Windows 10: Laptop wakes itself from sleep after 3 hs - ACPI Wakeup Timer

Discus and support Laptop wakes itself from sleep after 3 hs - ACPI Wakeup Timer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi I've seen this posted several times and no solutions given so I don't have much hope. My Gigabyte AERO 15 laptop wakes itself up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chaostar108, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Laptop wakes itself from sleep after 3 hs - ACPI Wakeup Timer

Laptop wakes itself from sleep after 3 hs - ACPI Wakeup Timer Xbr9YyXLOxvjSd2FfSFUX_PYio9npMYAPtCg7XG9TYM.jpg

Hi
    I've seen this posted several times and no solutions given so I don't have much hope.
    My Gigabyte AERO 15 laptop wakes itself up automatically 3 hs after I set it to sleep.
    I noticed it woke up but I only noticed the 3hs period after running the

powercfg /SLEEPSTUDY

command and noticing that all the sleep periods that ended with a wakeup due to ACPI Wake Alarm lasted exactly 3 hours.
    When opening the section in that element called "Detailed OS State Data" I can see that there is a programmed wakeup timer set exactly upon entering sleep.
    All standard solutions such as disabling wakeup timers have been tried with no results.
    Can someone help me?
    As of now I cannot leave my comp in a sleep state (for ex inside a backpack) and trust it will remain so after 3 hs.
    Thanks!
    (In this screenshot you can see that upon entering sleep at 1:07:22 the computer sets a ProgrammedWakeTime at 4:07:22 - in all cases it is the same, exactly 3 hs after sleep)

https://preview.redd.it/gf1bxmlgsbb...bp&s=b98d3ae874402be17bd71467289f82a7154b3201

submitted by /u/Chaostar108
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chaostar108, Jan 14, 2021
  2. Rus T Win User

laptop with windows 10 wake up by itself (and drain my battery)

It happens couple of times since I have windows 10 installed on my laptop

I troubleshoot a bit but can't find out what's causing it

troubleshooting steps

1. open command prompt and type 'powercfg -lastwake'

Result: wake history count - 1

wake history [0]

wake source count - 0

OK, it does wake up but doesn't tell me anything

2. 'powercfg - devicequery wake_armed

Result: HID keyboard and mouse

I know that I do not have HID keyboard, so this is not the problem. Mouse I have is bluetooth mouse, but I always turn it off.

Action: I turned off both devices, but still wake up the laptop

3. find out the wakeup timers

powercfg -waketimers

Result: no wakeup timers in the system

4. find out from poweroption -> advanced settings

in Sleep -> allow wakeup timers, the default is on battery: disable , plugged in : important wake timers only

I know that my laptop only wake up while it's on battery as it drains it to almost 0 twice, and this setting is disable

So I am out of clue on what's waking up the laptop.

Can someone help me troubleshot?

Thanks.

Rus T, Jan 14, 2021
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Sleep Wake Timers

Hi Justin,

To change the sleep wake timer, what I can suggest is to check the instructions provided on this
    link.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Laptop wakes itself from sleep after 3 hs - ACPI Wakeup Timer

Sleep Wake Timers

Hello To all, i have a Tesco connect 10 Windows 10 Tablet, and i am using it for a clock in system, The issue i am currently having, is that at night i need it to sleep, which i have set a 4 hour idle time, then sleep, and that works perfectly, however
    i have a task that is scheduled to wake the tablet, then reboot the computer, to auto launch my system. however this just will not happen, i have enables sleep wake timers in the power options and i bios, however still it will not wake up, any help would be
    greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Justin

JustinCatlett, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Laptop wakes itself from sleep after 3 hs - ACPI Wakeup Timer

1. Laptop wakes itself from sleep after 3 hs - ACPI Wakeup Timer - Similar Threads - Laptop wakes itself

2. Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep: Recently my desktop has been waking itself from sleep from time to time, and yesterday night it started, rgb fans and all, right in front of my face at 1am. I have tried many things to fix it, including disabling wake timers in advanced power settings, disabling wake for...
  3. Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep: Recently my desktop has been waking itself from sleep from time to time, and yesterday night it started, rgb fans and all, right in front of my face at 1am. I have tried many things to fix it, including disabling wake timers in advanced power settings, disabling wake for...
  4. Laptop monitor not working after wakeup from sleep

Laptop monitor not working after wakeup from sleep: Hi, I have an Asus g14 with the latest windows 10 64. my laptop monitor won't work sometimes 3 times a week after sleep. Also if I keep the lid open for few minutes when this error happens my laptop starts to getting heat up. I updated all the graphic drivers but still the...
  5. Laptop restarts itself when waking from sleep or clicking for sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts itself when waking from sleep or clicking for sleep mode: My Lenovo Legion 5 laptop restarts itself when I try to wake it from sleep. It doesn't happen every time. But it is really annoying. I updated my all drivers including bios, nothing helped. Fast startup also did not solve my problem. [ATTACH]...
  6. ACPI wakeup timer wakes laptop 3hs after sleep

ACPI wakeup timer wakes laptop 3hs after sleep: Hi I've seen this posted several times and no solutions given so I don't have much hope. My Gigabyte AERO 15 laptop wakes itself up automatically 3 hs after I set it to sleep. I noticed it woke up but I only noticed the 3hs period after running the "powercfg /SLEEPSTUDY"...
  7. Laptop wakes itself up from sleep

Laptop wakes itself up from sleep: Hi, After putting my Dell XPS 13 9370 in sleep mode by closing the lid, it wakes up on its own after a random period of time from minutes to hours. I've taken a look at the event viewer and the culprit always seems to be a sequence of 3 events: Event 1 Log Name:...
  8. Laptop keeps waking up from sleep by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keeps waking up from sleep by itself: After the latest update (1909 I think), my laptop keeps waking itself up from sleep and won’t go back to sleep. It does this no matter if I manually click sleep or shut the lid. Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this? I have an MSI GS65 if that matters. submitted by...
  9. Windows 10 Not Sleeping After Wake Timer

Windows 10 Not Sleeping After Wake Timer: Greetings all! I've been trying to remedy this issue I've had with Windows 10 since instillation about a year and a half ago. I'm running Windows 10 Education (Version 1903) on a single user home computer. I notice quite often in the morning that the system is powered on,...
  10. Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself: Hi Guys, Please help me a little, I think I'm losing my mind. I have an Asus Ultrabook, UX302L. It came with windows 8 from the factory, I upgraded it to windows 10, all nice and wonderful. About a month ago, I replaced my HDD with an Samsung 850 Evo SSD and I installed...