Windows 10: Laptop updated to 1809 -- CPU pegged at 70-100% with nothing open

Discus and support Laptop updated to 1809 -- CPU pegged at 70-100% with nothing open in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I've been having problems with this laptop since I upgraded. Not sure how I haven't noticed until now, but the CPU is constantly at or near 100%.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cyquil, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Cyquil Win User

Laptop updated to 1809 -- CPU pegged at 70-100% with nothing open

So I've been having problems with this laptop since I upgraded. Not sure how I haven't noticed until now, but the CPU is constantly at or near 100%. Programs open slowly, wifi transfer speed (to another computer) is super slow, and it used to be quite fast.

Opening resource monitor I can see that "SupportAssistAgent.exe" (which is a service) is using a lot of CPU. Damn Dell bloatware. I'm going to try and uninstall this.

In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions?

:)

Cyquil, Oct 25, 2018
  2. Djole123 Win User

Laptop idles at 70-100%

It's not the disk, it's the CPU that idles like that.

The only ''fix'' is to force the CPU to 50% max in advanced power settings, but that's kind of pointless as I'm leaving half of my CPU's potential unused.

Djole123, Oct 25, 2018
  3. Windows Defender pegs CPU at 100% utilization when scanning obfuscated .NET applications

Yes, I know - I've been following
    your thread in TechNet forums
    , too.

PA Bear - MS MVP, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Laptop updated to 1809 -- CPU pegged at 70-100% with nothing open

100% cpu usage windows 10

pattygraffuis, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Laptop updated to 1809 -- CPU pegged at 70-100% with nothing open

1. Laptop updated to 1809 -- CPU pegged at 70-100% with nothing open - Similar Threads - Laptop updated 1809

2. Roblox using 70% cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox using 70% cpu: idk why roblox uses that much cpu when it should be using my gpu, how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roblox-using-70-cpu/c94bdb9d-4bae-48b0-b1d6-6adecc97cad9
  3. 100 percent CPU usage from nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100 percent CPU usage from nothing: Hello dear community,Recently I went through an issue with my CPU, everything I open, any software, is using 100% from its usage!I am not sure what could be the issue, as I have tried to detect the problem!I am more than sure, that most of you had this issue!I have an...
  4. 100 percent CPU usage from nothing

100 percent CPU usage from nothing: Hello dear community,Recently I went through an issue with my CPU, everything I open, any software, is using 100% from its usage!I am not sure what could be the issue, as I have tried to detect the problem!I am more than sure, that most of you had this issue!I have an...
  5. Windows 11 CPU staying pegged at 100%

Windows 11 CPU staying pegged at 100%: All of a sudden my system is pegging at 100% CPU and stays peggedCan't find any rhyme or reason as to why it's doing this. I rolled off this weeks Windows 11 updates as the behavior just started but it does not appear to be helping...
  6. Windows 11 CPU staying pegged at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 CPU staying pegged at 100%: All of a sudden my system is pegging at 100% CPU and stays peggedCan't find any rhyme or reason as to why it's doing this. I rolled off this weeks Windows 11 updates as the behavior just started but it does not appear to be helping...
  7. CPU 100% while doing nothing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU 100% while doing nothing: [ATTACH]this is my pc spec even my pc not running anything the cpu usage can reach 100% while just using chrome[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-100-while-doing-nothing/8518b0b3-724e-4f6e-8771-1659dc71666c
  8. In Task Manager, it says my CPU is at 100% use with nothing open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In Task Manager, it says my CPU is at 100% use with nothing open.: [TITLE] If I use a program like procexp64, something called svchost is there a million times and this is, I'm assuming, the problem. But, I don't know how to get rid of it. I've read something about a memory leak? Maybe that's it, idk, I'm clueless. submitted by...
  9. 100% CPU usage with nothing open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% CPU usage with nothing open: What sould i do? 8gbRAM submitted by /u/dkcvl [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixuekr/100_cpu_usage_with_nothing_open/
  10. CPU 100% Usage/Utilization with Nothing Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU 100% Usage/Utilization with Nothing Running: In December of last year I upgraded to Windows 10 because of the support for Windows 7 coming to an end. It was around that time I began to notice that my mouse was beginning to stutter and lag. Sometimes I can't even hold right-click for a full 5 seconds without it letting...