Windows 10: Laptop waits to update AFTER I start using it

Discus and support Laptop waits to update AFTER I start using it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have Windows set to update outside of active hours (so overnight) and it just doesn't want to. Last night, I let it install updates and left it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheSammy58, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Laptop waits to update AFTER I start using it

I have Windows set to update outside of active hours (so overnight) and it just doesn't want to. Last night, I let it install updates and left it plugged in and on, and when I came back 24 hours later, it tells me it needs to restart to finish... Shouldn't it be restarting on its own, or am I just missing something here?

submitted by /u/TheSammy58
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheSammy58, Feb 14, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Laptop waits to update AFTER I start using it pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Laptop waits to update AFTER I start using it

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Laptop waits to update AFTER I start using it

1. Laptop waits to update AFTER I start using it - Similar Threads - Laptop waits update

2. I have to wait for a month to use my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have to wait for a month to use my laptop: I was updating my laptop on the 1st June and I needed to change my phone number in my personal details for my windows account because I lost that number a long time ago and I don't have access to it anymore. I after doing that it said that the changes were pending till 1 July...
  3. I have to wait for a month to use my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have to wait for a month to use my laptop: I was updating my laptop on the 1st June and I needed to change my phone number in my personal details for my windows account because I lost that number a long time ago and I don't have access to it anymore. I after doing that it said that the changes were pending till 1 July...
  4. I have to wait for a month to use my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop won’t start after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop won’t start after update: I have an HP 17z laptop. Last week I used the windows updater and now it won’t turn on. I’m stumped it was working just fine prior and now no power or fans. Any suggestions?...
  6. Laptop not starting after windows update

Laptop not starting after windows update: Hi, i shared my screen with tech support yesterday as they assisted me with downloading a version of Windows 10. After it downloaded and did the usual restart.. my computer now wont pass the HP screen and keeps circling with a message that says “Attempting to recover...
  7. i am tired of waiting to use my computer after updates

i am tired of waiting to use my computer after updates: Microsoft does not own my computer and should not be allowed to download to it without my permission...is there a way to stop all updates from downloading without my permission...
  8. Start up problem after update -- BSOD & wait

in Windows 10 Support
    Start up problem after update -- BSOD & wait: Power on shows manufactures logo And now proceeds to a bluescreen Please wait that never finishes. Early attempts got be passed password entry but strange warnings about desktop & profile & then empty desktop except task bar & recycle bin . Now can't even get to windows start...
  9. Laptop is not starting after updates

Laptop is not starting after updates: Respected Sir, Yesterday, i update my window10 with latest update. After that i shut down my laptop (Lenovo G500). today in morning, as i started my laptop, it is not starting. please tell me the solution to start it....
  10. Laptop won't start after update

Laptop won't start after update: My HP Spectre 13 laptop won't complete a startup. It has the update of Windows 10 pro (from 8.1), a solid state drive (SSD), and classic shell. The computer started earlier today and I got a message that I could restart it to effect updates -- so I did. That restart seemed...