Windows 10: Laptop very slow after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Laptop very slow after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My laptop, a Lenovo Yoga 920, recently had an auto-update for Windows 10. It updated to Microsoft Windows KB4462933. After the update, it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AntonAlvarez, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Laptop very slow after Windows 10 update

Hi,

My laptop, a Lenovo Yoga 920, recently had an auto-update for Windows 10. It updated to Microsoft Windows KB4462933. After the update, it has become VERY slow. My laptop had been running great before the update. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

:)

AntonAlvarez, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Laptop very slow after Windows 10 update

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Laptop very slow after Windows 10 update

1. Laptop very slow after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Laptop very slow

2. the pc is very slow after updating to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the pc is very slow after updating to windows 10: My laptop was running Windows 7 Family Premium and I was forced to update it due to the discontinuation of support To Windows 10 The result was a drop in performance four times, so I cannot run light games or even open some applications smoothly. I am a game developer and I...
  3. the pc is very slow after updating to windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the pc is very slow after updating to windows 10: My laptop was running Windows 7 Family Premium and I was forced to update it due to the discontinuation of support To Windows 10 The result was a drop in performance four times, so I cannot run light games or even open some applications smoothly. I am a game developer and I...
  4. Very slow Laptop after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow Laptop after Windows update: Hi,I recently did windows update on Windows 11. My Laptop ran perfectly before Intel i7 10 series, 32gb RAM, Nvidia 2060 GPU. Since updating, my laptop has become almost unusable. Doing normal tasks such as opening a folder or a browser causes it to grind to a halt for a few...
  5. Very slow Laptop after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very slow Laptop after Windows update: Hi,I recently did windows update on Windows 11. My Laptop ran perfectly before Intel i7 10 series, 32gb RAM, Nvidia 2060 GPU. Since updating, my laptop has become almost unusable. Doing normal tasks such as opening a folder or a browser causes it to grind to a halt for a few...
  6. Windows 10 very slow after PIN update

Windows 10 very slow after PIN update: HiMy laptop is running very slow after update which needs to enter pin. After entering pin, it takes longer to stable and also very slow. I also observed that it crashes multiple times....
  7. After recent Update install, laptop is very slow.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After recent Update install, laptop is very slow.: I am using a two year old, fully updated, Hp laptop with Windows 10 and a IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHz processor and NVIDA GE Force. After a recent update, the laptop was running extremely slow.Taking 10 to 20 minutes to open after a full shutdown.Opening...
  8. Windows is very slow after update

Windows is very slow after update: Greetings! Is there a recent announcement from MS that the latest update has a / some problem[s]? Apparently, there is and I seem to encounter it. My windows is very slow now after the upgrade. We have a fairly new laptop; about five months old. The CPU is Core...
  9. Laptop very slow after Windows 10 Update

Laptop very slow after Windows 10 Update: Update KB4576478 only partially loaded, laptop is running exceedingly slow. Uninstalled update 3 times and still in the system. What do I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-very-slow-after-windows-10-update/bf981967-452b-45b8-927a-5edb4f21f0d0
  10. My laptop is very slow after an update in november

My laptop is very slow after an update in november: I have a Dell inspiron with Windows 10 Pro that was working very fast after I did an update those that appear after you are turning off the computer in november of this year, now my laptop is taking forever to turn on or turn off, and its working very slow in general. I don't...