Windows 10: Laptop-USB devices

Discus and support Laptop-USB devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. My machine doesn't detect my USB-connected Samsung camera or a SanDisk multicard reader. Both work just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonMorrison1, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Laptop-USB devices

I'm running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. My machine doesn't detect my USB-connected Samsung camera or a SanDisk multicard reader. Both work just fine on my HP desktop running Window 7.

:)

DonMorrison1, Jan 12, 2019

2. USB Devices Inconsistent Recognition in Laptop Upgraded to Windows 10

Hi Robert,

To correct your issue with connecting USB devices, we suggest you to perform the steps below on running a
    System File Checker for this will fix .dll files which are associated with drivers:

• Right-click the Start button, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

It is also recommended for you to make sure that the USB devices are removed properly from the system by clicking on safely remove USB device option.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Laptop-USB devices

USB sound/midi device not recognized

I have a Technics PR804 keyboard attached to my Windows 10 laptop through USB. I've installed the drivers that came with my keyboard by entering compatibility mode to Windows ME, but the device manager won't recognize the hardware when it's turned on and
    plugged into my laptop. I've seen instructions online indicating that device manager should identify the keyboard as a sound device, and that I should be able to choose folder location for correct driver, but can't complete this step as device manager does
    not list the keyboard as an available device.

Any suggestions?

Music ManRX, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Laptop-USB devices

1. Laptop-USB devices - Similar Threads - Laptop USB devices

2. USB cooler not detected by laptop and Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB cooler not detected by laptop and Device Manager: Previously, I had to just reconnect the usb cable and it would work fine. However this time, I have tried all kinds of methods including updating and uninstalling drivers to Command Prompts solutions but it was to no avail. The cooler works when connected to other devices....
  3. USB cooler not detected by laptop and Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB cooler not detected by laptop and Device Manager: Previously, I had to just reconnect the usb cable and it would work fine. However this time, I have tried all kinds of methods including updating and uninstalling drivers to Command Prompts solutions but it was to no avail. The cooler works when connected to other devices....
  4. USB Drives no longer functional on ACER laptop - but USB devices work?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drives no longer functional on ACER laptop - but USB devices work?: Hi, Hoping someone has run across this particular issue and has a fix because it's not something any of the standard recommended steps I've taken have remedied. I've tried resetting fast start up, I've gone into USB properties and disabled the sleep feature. I've been through...
  5. Laptop selectively failing to recognise USB device

Laptop selectively failing to recognise USB device: My laptop recognises USB drives OK, but it won't recognise an SD flash card inserted via an adaptor into the same USB slot. My PC will recognise both and it's also running Win10. Anyone got any ideas, please? Thanks. My laptop is running 10.0.19041 Build 19041 MY PC is...
  6. Device plugged into USB is not detected by laptop

Device plugged into USB is not detected by laptop: I have plugged my MP3 player into the USB socket but is not being detected by my Windows 10 laptop. Please can you help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-plugged-into-usb-is-not-detected-by-laptop/23a0dee5-c240-4c51-b487-4f4318303047
  7. my laptop isnot detecting USB devices

my laptop isnot detecting USB devices: laptop - dell inspirion N5010 windows - windows 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-isnot-detecting-usb-devices/35e59642-34ad-4e32-b797-3ad36b81a12e
  8. USB device

USB device: My Win10 HP computer just stopped "seeing" the USB port on the front -- won't read a thumb drive. I tried uninstalling the USB driver, and spent a harrowing few minutes without a mouse or keyboard. I can't even find a troubleshooter for this problem....
  9. USB devices do not work on my laptop.

USB devices do not work on my laptop.: When starting up my laptop this morning, my wireless mouse didn't work. I replaced the battery, still didn't work. Tried on another computer, the mouse did work. I went to look in device manager, the mouse wasn't detected by the laptop. I tried to connect my external...
  10. USB device not recognized - With no USB devices plugged in

USB device not recognized - With no USB devices plugged in: Just built a new gaming rig Sunday, haven't had a lot of time to mess around with it but Monday night and Tuesday morning the only issues I had were with some slow networking. Tuesday evening a new problem cropped up - constant USB device connected/disconnected sounds,...