Windows 10: Laptop vs Desktop or Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10

Discus and support Laptop vs Desktop or Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Dell Desktop that was upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I have a laptop that had Windows 10 installed as original operating system. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Libraron, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Libraron Win User

Laptop vs Desktop or Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10

I have a Dell Desktop that was upgraded from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I have a laptop that had Windows 10 installed as original operating system. I have found that some software does not fully function on my laptop but does function fully on my desktop. Is there an explanation. The software companies are stumped.

:)

Libraron, Jan 20, 2019
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jan 20, 2019
  3. windows 7 8 or 10

Windows 10 is great I think. Windows 8/8.1 was not really desktop friendly without a start program (start8). Windows 10 brings back the start bar with some windows 8.1 flare.

brandonwh64, Jan 20, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

AsRock, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop vs Desktop or Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Laptop Desktop upgrade

2. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.: I have an older Laptop that I use for travel. It was my wife's old laptop. It crashed ad I had reload then it became available. OEM disks after replacing the hard drive. Now it's running 8.1. I had previously upgraded it to Widows 10 when available. It I just bought a new...
  4. Upgrade to Windows 10 from 8.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  6. Window 10 upgrade from 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 upgrade from 8: Can I upgrade direct from 8 to 10 I have tried updating to 8.1 but it is continually failing attached is a copy of my specs on this laptop Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-upgrade-from-8/b95452fa-dbf9-4d06-bcbe-60d52335c15a
  7. Upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 on laptop

Upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 on laptop: I think I will be getting a laptop that has windows 8.. I would like to upgrade it to windows 10. (I have a windows 10 desktop) 1st.. is that still possible to do. 2nd.. should I do it with the orginal owner or after changing it to my own credentials.. 3rd .. where would I...
  8. upgrading to Windows 10 from 8

upgrading to Windows 10 from 8: Hello, So I finally upgraded my dads windows 8 laptop to windows 10 because he's a stubborn old man who wouldnt do it when it was free.. That windows 8 version had face recognition password that he used to log in and cant remember the password he used to create that log...
  9. Upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10

Upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10: Want to upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-windows-8-to-windows-10/b8b82b87-210e-4b23-b20b-2ee379cac65e
  10. Windows 7 vs Windows 8 vs Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7 vs Windows 8 vs Windows 10: I'm a Mac person... What is the difference between Windows 7 and Windows 8 and Windows 10? I've learned that newer is not always better. Also, I believe Windows 7 or Windows 8 was considered a bomb, right? The content of this question is I am trying to figure out...