Windows 10: Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly

Discus and support Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by osly, Feb 14, 2019.

1. osly Win User

Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly

I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm so confused as to why my computer wakes up. I've disabled wake timers and auto maintenance before, and it solved rhe problem temporarily. Today, the issue came back to haunt me. Any help is appreciated and, I think this might be because of the windows update? At night, I don't close my laptop lid because my keyboard is there, should I close my laptop lid? Any help is appreciated, Wake on LAN isn't an option in my bios, but I have toggled off some settings from the wifi and Ethernet adapters to stop that from waking my computer. It seems as if this issue happens every 2 weeks... and I just had my laptop update 1-2 days ago because it just refused to NOT update ._. Any help is greatly appreciated. I've tried Brink's "See Wake Sources" tutorial, but if I remember correctly, it said the source was either the power button or "unknown." I don't understand what's going on, this is extremely frusterating.

:)

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly

1. Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly - Similar Threads - Laptop wakes sleep

2. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc randomly waking from sleep: This HP desktop pc is continually waking when not in use and poser is set to 'sleep'.I do not understand the power setting options: "What do you want the pc to do when you press sleep?""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" shut down"?Isn't it natural that I...
  3. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc randomly waking from sleep: This HP desktop pc is continually waking when not in use and poser is set to 'sleep'.I do not understand the power setting options: "What do you want the pc to do when you press sleep?""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" shut down"?Isn't it natural that I...
  4. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my laptop wake from sleep randomly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my laptop wake from sleep randomly?: Preface: My n key is double-typing for some reason. I'm doing my best to correct it, but if you see any words with extra ns please disregard them. #System Info I have a Dell G5 SE running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041. Logitech G910 Orion Spark Keyboard...
  6. So my laptop randomly wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So my laptop randomly wakes up from sleep: So I am not sure if this is the right sub to ask this but help would be appreciated. So my laptop randomly wakes up from sleep, and it’s not like the screen is on or anything, it’s just running and fans are on and stuff. When I actually try to press power button to see if...
  7. Laptop randomly shuts down after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop randomly shuts down after waking from sleep: I have a laptop, built for me, running windows 10. This issue comes and goes, but it has happened five or six times in the last three days. After sleeping the laptop, upon waking opening the lid the fan whirs and then the whole machine shuts down. Usually it is fine after...
  8. Laptop randomly wakes from sleep - DELL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly wakes from sleep - DELL: I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm...
  9. Dell laptop randomly wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell laptop randomly wakes up from sleep: I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm...
  10. Sleep waking randomly and regularly restarts laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep waking randomly and regularly restarts laptop.: I think the sleep feature in the Win 10/64 on my laptop has become corrupted. When I put the machine to sleep, sometimes it wakes normally, but about 70% of the time, on waking the machine has shut down and re-boots. I know MS Office has an online repair feature, so I was...