Windows 10: Laptop unable to work with external mic

Discus and support Laptop unable to work with external mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried to connect my external headset (headset without mic) and a external mic to my laptop via a splitter headset work just fine but mic wont work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jxchong, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Jxchong Win User

Laptop unable to work with external mic

I tried to connect my external headset (headset without mic) and a external mic to my laptop via a splitter headset work just fine but mic wont work. But the mic will work if it is connected directly to the audio jack (aslo i tried the splitter with my gaming headset with mic and it works just fine) (tried update and reinstall driver) (just to add on i also bought another splitter but also wont work)

:)

Jxchong, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Aman Win User

Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

Aman, Mar 6, 2019
  3. fireberd Win User
    USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Mar 6, 2019
  4. Poo86 Win User

External mic is not listed in devices so unable to use the external mic

I bought a new windows 10 dell laptop and trying to use an external Boya Lavalier mic with it. But when I connect it, my voice still does not get recorded and nothing shows in troubleshooting. The mic is working correctly when connected to a mobile so
    that is not a problem itself.

Poo86, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop unable to work with external mic - Similar Threads - Laptop unable external

2. Laptop mic not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop mic not working: I have an ASUS VivoBook S15 and use plug in speakers. Until yesterday, the laptop mic worked but is not working now. How can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-mic-not-working/51d7e735-ce17-4b24-9e6b-3b64f585a15a
  3. Laptop mic not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop mic not working: Hey guys, a few days back I had an issue with my microphone not working when I plugged in a headphone. Got this issue fixed by installing proper drives. But today I realised that the mic of my laptop when I unplugged my headphones did not work. I'm using an Acer aspire v5...
  4. Laptop not detecting external mic

Laptop not detecting external mic: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MightyBSz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jm6hup/laptop_not_detecting_external_mic/
  5. external mic not dectected and not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external mic not dectected and not working: hi I have a Sony VAIO-Z series with windows 10. I would like to add a external mic to it using the 3.5mm jack. I have a 3.5mm male with 2 black bars I can't upload a image, sorry and a mic on the other side. when I plug it in, the computer doesn't recognize the mic and it...
  6. Laptop internal and external mic not working

Laptop internal and external mic not working: I have an asus K501LX and the microphone is not working. I tried using problem solving from the sound settings and it is not giving me any options. So i tried to plug in a USB microphone from sennheiser and the mic is still not working. I thought it had something to do with...
  7. Internal external Mic on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internal external Mic on my Laptop: I have a headset I use for my PS4 that I want to use for my laptop. My problem comes from the fact that my laptop microphone is the only input device and I would rather it be the mic. What can I do? Can I install another driver to recognize mics jacked in? Am I stuck with...
  8. External Mic not working

External Mic not working: I have an external microphone that was working perfectly a few days ago but now has no input at all, I've made sure it has access and everything to all the apps, I've run a troubleshoot but to no avail... Any help? submitted by /u/dapiggywig56 [link] [comments]...
  9. External mic is not listed in devices so unable to use the external mic

External mic is not listed in devices so unable to use the external mic: I bought a new windows 10 dell laptop and trying to use an external Boya Lavalier mic with it. But when I connect it, my voice still does not get recorded and nothing shows in troubleshooting. The mic is working correctly when connected to a mobile so that is not a problem...
  10. External Mic not working

External Mic not working: I have an Aser Aspire V 15 Nitro - Black Edition and I am running the most recent version of windows 10. Recently I got a new headset with a built-in microphone. When I plug them in the headphones work perfectly, however it is obvious that my computer is not using the built...