Windows 10: Laptop-USB devices

Discus and support Laptop-USB devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. My machine doesn't detect my USB-connected Samsung camera or a SanDisk multicard reader. Both work just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonMorrison1, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Laptop-USB devices

I'm running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. My machine doesn't detect my USB-connected Samsung camera or a SanDisk multicard reader. Both work just fine on my HP desktop running Window 7.

:)

DonMorrison1, Jan 12, 2019

2. USB Devices Inconsistent Recognition in Laptop Upgraded to Windows 10

Hi Robert,

To correct your issue with connecting USB devices, we suggest you to perform the steps below on running a
    System File Checker for this will fix .dll files which are associated with drivers:

• Right-click the Start button, then select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

It is also recommended for you to make sure that the USB devices are removed properly from the system by clicking on safely remove USB device option.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Laptop-USB devices

USB sound/midi device not recognized

I have a Technics PR804 keyboard attached to my Windows 10 laptop through USB. I've installed the drivers that came with my keyboard by entering compatibility mode to Windows ME, but the device manager won't recognize the hardware when it's turned on and
    plugged into my laptop. I've seen instructions online indicating that device manager should identify the keyboard as a sound device, and that I should be able to choose folder location for correct driver, but can't complete this step as device manager does
    not list the keyboard as an available device.

Any suggestions?

Music ManRX, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Laptop-USB devices

1. Laptop-USB devices - Similar Threads - Laptop USB devices

2. USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

in Windows 10 News
    USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0: [ATTACH] USB 3.0 was a major breakthrough in the data transfer market. Marked by blue-colored USB ports, the USB 3.0 provided users with speeds up to 10 times of USB 2.0 (5 GBPS) thanks to which large media files and programs [...] This post USB Composite Device is an older...
  3. laptop not recognizing mp3 device via usb port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop not recognizing mp3 device via usb port: laptop not recognizing mp3 device via usb port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-not-recognizing-mp3-device-via-usb-port/16281199-f17a-4bcf-9621-a36b5cd98cfc
  4. USB devices

USB devices: windows 10 is losing connection to a USB devices even after it has accessed it previously. For example, the computer had established a device as H:. It then read and wrote to the device. Then the application using H: is closed and later reopened. it cannot find H: No action...
  5. USB device is not recognized

USB device is not recognized: When data card insert in all pc so it shows usb device is not recognized. I was trying troublshoting and usb drvier update but it is waste. So plz suggest other idea....
  6. USB device still running after laptop shut down

USB device still running after laptop shut down: Brand new Dell XPS-13, Win10 CU After I properly shutdown my laptop and unplug AC power why are the USB-powered fans still running in my laptop cooling pad? Also, 100% charge, shutdown, not run for 48 hours, start up, why is the charge down to 90%? 92983
  7. Toshiba Satellite Laptop USB-Device Manager-Touchscreen Issues

Toshiba Satellite Laptop USB-Device Manager-Touchscreen Issues: I have a Toshiba Satellite Radius P55W-B5224 model laptop. It originally had Win 8.1 64Bit installed, and since it was upgraded to Win 10 64Bit. A few days ago a backup thumb drive was inserted into one of the external USB ports to copy over some files. When plugged in,...
  8. USB Device Chimes

USB Device Chimes: Hey Guys, I recently noticed that I no longer have the 'plugged-in' Chime and 'removal' Chime when using a USB device. I checked my sound settings, in the control panel, and everything appears to be set correctly. Is there any other settings or anything I need to do to...
  9. USB devices do not work on my laptop.

USB devices do not work on my laptop.: When starting up my laptop this morning, my wireless mouse didn't work. I replaced the battery, still didn't work. Tried on another computer, the mouse did work. I went to look in device manager, the mouse wasn't detected by the laptop. I tried to connect my external...
  10. USB device not recognized - With no USB devices plugged in

USB device not recognized - With no USB devices plugged in: Just built a new gaming rig Sunday, haven't had a lot of time to mess around with it but Monday night and Tuesday morning the only issues I had were with some slow networking. Tuesday evening a new problem cropped up - constant USB device connected/disconnected sounds,...