Windows 10: Laptop uncooperative crashing and freezing

Discus and support Laptop uncooperative crashing and freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I have a windows 10 hp elitebook 8440p refurbished, I've had it for 2 years now and in that time it has worked quite well. I'm having issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shazhog1910, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Laptop uncooperative crashing and freezing

Hello. I have a windows 10 hp elitebook 8440p refurbished, I've had it for 2 years now and in that time it has worked quite well. I'm having issues where it freeezes as soon as it's on the home screen, and if i go onto settings to go to reset the entire thing, it crashes or stays at 1% for an hour then crashes.

Any recommendations?

-thanks

:)

Shazhog1910, Feb 15, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 15, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Feb 15, 2020
  4. vinsterX Win User

Laptop uncooperative crashing and freezing

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Laptop uncooperative crashing and freezing

1. Laptop uncooperative crashing and freezing - Similar Threads - Laptop uncooperative crashing

2. Freezing and crashing all of the sudden. Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing and crashing all of the sudden. Laptop: Hello!My name is Joseph.~ ~ ~ ~ and my laptop or computer has started to crash and freeze a lot lately.It wasn't happening to me before.I didn't download anything wrong; it was just the apps I always used to use for my entire life. I keep getting BSOD Blue Screen of Death for...
  3. Freezing and crashing all of the sudden. Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezing and crashing all of the sudden. Laptop: Hello!My name is Joseph.~ ~ ~ ~ and my laptop or computer has started to crash and freeze a lot lately.It wasn't happening to me before.I didn't download anything wrong; it was just the apps I always used to use for my entire life. I keep getting BSOD Blue Screen of Death for...
  4. Freezing and crashing all of the sudden. Laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop Freezes/crashes without BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Freezes/crashes without BSOD: Since 2 days ago the laptop freezes/crashes without a bsod, it usually happens when i let it rest like 15 minutes after doing an intensive task as gaming so it's not overheatingI Have a rtx 3060 and and i7.Did ram memory tests on windows tool and didnt detect problemsDid ssd...
  6. Laptop Freezes/crashes without BSOD

Laptop Freezes/crashes without BSOD: Since 2 days ago the laptop freezes/crashes without a bsod, it usually happens when i let it rest like 15 minutes after doing an intensive task as gaming so it's not overheatingI Have a rtx 3060 and and i7.Did ram memory tests on windows tool and didnt detect problemsDid ssd...
  7. HP Laptop freezing/crashing all the time

HP Laptop freezing/crashing all the time: I bought a brand new HP laptop 16.0 GB and 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM 17-1165G7 @ 2.80GHZ 2.80 GHZ just a couple of months ago and it has been crashing way too often. It mostly happens when I'm in Zoom and watching videos online while having other softwares like R and Excel...
  8. My Laptop Keeps Freezing then Crash

My Laptop Keeps Freezing then Crash: When I got my laptop which was like 2-4 months ago, it was running smoothly until this week that it started getting weak.Constant freezing followed by a crash. I was quite scared and nervous, finding a way why it is constantly crashing. I looked up on bing then it led me to...
  9. Windows Apps Crashing & Freezing Laptop

Windows Apps Crashing & Freezing Laptop: Please help! The Photos app keeps crashing when I open it and then it freezes my laptop too. As well, playing videos (whether with the Films app or online - YouTube, etc) freezes my laptop - but only always when my laptop's plugged in. Already tried resetting/reinstalling...
  10. Laptop buzzes, freezed and crashed

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop buzzes, freezed and crashed: I was browsing the internet, suddenly my laptop makes a very loud buzzing sound and the screen froze, stopped responding...I had to do a hard shut down. Couldn't find anything in event viewer. I went to the reliability monitor and found a hardware error: (Is there a way to do...