Windows 10: Laptop using built in mic instead of headphone mic

Discus and support Laptop using built in mic instead of headphone mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop is not using my headphone mic. This used to not be a problem, but now it is and it's fairly annoying. I have gone into Control Panel to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tlp743guy, Jan 5, 2021.

1. tlp743guy Win User

Laptop using built in mic instead of headphone mic

My laptop is not using my headphone mic. This used to not be a problem, but now it is and it's fairly annoying. I have gone into Control Panel to manually select the headphone mic, however only two mic options appear "Microphone - Realtek High Definition Audio" & "Microphone Array - Realtek High Definition Audio", both of which keep using the built-in mic. I have enabled "Show Disabled Devices" & "Show Disconnected Devices". I have tested my headphones on another computer and they work perfectly fine, and I have gone into device manager for it to not list my headphones. I have also deleted and reinstalled the Realtek audio drivers to no avail, and am currently thinking about returning to a restore point although I am not sure if it will delete the games that I have bought over the break, and I don't want to wait a day reinstalling them.

Device Info

Laptop: Asus Tuf Gaming Fx504 Series upgraded to 24Gb ram

Headphones: Anker Soundcore forgot the model, bought it ~1.5 years ago

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

:)

tlp743guy, Jan 5, 2021
  2. Aman Win User

Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

Aman, Jan 5, 2021
  3. How to get laptop mic working with headphones

My laptop has a dual headphone/mic jack, and I have a headset with a microphone built into it. Whenever I plug it in, the laptop's in-built microphone is disabled and the headset takes over. I'd like to use the (higher quality) laptop mic instead of the
    (very grainy) headset mic while still having the headphones plugged in. Is there any way of doing this? There appears to be just one recording device called "Microphone (Conexant smart audio device)". When the headphones are unplugged, it registers sounds
    through the laptop mic, and when they're plugged in, it registers sounds through the headset instead, which I don't want.

MizunoRyuu, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Laptop using built in mic instead of headphone mic

Use Laptop internal built-in mic

Hello,

I have a pair of headphones that have no mic in them. I was wondering if it was possible to use my laptops internal built-in mic while the my headphones are plugged in (basically audio comes from the headphones, but I use the laptop's mic). My laptop has
    a single 3.5mm headphone jack. I remember being able to do this on my old computer but not my new one

Thank you!

Minimartzz, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Laptop using built in mic instead of headphone mic

1. Laptop using built in mic instead of headphone mic - Similar Threads - Laptop using built

2. How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic: Basically when I plug in my earphone, the laptop switches to the earphones mic and I want it to use the built in mic but there seems to be no way to change or switch between them and some solution states that I can switch between them at the control panel or smt but there's...
  3. How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic: Basically when I plug in my earphone, the laptop switches to the earphones mic and I want it to use the built in mic but there seems to be no way to change or switch between them and some solution states that I can switch between them at the control panel or smt but there's...
  4. How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic: Please help, my laptop only has one input device available which is the RealtekR even though my headphones are connected and thus the mic is coming from the built in laptop mic...
  5. How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic

How to use headphones mic instead of laptop built-in mic: Please help, my laptop only has one input device available which is the RealtekR even though my headphones are connected and thus the mic is coming from the built in laptop mic...
  6. Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic: Why hello!I've recently received a headset with a 3.5mm 4 pin TRRS headphone jack. The output works fine, as in I can hear audio when wearing them, however my laptop is still using its own in-built mic instead of the headset mic. As an aside, I've tested using the headset...
  7. Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic

Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic: Why hello!I've recently received a headset with a 3.5mm 4 pin TRRS headphone jack. The output works fine, as in I can hear audio when wearing them, however my laptop is still using its own in-built mic instead of the headset mic. As an aside, I've tested using the headset...
  8. Laptop using built in mic instead of headset mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop using built in mic instead of headset mic: Hi, so I've had this problem for a while now and having trouble finding a solution. When I go into my sound settings, I don't even see my headset there, only the built in mic. Any suggestions would be appreciated. submitted by /u/theinevitable420 [link] [comments]...
  9. How to use the built-in laptop mic instead of earphones' mic?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to use the built-in laptop mic instead of earphones' mic?: Hello, I am currently using a laptop with a dual audio port (one for audio output and one for audio input - microphone). Last week I bought the HyperX Cloud Earbuds, its mic worked perfectly on my mobile phone but didn't work as well on the laptop. I bought a audio splitting...
  10. Using the Built-In Mic Instead of Earbud Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using the Built-In Mic Instead of Earbud Mic: Hi all, I've had this problem for a while now where no matter what kind of earbuds I'm wearing, the default recording device is always the built-in microphone on my laptop. I've opened up recording settings and I don't see a specific device listed as the in-line mic built...