Windows 10: Laptop using its own microphone instead of using earphones microphone.

Discus and support Laptop using its own microphone instead of using earphones microphone. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having this problem for quite a while now. I've been using my Galaxy A51's earphone on my laptop, but it keeps using its own crappy microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tushig Bayar, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Laptop using its own microphone instead of using earphones microphone.

I'm having this problem for quite a while now. I've been using my Galaxy A51's earphone on my laptop, but it keeps using its own crappy microphone instead of the earphone's microphone. I tried using instructions on how to switch microphones but it only has the option Microphone 2- realtek audio and it has no other options. Does anyone now how to fix this if so, please help me.

:)

Tushig Bayar, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Az Har Win User

Headphone, earphone and microphone are not in Sound Control Panel.

Windows 10 64 bit

Laptop using its own microphone instead of using earphones microphone. [​IMG]

Stereo mix and line & mic at front or rear panel don't work too.

I somehow managed to get my headphone to play the same thing as my speaker at the same time but that's as far as i got.

Az Har, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Headset/Microphone background reduction; suggestions

There's a solution to this out there, but I cannot pinpoint the right search terminology to get accurate results.

When I speak into my microphone, whatever sound is being sent into my headphones, is also directly sent to the microphone and outputted upon transmit.

This means that it's not a case of the sound coming out of the headphones, then travelling to the microphone, it's actually going straight to the microphone instead.

All I've come up with so far, is a suggestion to mute the microphone input via Windows. Though that seems to render the microphone useless.

newconroer, Apr 12, 2021
  4. John DeV Win User

Laptop using its own microphone instead of using earphones microphone.

Microphone

Hello OmerAlkazak,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I want to apologize if you encountered this issue. I understand you want to use the laptop's microphone instead on the earphones.

Press Start then search Sound Settings

On the upper right side click Sound Control Panel

Under Recording Tab, right click and set the laptops microphone as default or disable the earphone's microphone

Please take a screenshot and post on your next reply.

If it doesn't work. Kindly try another earphones with microphone then check if you can change the laptop's microphone to default.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Laptop using its own microphone instead of using earphones microphone.

1. Laptop using its own microphone instead of using earphones microphone. - Similar Threads - Laptop using own

2. How to use earphone's mic instead of laptop's one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use earphone's mic instead of laptop's one: I have an earphone using 3.5mm Jack. When I plug it into my laptop Dell Inspiron 3576, the mic that the laptop use is the laptop's one, not the earphone's mic. Is there any way to change it? I have tried sth but it didn't work at...
  3. How to use earphone's mic instead of laptop's one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use earphone's mic instead of laptop's one: I have an earphone using 3.5mm Jack. When I plug it into my laptop Dell Inspiron 3576, the mic that the laptop use is the laptop's one, not the earphone's mic. Is there any way to change it? I have tried sth but it didn't work at...
  4. My laptop kept using my build in microphone instead of my external microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop kept using my build in microphone instead of my external microphone: My laptop keeps repeating the same mistake all over again. At first, the microphone works like a charm, but when i unplugged the mic to use it for something else and plug it back in, the laptop can't seem to recognize it. I need to restart the laptop every time i want to use...
  5. How to use headset Microphone Instead of laptop built In Mic

How to use headset Microphone Instead of laptop built In Mic: Hi, I have a Acer Aspire 5 A514-52K, Recently I got a headset that uses 3.5 mm Jack I plugged my headset in and It asked " What device did you plug In" I accidently clicked on headphones Instead of "headset" , For months I thought my mic on my headset was working In good...
  6. Laptop using built-in microphone instead of earphone mic

Laptop using built-in microphone instead of earphone mic: I'm having a recent issue after I reset my laptop. After I reset my laptop, it started to use my laptop's built-in microphone instead of the microphone on my earphones. I have tried many possible solutions such as re-installing my audio drivers but that didn't work. For added...
  7. Microphone volume changing on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone volume changing on its own: As the title says, I’m trying to get my microphone to stop changing its own volume. I’ve tried turning off ‘Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device’ setting, I’ve made it so that when windows detects communication activity it does nothing, all of the fixes...
  8. Laptop using inbuilt microphone instead of the one thats plugged in.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop using inbuilt microphone instead of the one thats plugged in.: I bought a microphone and i want to use it with my laptop. When i plug it in the audio jack (headphone/mic combo) it detects the microphone as headphones and when i try to record something it still uses the inbuilt microphone and not the one i plugged in. Is there a way for...
  9. Earphones' Microphone is not working

Earphones' Microphone is not working: Hello, I recently bought Apple earphones and am using them on my laptop hp and windows 10. I can hear well using them however, the microphone doesnt work unless I am pressing the button. For reference, I tried other headphones that I previously had another brand and they...
  10. Microphone on headset not being used on PC while webcam microphone is being used instead.

Microphone on headset not being used on PC while webcam microphone is being used instead.: I can plug in my headset in and out now fine, but the microphone is not working. If I plug in the headset into another device, the headset works perfectly fine. When plugging in my PC, the headphones on the headset work, but the microphone is not being used. Instead, the...