Windows 10: Laptop visibly slow without any indication of high memory/cpu usage

Discus and support Laptop visibly slow without any indication of high memory/cpu usage in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; my laptop has i7, 16gb ram, ssd. running windows10 - 2004 update. on task manager everything seems okay - memory and cpu usage ~ 30-45%, almost no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jetski9293, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Laptop visibly slow without any indication of high memory/cpu usage

my laptop has i7, 16gb ram, ssd. running windows10 - 2004 update. on task manager everything seems okay - memory and cpu usage ~ 30-45%, almost no network/disk usage, yet gets very slow to respond, mouse pointer takes time to move, context menus takes 1-2 sec to appear on desktop, typed letters appears after a second. issue noticed in last 2 days, goes away after rebooting.

how to troubleshoot?

submitted by /u/jetski9293
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jetski9293, Jun 22, 2020

2. cpu usage high internet slow windows 7

Brevity can be a virtue but it can also be counter-productive.

• Which application demands excessive CPU resources?
    • What would you like to ask?

Frederik Long, Jun 22, 2020
  3. DenetteBoyd-King, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Laptop visibly slow without any indication of high memory/cpu usage

cpu usage high internet slow windows 7

cpu usage high internet slow windows 7

SNIPER M1O7, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Laptop visibly slow without any indication of high memory/cpu usage

1. Laptop visibly slow without any indication of high memory/cpu usage - Similar Threads - Laptop visibly slow

2. svchost high memory and cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    svchost high memory and cpu usage: SVCHOST ha made my gaming pretty bad, im running on Asus laptop with a gtx 1070 and i7 8750H.Heres where the problem comes my fps is very high on almost all games but my fps drops to 20-40 in every minute or so, in windows it ranged to 5-20 fps but the fps goes from 144 to 1...
  3. svchost high memory and cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    svchost high memory and cpu usage: SVCHOST ha made my gaming pretty bad, im running on Asus laptop with a gtx 1070 and i7 8750H.Heres where the problem comes my fps is very high on almost all games but my fps drops to 20-40 in every minute or so, in windows it ranged to 5-20 fps but the fps goes from 144 to 1...
  4. High memory and cpu usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High memory and cpu usage: Never had this happen to me before. My memory and cpu usage is higher than normal, task manager says that my memory usage is 60% on idle. It's usually about 20 or 30, my cpu is 10% on idle and it spikes to 60 sometimes. When I open a game or browser they get significantly...
  5. MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe High CPU and Memory usage

in Windows 10 News
    MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe High CPU and Memory usage: [ATTACH]If MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe or Microsoft Edge Content Process is causing a high CPU or Memory usage issue, here is how you fix the issue. Although this problem mainly occurs in Windows 10, you can encounter the same in Windows 11 as well. It appears due to corrupt system...
  6. Pc running slow but no high cpu or memory usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pc running slow but no high cpu or memory usage: Hi, my pc got suddently slow after the installation of "Nox Player" that installed "RAV antivirus" too. I tried to uninstall RAV antivirus but didn't worked so I used "REVO uninstaller" a tool to uninstall applications, the uninstallation went succesfully of both but the pc...
  7. High memory usage without processes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High memory usage without processes: [ATTACH] Hello For a long time I observed Windows 10 is using too much memory. I am checking current processes and total count is not even close to current usage. I reinstalled my OS many times, have latest updates, latest BIOS, but still same issue persist for a long...
  8. High CPU usage & Memory leak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage & Memory leak: Hello, I've a leak memory and high CPU from lanmanServer and System ntoskrnl.exe. The system ntoskrnl.exe is on 19%-20% CPU usage all the time and the Lanmanserver is starting from 40MB RAM and will continue until the Memory usage will be full and eventually the machine...
  9. High CPU, Memory & Disk Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU, Memory & Disk Usage: Hello Microsoft! I am new to post here so please don't kill me if I am doing wrong things here. I am in dire need of some tech support. I am becoming upset of what is happening with my laptop now. It responds so slow and often displays "not responding". My works were already...
  10. Laptop Freezing, CPU Usage and Memory Very High

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Freezing, CPU Usage and Memory Very High: Hiya! I hope that this is in the right place, but... can someone help me? I've been having issues with my Toshiba laptop since, day one. I, obviously, had Windows 8.1 when I got this laptop, which was 6 months ago, just after Xmas and that had problems. Lagging whenever...