Windows 10: laptop upgrade password problem

Discus and support laptop upgrade password problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; just installed all recent upgrades into my laptop win 10 x 64. Now I cannot open it because it insists on me setting a not wanted password. How to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by elbmek, Feb 29, 2020.

1. elbmek Win User

laptop upgrade password problem

just installed all recent upgrades into my laptop win 10 x 64. Now I cannot open it because it insists on me setting a not wanted password. How to remove this obstacle? I am using my tablet to access online.

:)

elbmek, Feb 29, 2020

2. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Feb 29, 2020
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

I found a solution to my problem. What I did was:
    1. Open Network & Sharing Center on the laptop.
    2. Click "Change advanced sharing settings"
    3. Expand the "All Networks" item.
    4. Change "Password protected sharing" from On to Off.

Now when I click my laptop name in File Explorer > Networks, it just shows my shared folder without asking for a network credentials password. This is how it used to work before.

Hope this helps others,

4. laptop upgrade password problem

Can't upgrade laptop to Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried Windows Defender and discovered it was not turned on and when I tried to turn it on it would quickly turn itself off again. I used another anti-virus program to check out the laptop but it found no problem. Obviously this laptop has some problems.

My next step is to put the original drive back into the machine and try the Windows 10 upgrade from that and if that also fails do a restore of this laptop to the original Windows 7.

alkaufmann, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

laptop upgrade password problem

1. laptop upgrade password problem - Similar Threads - laptop upgrade password

2. Password problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password problem: Split from this thread. Hello,I have a user who doesn't know what their Primary Password is for Edge they tried their AD password, but that did not work. While I see an option to change the password, that requires him knowing the password to begin with.How can I reset his...
  3. Password problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password problem: Split from this thread. Hello,I have a user who doesn't know what their Primary Password is for Edge they tried their AD password, but that did not work. While I see an option to change the password, that requires him knowing the password to begin with.How can I reset his...
  4. Laptop password/pin problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop password/pin problem: As is no surprise, it's been a couple of years since I traveled. I'm doing so shortly, so I tried to set a pin for the laptop security. It asked me my account password. I entered the same one I use to log on here to this system, my MS account password. It's not being...
  5. Laptop password/pin problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop password/pin problem: As is no surprise, it's been a couple of years since I traveled. I'm doing so shortly, so I tried to set a pin for the laptop security. It asked me my account password. I entered the same one I use to log on here to this system, my MS account password. It's not being...
  6. Laptop password/pin problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. password problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    password problems: Hi, I forgot my computer's password and I watched a video on how to reset it but it is saying "Additional free space is needed on the drive where Windows is installed. Free up some space and try again." now I don't know what to do in this situation. My computer is windows...
  8. Password problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password problems: I recently changed my password for my account. However I can sign into the Microsoft community with it BUT cannot sign into my laptop with it. I'm given a hint which relates to an old forgotten password. Why is this and what has happened? Fortunately I have an image...
  9. Password problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password problems: I try logging on to my computer and when I put my password in it tells me I am incorrect. I can log onto all my other computers with the same password. I am system administrator and cannot get into repair anything because it says my password is wrong. I cannot get into my...
  10. problem upgrading dell vostro 1000 laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    problem upgrading dell vostro 1000 laptop: Tried upgrading my vostro 1000 to Windows 10, but got an message window saying that Dell has an issue with ati Radeon xpress 1150 not sure if it's a driver issue or hardware.. is is there anything I can do ? thanks 32669