Windows 10: Laptop unable to detect and use mic from wired earphones.

Discus and support Laptop unable to detect and use mic from wired earphones. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The laptop is a Dell Lattitude 5400, the headphones are the wired earbuds from Apple, I have tested and comfirmed that the mic works using another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jeremy Ang2, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Laptop unable to detect and use mic from wired earphones.

The laptop is a Dell Lattitude 5400, the headphones are the wired earbuds from Apple, I have tested and comfirmed that the mic works using another macbook. The audio programme is MaxxAudioPro. I have tried redownloading the app but there is no change.I think i have a similar issue as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-headphones-to-headset-with-mic/afbfee39-5138-47ec-ac25-46d28562a129#:~:text=Usually%2C%20the%20Audio%20Manager%20is,you%20have%20a%20headset%20connected. but I am not certain if its this problem.thanks

:)

Jeremy Ang2, Jun 23, 2024
  2. Snakefist Win User

Earphone mic not being detected

Maybe as a work around you could use a Y spliter. Where you plug in your headphones into it and the other ends will go in your mic and earphone ports on your pc/laptop. Yes i understand they are combo ports but i'm just suggesting this as a workaround till you can find drivers that makes the combo port work correctly.
    Here is the cable i was talking about. You don't have to use it but just a suggestion as a workaround and as a last resort.
    Amazon.com

Snakefist, Jun 23, 2024
  3. Kbird Win User
    Earphone mic not being detected

If your Earpeice/headphone is from a Phone that maybe the issue? Headphone mics are wired several different ways and not all are compatible with PC combo ports, for example most apple headphones with built in mics are wired differently using a non standard CTIA version vs than "normal" TRRS wired headphones, using the OMTP Standard or CTIA ( also known as AHJ ).

Kbird, Jun 23, 2024
  4. Laptop unable to detect and use mic from wired earphones.

Mic in earphones issue

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 7567 gaming laptop. I have issues with external mic or mic in earphones or headsets. They used to work perfectly fine about till previous month or two.. I don't know what happened, now windows doesn't detected them.. Whenever i connect
    any of my earphones with mic, which used to work perfectly with my laptop, the playback device is detected but the recording device isn't.. The Waves pop up appears where there no mic device listed.. neither in the windows sound settings.. Laptop's internal
    mic works fine.. But doesn't detect external mic.. it appears as if i have not connected any mic..

Please help me out fixing this issue..

Thank you.

SripadKulkarni, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

Laptop unable to detect and use mic from wired earphones.

1. Laptop unable to detect and use mic from wired earphones. - Similar Threads - Laptop unable detect

2. Laptop unable to detect and use mic from wired earphones.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop unable to detect and use mic from wired earphones.: The laptop is a Dell Lattitude 5400, the headphones are the wired earbuds from Apple, I have tested and comfirmed that the mic works using another macbook. The audio programme is MaxxAudioPro. I have tried redownloading the app but there is no change.I think i have a similar...
  3. Wired Mic Not Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Mic Not Detected: I have a 3.5mm wired microphone I plugged to my pc , it shows as headphones , not show as input device how I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-mic-not-detected/b420724c-189d-46e7-80ae-067902e2374c
  4. Wired Mic Not Detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Mic Not Detected: I have a 3.5mm wired microphone I plugged to my pc , it shows as headphones , not show as input device how I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-mic-not-detected/b420724c-189d-46e7-80ae-067902e2374c
  5. Earphone mic not detecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Earphone mic not detecting: I plugged in some earphones and it asked me "Is it a headset, microphone or earphones". I pressed headset on accident and clicked don't ask me again. How do I bring up the option to choose again?Now all the devices I plug in are treated as microphones, which means my...
  6. Earphone mic not detecting

Earphone mic not detecting: I plugged in some earphones and it asked me "Is it a headset, microphone or earphones". I pressed headset on accident and clicked don't ask me again. How do I bring up the option to choose again?Now all the devices I plug in are treated as microphones, which means my...
  7. earphone mic not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    earphone mic not detected: Hello everyoneI'm using Haylou W1 and it work for playing music but not for meeting because the mic is not detected in input deviceWhen I'm trying to look into device manager the headset is disconnected but it don't want to be connectedis there anything that I need to do so I...
  8. earphone mic not detected

earphone mic not detected: Hello everyoneI'm using Haylou W1 and it work for playing music but not for meeting because the mic is not detected in input deviceWhen I'm trying to look into device manager the headset is disconnected but it don't want to be connectedis there anything that I need to do so I...
  9. earphone mic not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Earphone mic not being detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Earphone mic not being detected: Hi, I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 with a single audio jack for sound+mic. I have Windows Audio driver because Realtek did not detect my headphones at all. Now I can only see my headphones as an output device but no input device at all but my earphones have a built-in/inline...