Windows 10: Laptop "user sign out" when closing the LID HOW TO

Discus and support Laptop "user sign out" when closing the LID HOW TO in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When the lid is closed windows 10/11 Laptop then "user profile sign out" automaticallyPlease help me...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Md. Saedul Islam, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Laptop "user sign out" when closing the LID HOW TO

When the lid is closed windows 10/11 Laptop then "user profile sign out" automaticallyPlease help me...

:)

Md. Saedul Islam, Jan 25, 2023
  2. rmoreau Win User

How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Laptop restarts after closing the lid

Hi,

It appears that your laptop hibernates when you close its lid. This feature terminates running processes on your machine since it allows the system to use very little power. If
    Do nothing is already selected for Choose what closing the lid does
    in Power Options, let's try to make hibernation unavailable. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Click Yes if you get a prompt window.
    • Type powercfg.exe /hibernate off then press Enter.
    See if this will prevent the laptop from hibernating when you close the lid.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, Jan 25, 2023
  4. Laptop "user sign out" when closing the LID HOW TO

Laptop does not shutdown when i click shutdown and close the lid, it sleeps instead.

Hi Gan,

This scenario happens when your Power Options is misconfigured. For us to have this isolated, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Power & sleep tab.
    • On the right side, click on Additional power settings.
    • On the left pane, select Choose what closing the lid does.
    • Under Power button and lid settings, click the drop down next to
      When I close the lid.
    • Select Shut down.
    • Click on Save changes button.
    • When you’re ready to make your PC shut down, close your laptop's lid.

Note: Every time that you will close the lid, your laptop will automatically shut down.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Laptop "user sign out" when closing the LID HOW TO

1. Laptop "user sign out" when closing the LID HOW TO - Similar Threads - Laptop user sign

2. how to turn laptop off when closing lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn laptop off when closing lid: I have an acer laptop and I am running on windows 11. recently whenever I close the laptop lid it doesnt turn off and when I reopen it it doesnt ask for password. it used to turn off and ask for password before and I even checked the "what happens when I close the lid"...
  3. how to turn laptop off when closing lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to turn laptop off when closing lid: I have an acer laptop and I am running on windows 11. recently whenever I close the laptop lid it doesnt turn off and when I reopen it it doesnt ask for password. it used to turn off and ask for password before and I even checked the "what happens when I close the lid"...
  4. Laptop "user sign out" when closing the LID HOW TO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop "user sign out" when closing the LID HOW TO: When the lid is closed windows 10/11 Laptop then "user profile sign out" automaticallyPlease help me... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-user-sign-out-when-closing-the-lid-how-to/196690d3-5399-4078-84f6-4c61b4c87d44
  5. Laptop "user sign out" when closing the LID HOW TO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop "user sign out" when closing the LID HOW TO: When the lid is closed windows 10/11 Laptop then "user profile sign out" automaticallyPlease help me... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-user-sign-out-when-closing-the-lid-how-to/196690d3-5399-4078-84f6-4c61b4c87d44
  6. Apps closing when laptop lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps closing when laptop lid is closed: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface and all my open apps force close when the laptop lid has been closed overnight. I've checked all previous solutions posted on this site and nothing works. Very Annoying, can someone help resolve asap? ? It really shouldn't be this...
  7. BSOD when closing laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when closing laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 20H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL. Looking in event viewer, TPM driver has consistently failed with Event IDs 15 & 27, and then seconds later there a several...
  8. Preventing close-out of open programs when I close the laptop lid

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing close-out of open programs when I close the laptop lid: What is causing programs to shut down completely when I close the lid? I have to re-launch, sign in, and usually recover docs that were open at the time of closure, etc. even if all I've done is go from one room to the next. I've checked the power & sleep settings ... this...
  9. Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop closes programes when lid is closed: This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i had opened even the web browser are closed, anyone offer any help to fix this so that all programs that were opened remain...
  10. Lock laptop when lid is closed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock laptop when lid is closed: Hello, Please add to Windows 10 the option to "lock on lid close". Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/lock-laptop-when-lid-is-closed/c9798949-35f4-46f1-afeb-fbf7b2be39c1"