PC after installing updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot PC after installing updates: hi up until a few weeks ago my pc was working fine,then while I was out my daughter accepted an update from then on my pc won't load desktop! also task manager. I've tried a couple of youtube options to no avail. I left it as I got stressed now I want it to work. can...
  10. PC unable to boot after update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC unable to boot after update: I have an hp pavilion with an AMD ryzen 3 processer, SSD and HDD, and rx550 gpu. After a Windows 10 update about a week ago, my pc boots in this order: HP splash screen, snow screen (like a tv snow screen), crash, then reboot. I have completed 3 fresh installs of Windows...