Windows 10: Laptop Upgrade to SSD without loosing Win10 OEM license key

Discus and support Laptop Upgrade to SSD without loosing Win10 OEM license key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to upgrade my 4 years old laptop to SSD. I will remove the SATA and install a SSD. the Run an ISO image to install Win10, when activation is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Carlos AlbertoArduz, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Laptop Upgrade to SSD without loosing Win10 OEM license key

I want to upgrade my 4 years old laptop to SSD. I will remove the SATA and install a SSD. the Run an ISO image to install Win10, when activation is needed, can I use my previous OEM key?

:)

Carlos AlbertoArduz, Jan 12, 2019

2. Windows OEM Licensed - SSD Upgrade

Hi guys,

wanna ask, I just bought new laptop with Installed OEM Windows 10 SL inside,

Then I wanna replace my HDD into SSD *upgrade.

So can the OEM licensed used again in the new SSD ? or What should I do to transfer the OEM licensed from the HDD into new SSD, is it possible ? Thanks

Albi Putra, Jan 12, 2019
  3. I want to upgrade my laptop's disk to SSD but I have an OEM license

Hello, as the subject says I want to upgrade my Asus X555U laptop's disk to an SSD, the laptop came with an OEM Win 10 Home license and I've read that when reinstalling Win 10, the key is recognized automatically from the BIOS without me typing the actual
    key, does this apply to an OEM license or do I need to purchase a new key?

Gerald Prieto Lara, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Laptop Upgrade to SSD without loosing Win10 OEM license key

Migrating Win10 OEM Upgrade from HDD to SSD

I recently helped a friend with OEM Windows 7 Home Premium on his laptop upgrade to Windows 10. All went well with no probs - so laptop is currently running Windows 10 OEM.

He now wants to swap out the single HDD for a Samsung 850 Evo SSD. Can I simply migrate the HDD to the SSD, and then swap the SSD for the HDD - and Windows 10 OEM will still be activated?

I did something similar with my laptop (running Win10 Retail, upgraded from Win8.1 retail), using the Samsung migration software.

Will a similar job work with Win10 OEM?

Thanks for any help/advice.

HenryHonda, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Upgrade to SSD without loosing Win10 OEM license key

1. Laptop Upgrade to SSD without loosing Win10 OEM license key - Similar Threads - Laptop Upgrade SSD

2. OEM licenses and virtual machines

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OEM licenses and virtual machines: I just got a computer this week and activated the windows 10 pro OEM license on it. If I now want to install a type 1 hypervisor on the computer like vmshpere and put windows 10 pro and linux on it, will my windows license re-activate? It's the same computer and same...
  3. Windows OEM Licenses

Windows OEM Licenses: I am starting a business as a system integrator and I want to buy OEM windows 10 licenses from Microsoft and I was wondering if anyone knew how to do that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-oem-licenses/4ed0a0a4-ba10-4c25-b96f-eaabd1ef1052"
  4. Windows 10 OEM license

Windows 10 OEM license: I bought a Laptop which came with windows 10 home installed in the hard drive (HDD) and I want to transfer this OS to an M.2 Solid state drive (SSD) in the same Laptop. As it's an OEM license and says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft...
  5. Win10 Pro OEM key invalid

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro OEM key invalid: Hi, I'm trying to update my Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro (OEM CD) but when I punch in the key it says "the product key you entered didn't work. check product key and try again, or enter a different one. (0xc004f050)". I'd prefer to upgrade the "easy" way...
  6. License transfer from OEM/Edu retail to new laptop

License transfer from OEM/Edu retail to new laptop: My children (students) are in need of a newer laptop. I want to transfer the complete installation (system backup) of their current laptops to their new ones. I bought one laptop (laptop A) with a 'Win 10 RTM Core OEM:DM' license (Windows 10 Home). I want to transfer the...
  7. Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro

Upgrading OEM Win10 Home to MSDN Win10 Pro: Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version. My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to...
  8. win10 oem

win10 oem: Purchaced a OEM DVD of win10 --I am not sure what to look for when looking for the product code. I am accustomed to seeing 4 sets of 5 numbers but do not see the set on this package. 68932
  9. Win10 License after Mobo Upgrade ?

Win10 License after Mobo Upgrade ?: I recently upgraded my mobo and in preparation got a digital Win10 license connected to my MS account as suggested here: How to Reactivate Windows 10 After Changing Hardware I simply hooked my old SSD to the new mobo and Win10 took a little extra time to boot and was up...
  10. Win10 Redstone and Redstone 1 License Key?

Win10 Redstone and Redstone 1 License Key?: I am still running Win10 Pro (November Update 1511), and I am waiting for Redstone 1 (stable release) to roll out. I think its planned in January of 2017, I am not sure. Anyways, I did a clean install of Win10 Pro version 1511 using by license key for that version from the...