Windows 10: Laptop wakes from sleep - help!

Discus and support Laptop wakes from sleep - help! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've been trying to figure this out for such a long time and I'm losing my mind. The short version is that my computer, like my kid, seems to wake up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by keliason, Apr 17, 2020.

1. keliason Win User

Laptop wakes from sleep - help!

I've been trying to figure this out for such a long time and I'm losing my mind. The short version is that my computer, like my kid, seems to wake up from sleep all the time and if on AC, just runs and runs and runs with the lid closed and gets really hot and the fan makes a lot of noise. If on battery, it just runs until it dies. Either way, I think my battery is at like 30% capacity from all the cycles. Really unfortunate.

I've been reading lots of blog articles and there's lots of suggestions, but I can't seem to find a solution. All I know is that I've set my power plan to not wake for timers on battery and only important timers for AC. I've run a sleep study and it looks like this keeps coming up:

"Timer - Windows will execute 'NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Unversal Orchestrator Start' scheduled task that request waking the computer.

When I go into the Task Scheduler Local > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > UpdateOrchestrator, I see some task name but no "Orchestrator Start".

I don't know if that's even the problem, but now my laptop has about 30 minutes of battery time and keeps running on most nights. Can someone help me figure this out? I'm decently tech savvy, but I don't really know my way around CMD prompts and that kind of thing.

:)

keliason, Apr 17, 2020

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Chadi Win User
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Laptop wakes from sleep - help! [​IMG]

Chadi, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Laptop wakes from sleep - help!

Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Laptop wakes from sleep - help!

1. Laptop wakes from sleep - help! - Similar Threads - Laptop wakes sleep

2. Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep: Sometimes when I tried to enter the sleep mode, the screen darkens, but the laptop was still awake blue LED indicator beside the laptop, should be in orange if entered sleep successfully. When this issue happened, I can't do anything else but to force restart the laptop...
  3. Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop failed to wake from sleep / enter sleep: Sometimes when I tried to enter the sleep mode, the screen darkens, but the laptop was still awake blue LED indicator beside the laptop, should be in orange if entered sleep successfully. When this issue happened, I can't do anything else but to force restart the laptop...
  4. Laptop not waking from sleep/idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop not waking from sleep/idle: This infuriating issue began a few months ago, after an update I believe. I have been trying to fix it ever since.Acer Spin 5 SP515-51GNThe laptop doesn't wake from sleep after it has been left for more than a few seconds after the screen has turned off. When plugged into...
  5. Laptop wakes from sleep - help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop wakes from sleep - help!: I"ve been trying to figure this out for such a long time and I'm losing my mind. The short version is that my computer, like my kid, seems to wake up from sleep all the time and if on AC, just runs and runs and runs with the lid closed and gets really hot and the fan makes a...
  6. Laptop waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop waking up from sleep: I'm using windows 10 pro on a gigabyte aero-15-x9. I checked whether there are any active wake timers in cmd using powercfg -waketimers and it says there are no active wake timers, and I also disabled wake timers in the power config. However, my laptop still turns on while...
  7. Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly: I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm...
  8. BSOD on waking laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on waking laptop from sleep: Attached is the file from DM collector. My laptop occasionally BSOD when I wake it from sleep. Hopefully someone has any ideas as to why. Thanks in advance *Smile Attachment 115619 73833
  9. BSOD On Laptop Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD On Laptop Waking From Sleep: Hi, Recently, whenever I wake my laptop up from sleep (from closing the lid and then opening it again), sometimes I get a BSOD. I think it started when I updated the Intel graphics driver, so I've booted into safe mode, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, and I...
  10. Laptop occasionally not waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop occasionally not waking from sleep: Hi there. I first apologise as this doesn't apply to my current computer specs but to my friend's laptop. His laptop however is also a Toshiba Satellite and also has Windows 10 Home 64bit. What seems to happen is when he closes the lid on his laptop his laptop sleeps...