Windows 10: laptop upgrade password problem

Discus and support laptop upgrade password problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; just installed all recent upgrades into my laptop win 10 x 64. Now I cannot open it because it insists on me setting a not wanted password. How to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by elbmek, Feb 29, 2020.

1. elbmek Win User

laptop upgrade password problem

just installed all recent upgrades into my laptop win 10 x 64. Now I cannot open it because it insists on me setting a not wanted password. How to remove this obstacle? I am using my tablet to access online.

:)

elbmek, Feb 29, 2020

2. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Feb 29, 2020
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

I found a solution to my problem. What I did was:
    1. Open Network & Sharing Center on the laptop.
    2. Click "Change advanced sharing settings"
    3. Expand the "All Networks" item.
    4. Change "Password protected sharing" from On to Off.

Now when I click my laptop name in File Explorer > Networks, it just shows my shared folder without asking for a network credentials password. This is how it used to work before.

Hope this helps others,

4. laptop upgrade password problem

Can't upgrade laptop to Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried Windows Defender and discovered it was not turned on and when I tried to turn it on it would quickly turn itself off again. I used another anti-virus program to check out the laptop but it found no problem. Obviously this laptop has some problems.

My next step is to put the original drive back into the machine and try the Windows 10 upgrade from that and if that also fails do a restore of this laptop to the original Windows 7.

alkaufmann, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

laptop upgrade password problem

1. laptop upgrade password problem - Similar Threads - laptop upgrade password

2. Password problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password problem: A friend is in self-isolation in Australia and has asked me for help. I'm in Canada. She knows nothing about computers and can't take her computer to anyone or have anyone come to her. Her computer uses Windows 10. It seems she uses a local account password to log in to...
  3. Password problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password problems: I have an asus laptop computer and I have not used it in 6 months, but I forgot my password, how can I restet it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-problems/d945d1ec-0ad3-48b9-bb46-7bd8bdde21e9
  4. Password reset for laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password reset for laptop: After a recent windows update i get an error saying "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device". The sad part is i don't remember my password also, to use it as a sign-in option. Can anyone help me out I'm locked out of my own PC....
  5. Password problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password problems: I recently changed my password for my account. However I can sign into the Microsoft community with it BUT cannot sign into my laptop with it. I'm given a hint which relates to an old forgotten password. Why is this and what has happened? Fortunately I have an image...
  6. problems with password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    problems with password: why did it take so long for me to get the laptop up and running? I typed in my password and it just sat there and did nothing, so i left and tried again later, it did come on last night but this morning it told me my password was wrong, i did change it 1 month ago but it just...
  7. Problem with password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with password: The system accepted my password when I entered it in the setup. But I can’t open Windows because this password is not accepted. I receive a message that this password is not correct....
  8. Password Problem

Password Problem: I have a H W10 tablet (personal) which up to 2 day ago had no password until I took it to work and left it on my desk when I went to a meeting. I now have a password (which I do not know) and the keyboard appears to have been turned off in settings before it was turned off. I...
  9. Password problems

Password problems: I try logging on to my computer and when I put my password in it tells me I am incorrect. I can log onto all my other computers with the same password. I am system administrator and cannot get into repair anything because it says my password is wrong. I cannot get into my...
  10. problem upgrading dell vostro 1000 laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    problem upgrading dell vostro 1000 laptop: Tried upgrading my vostro 1000 to Windows 10, but got an message window saying that Dell has an issue with ati Radeon xpress 1150 not sure if it's a driver issue or hardware.. is is there anything I can do ? thanks 32669