Windows 10: Laptop Upgrade to SSD without loosing Win10 OEM license key

Discus and support Laptop Upgrade to SSD without loosing Win10 OEM license key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to upgrade my 4 years old laptop to SSD. I will remove the SATA and install a SSD. the Run an ISO image to install Win10, when activation is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Carlos AlbertoArduz, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Laptop Upgrade to SSD without loosing Win10 OEM license key

I want to upgrade my 4 years old laptop to SSD. I will remove the SATA and install a SSD. the Run an ISO image to install Win10, when activation is needed, can I use my previous OEM key?

:)

Carlos AlbertoArduz, Jan 12, 2019

2. Windows OEM Licensed - SSD Upgrade

Hi guys,

wanna ask, I just bought new laptop with Installed OEM Windows 10 SL inside,

Then I wanna replace my HDD into SSD *upgrade.

So can the OEM licensed used again in the new SSD ? or What should I do to transfer the OEM licensed from the HDD into new SSD, is it possible ? Thanks

Albi Putra, Jan 12, 2019
  3. I want to upgrade my laptop's disk to SSD but I have an OEM license

Hello, as the subject says I want to upgrade my Asus X555U laptop's disk to an SSD, the laptop came with an OEM Win 10 Home license and I've read that when reinstalling Win 10, the key is recognized automatically from the BIOS without me typing the actual
    key, does this apply to an OEM license or do I need to purchase a new key?

Gerald Prieto Lara, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Laptop Upgrade to SSD without loosing Win10 OEM license key

Migrating Win10 OEM Upgrade from HDD to SSD

I recently helped a friend with OEM Windows 7 Home Premium on his laptop upgrade to Windows 10. All went well with no probs - so laptop is currently running Windows 10 OEM.

He now wants to swap out the single HDD for a Samsung 850 Evo SSD. Can I simply migrate the HDD to the SSD, and then swap the SSD for the HDD - and Windows 10 OEM will still be activated?

I did something similar with my laptop (running Win10 Retail, upgraded from Win8.1 retail), using the Samsung migration software.

Will a similar job work with Win10 OEM?

Thanks for any help/advice.

HenryHonda, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Upgrade to SSD without loosing Win10 OEM license key

1. Laptop Upgrade to SSD without loosing Win10 OEM license key - Similar Threads - Laptop Upgrade SSD

2. How to transfer OEM license to new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to transfer OEM license to new SSD: Hello there,I have a laptop with pre-Installed Windows 10 Home edition. Now I have to replace my laptop hard drive. Because it's bad health and slowness. The question is, if I replace my HDD with new SSD Windows 10 digital license will canceled or can I transfer the digital...
  3. How to transfer OEM license to new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer OEM license to new SSD: Hello there,I have a laptop with pre-Installed Windows 10 Home edition. Now I have to replace my laptop hard drive. Because it's bad health and slowness. The question is, if I replace my HDD with new SSD Windows 10 digital license will canceled or can I transfer the digital...
  4. OEM License did not carry upon SSD Upgrade

OEM License did not carry upon SSD Upgrade: I replaced my HDD with an SSD. However, upon installing Windows on the SSD. My Windows did not activate. I first got this laptop with Windows 8 and upgraded to 8.1 and to 10 activated....
  5. Motherboard upgrade and OEM License

Motherboard upgrade and OEM License: I plan on upgrading my motherboard but worried that I have to buy Windows 10 again due to my license being an OEM. Is there a way to transfer that license to a new motherboard?...
  6. Migrating OEM license without installing windows?

Migrating OEM license without installing windows?: Due to a motherboard change later this week, my Windows OEM license won't work without following the reactivation steps. I was wondering, could I do this "re-activation" process without installing Windows on a throwaway drive? If needed, can I do it after the hardware change?...
  7. Moving OEM license key for SSD replacement

Moving OEM license key for SSD replacement: Hi all, I have an old Dell XPS laptop with what appears to be an OEM Windows 10 key that came bound to the laptop. The laptop itself has a smaller SSD, and I've recently acquired a larger SSD that I'd like to replace the old one with. If possible, I'd like to use a system...
  8. Upgrade with OEM key

Upgrade with OEM key: Hello! I have been trying to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro with an OEM key for a while and it hasn't been working. I saw somewhere to use a defaultWindows 10 Pro key, but the one they provided would not work. Please help. Thanks in advance!...
  9. Trying to upgrade from OEM license to retail license without success

Trying to upgrade from OEM license to retail license without success: I have bought a new laptop that comes with an OEM license preinstalled. I want to transfer the retail license that I had on my old pc to the new pc but I get an activation error when I try to enter the activation key. I also have removed the old pc from my account to be sure...
  10. Win10 Pro OEM key invalid

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Pro OEM key invalid: Hi, I'm trying to update my Windows 10 Home Edition to Windows 10 Pro (OEM CD) but when I punch in the key it says "the product key you entered didn't work. check product key and try again, or enter a different one. (0xc004f050)". I'd prefer to upgrade the "easy" way...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop upgrade to ssd windows oem