Windows 10: Laptop w/32 GB Drive - Not Room to Update

Discus and support Laptop w/32 GB Drive - Not Room to Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I teach Windows 10 at the Senior Citizens Center. When possible, students bring their laptops to class so they can learn on their own machines. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wynona, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Wynona Win User

Laptop w/32 GB Drive - Not Room to Update

I teach Windows 10 at the Senior Citizens Center. When possible, students bring their laptops to class so they can learn on their own machines.

I've helped several of them update Windows 10; however, one student has a laptop with only a 32 GB "hard drive" that says there's not enough room to update.

I mistakenly bought one of these and my solution was to take it back to Office Depot! She doesn't have that option; it's two or three years old. It's a Lenovo ideapad 100S with an Intel processor.

Is there any way to add storage?

:)

Wynona, Oct 9, 2019

2. cannot load updates for windows 10 . hard drive 32 GB too small

I have a Aspire One Cloudbook 14 with a eMMC 32 HARD DRIVE. My laptop has Microsoft 10 on it. I am trying to load a Microsoft 10 update. During update Microsoft said to select drive to hold the down load my C drive is 10 GB short. I added USB 32 GB
    drive. Then Microsoft update says on the screen I must have and additional 4.73 GB to complete install. I cannot make that happen even if I delete all the apps,. I have all ready removed all of my personal files. The laptop locks out 25.3 for system files
    of the 32 GB. so it impossible to free up 10 GB. Help. with all the small laptops using 32 GB hard drives this is a real problem.. HELP

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate]

MULLINS(2), Oct 9, 2019
  3. Are systems with 32 GB eMMC drives no longer updatable?

I tried to update my HP Stream (that runs on the non-replaceable 32 GB eMMC) using the Media Creation Tool (MediaCreationTool1903.exe), but it only upgraded the OS to the 1607 update. The laptop has a bit over 5 GB of free space and there is nothing I can
    free (other than a browser and Skype, there is nothing I can delete, and I cleaned up the drive including the system files, old updates, etc), so I used a USB flash drive for the upgrade.

I did a bit of research and according to Windows 10 PC with under 32GB storage? No 1903 update for you, says Microsoft | ZDNet,
    it looks like there is not further upgrade for me. Is this true? Does it mean all systems running on a 32 GB eMMC drives will be permanently stuck on the 1607 update? What about security patches?

Can anyone share Microsoft's official stand on this? Thanks.

Alek Davis, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Laptop w/32 GB Drive - Not Room to Update

How to install Windows 10 November update on 32 GB computer

I am trying to update to 1511. I have a new, blank 16 GB USB drive inserted. When I get the statement that Windows needs more space and there is dropdown list of options I choose to use the USB drive for the needed space. I then get a statement that I
    need to free up about 4 GB on my C drive. I deleted a few things off the hard drive but I have no idea what I could delete or move to get 4 GB of free space. 28 of 32 GB is in use.

I have read that the update KB3124260 is designed to help but I have no idea how to install it. My automatic Windows Update does not seem to ever choose it. I downloaded it from the Microsoft Update Catalog but it does not appear to have been installed.
    I don't see how to manually force an update from the C drive.

Any suggestions?

RichardAT586, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Laptop w/32 GB Drive - Not Room to Update

1. Laptop w/32 GB Drive - Not Room to Update - Similar Threads - Laptop Drive Room

2. Readyboost not showing on a 2021 laptop. 32 GB USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Readyboost not showing on a 2021 laptop. 32 GB USB: Hi,I have been having a lot of trouble trying to find out why Readyboost wont appear on my USB Harddrive properties. I tried it on another machine, and it worked, but for some reason, it wont work with my laptop. Please advise!...
  3. Readyboost not showing on a 2021 laptop. 32 GB USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Readyboost not showing on a 2021 laptop. 32 GB USB: Hi,I have been having a lot of trouble trying to find out why Readyboost wont appear on my USB Harddrive properties. I tried it on another machine, and it worked, but for some reason, it wont work with my laptop. Please advise!...
  4. Readyboost not showing on a 2021 laptop. 32 GB USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 32 GB flash drive to install windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    32 GB flash drive to install windows 10: I’m building a new pc and I need to install windows, what I don’t know is if I can use a 32gb flash drive (exFAT) or if I have to go lower. I looked it up and it was mixed answers for whatever reason. Please help I’m building my pc today or tomorrow submitted by...
  6. Are systems with 32 GB eMMC drives no longer updatable?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Are systems with 32 GB eMMC drives no longer updatable?: I tried to update my HP Stream (that runs on the non-replaceable 32 GB eMMC) using the Media Creation Tool (MediaCreationTool1903.exe), but it only upgraded the OS to the 1607 update. The laptop has a bit over 5 GB of free space and there is nothing I can free (other than a...
  7. Any word when the 1903 update will be able to be updated on 32 gb laptops?

Any word when the 1903 update will be able to be updated on 32 gb laptops?: Last I saw 1903 would not work with an external device attached so you either had to have enough hard drive space or you couldn't update. Just curious if there has been word when they will release an update that will work for this situation? Or if they will. Have satellite...
  8. Windows 10 updates on a Toshiba CL15 w/ only 32 Gb SSD

Windows 10 updates on a Toshiba CL15 w/ only 32 Gb SSD: After a great deal of difficulty and much effort, I finally managed to get this Win10 Home laptop updated to 1803 last summer by uninstalling almost everything but the OS, and since then the intermittent updates have been processed without too much trouble. Not so with the...
  9. Installing a 32 GB thumb drive to increase storage.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installing a 32 GB thumb drive to increase storage.: How to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-a-32-gb-thumb-drive-to-increase-storage/58221030-9a61-4639-8b37-9de5b7cc22f3"
  10. trancend 128 usb drive appears with 32 GB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    trancend 128 usb drive appears with 32 GB: hello i have win 10 and today connect my trancend usb 3.0 flash drive.the capacity is 128 GB but in appears with 32 GB!!!.i format it but nothing change.any help please 42015

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 32gb emmc update windows 1903