Windows 10: Laptop unusable most of the time

Discus and support Laptop unusable most of the time in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, please bear in mind I am not technically minded. My laptop is Lenovo ideapad 320 and runs Windows 10. Every 2-3 days the laptop starts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jonnydonuts, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Laptop unusable most of the time

Hi guys, please bear in mind I am not technically minded.

My laptop is Lenovo ideapad 320 and runs Windows 10.

Every 2-3 days the laptop starts being laggy and giving Not Responding errors and I find an update is pending. The updates take 5-10 hours and restarting the laptop takes 5-10 hours after that. This is 2-3 times a week. Afterwards the laptop is normally not usuable for days, then just about rights itself before the next update starts. How is this acceptable?

I am trying to run a small business from this laptop and am sick of having an unusable laptop 80% of the time.

Anyone know what I can do? I do not want any more updates at all. I have no CD drive so cannot change to a different Windows.

:)

jonnydonuts, Mar 17, 2021
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 17, 2021
  3. silkstone Win User
    Which laptop should I buy with budget within 1000USD?

Really, you should be getting a list of laptops you like the look of, narrowing it down and then asking on here which is best.

Asking people for suggestions really doesn't work well as most people only have experience with 1-2 laptops at a time.

Searching all the shopping sites and creating a list for you is a lot of work.

You need to do the work and we can help with the rest.

silkstone, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Laptop unusable most of the time

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Laptop unusable most of the time

1. Laptop unusable most of the time - Similar Threads - Laptop unusable

2. Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop becomes unusable when connected to external monitors via Mokin USB-C...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop becomes unusable when connected to external monitors via Mokin USB-C...: I use a Lenovo Latitude 7320 on 64-bit processor with 16GB RAM. Fantastic machine for all my grad school needs. However, I recently purchased a MOKiN USB C Hub HDMI Adapter specifically rated for my laptop and am running into issues. My device becomes horribly slow to the...
  3. Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop becomes unusable when connected to external monitors via Mokin USB-C...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop becomes unusable when connected to external monitors via Mokin USB-C...: I use a Lenovo Latitude 7320 on 64-bit processor with 16GB RAM. Fantastic machine for all my grad school needs. However, I recently purchased a MOKiN USB C Hub HDMI Adapter specifically rated for my laptop and am running into issues. My device becomes horribly slow to the...
  4. Why is my unused laptop stuck in recovery screen after attempting to update to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my unused laptop stuck in recovery screen after attempting to update to Windows 10: I have the laptop that I bought 2 years ago that I've probably used for less than 3 hours basically it's a brand new product that automatically updated to Windows 10 and no longer works Samsung will not help me with this issue but I didn't create this issue Samsung and...
  5. Why is my unused laptop stuck in recovery screen after attempting to update to Windows 10

Why is my unused laptop stuck in recovery screen after attempting to update to Windows 10: I have the laptop that I bought 2 years ago that I've probably used for less than 3 hours basically it's a brand new product that automatically updated to Windows 10 and no longer works Samsung will not help me with this issue but I didn't create this issue Samsung and...
  6. Why is my unused laptop stuck in recovery screen after attempting to update to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I need help two laptops unusable after updates.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help two laptops unusable after updates.: Hi, I have two laptops in the last 3 weeks that have updated and then ceased to work directly after,The first being a Samsung galaxy book go using windows 11, had an update and then crashed mid update and corrupted and then wiped everything off including windows and it was...
  8. I need help two laptops unusable after updates.

I need help two laptops unusable after updates.: Hi, I have two laptops in the last 3 weeks that have updated and then ceased to work directly after,The first being a Samsung galaxy book go using windows 11, had an update and then crashed mid update and corrupted and then wiped everything off including windows and it was...
  9. Windows 11 reinstall has made my laptop unusable.

Windows 11 reinstall has made my laptop unusable.: Two afternoons ago, my new Omen 16 laptop was unable to boot into Windows 11 abruptly. I called HP tech support, who informed me that it was a software issue, not a hardware issue, and that I would need to reinstall Windows 11 and that they couldn’t help me any further. So, I...
  10. Windows 11 reinstall has made my laptop unusable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 reinstall has made my laptop unusable.: Two afternoons ago, my new Omen 16 laptop was unable to boot into Windows 11 abruptly. I called HP tech support, who informed me that it was a software issue, not a hardware issue, and that I would need to reinstall Windows 11 and that they couldn’t help me any further. So, I...