Windows 10: Laptop wakes itself up from sleep

Discus and support Laptop wakes itself up from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, After putting my Dell XPS 13 9370 in sleep mode by closing the lid, it wakes up on its own after a random period of time from minutes to hours.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by shakozzz, Jun 20, 2020.

1. shakozzz Win User

Laptop wakes itself up from sleep

Hi,

After putting my Dell XPS 13 9370 in sleep mode by closing the lid, it wakes up on its own after a random period of time from minutes to hours.

I've taken a look at the event viewer and the culprit always seems to be a sequence of 3 events:

Event 1

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date: 6/19/2020 9:37:01 PM

Event ID: 507

Task Category: 158

Level: Information

Keywords: 1024,512,4

User: SYSTEM

Computer: DESKTOP-030E6S8

Description:

The system is exiting connected standby

Reason: 50.

Event 2

Date: 6/19/2020 9:37:01 PM

Event ID: 506

Task Category: 157

Keywords: 1024,4

Description:

The system is entering connected standby

Reason: 50.

Event 3

Date: 6/19/2020 9:37:02 PM

Event ID: 507

Task Category: 158

Keywords: 1024,512,4

Description:

The system is exiting connected standby

Reason: Input Keyboard.

For the sake of completeness, I have a Bluetooth keyboard connected, which I always turn off, however, before I put the computer to sleep. I also have a USB hub attached with an HDMI monitor and Ethernet cable connected to it.

:)

shakozzz, Jun 20, 2020
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Laptop wakes itself up from sleep [​IMG]

Chadi, Jun 20, 2020
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Laptop wakes itself up from sleep

Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• 4. Test waking from Sleep with the monitor connected to the laptop.
    • 5. Disconnect the monitor from the laptop, reboot, then test waking from Sleep without an external monitor.

No luck with monitor connected. Disconnected the monitor, rebooted, then tested wake-from-sleep with no external monitor - no luck.

eljaycanuck, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Laptop wakes itself up from sleep

1. Laptop wakes itself up from sleep - Similar Threads - Laptop wakes itself

2. Laptop can't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop can't wake up from sleep: Hi, I'm currently using Windows 10 and have declined the upgrade to Windows 11 several times. Last night I put my laptop to Sleep and it was updated again and again I declined. I stepped away from my laptop for a few hours. When I got back, I tapped Enter as usual. I got to...
  3. HP Laptop not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Laptop not waking up from sleep: My HP laptop model is 15g-br106tx. My laptop goes to sleep but does not wake up from sleep. I've searched various articles and tried few solutions. But the problem still persists. The first solution is to enable the device keyboard or touchpad to enable it to wake the...
  4. Laptop won't wake up from sleep

Laptop won't wake up from sleep: Hi Everyone, I use a HP Pavilion HP-cc-134TX When laptop is connected to power-cord and left idly for certain amount of time, Laptop doesn't wake up from sleep mode. I have to manually hard-restart the system. I tried: 1. ' powercfg -h off ' but this did not help 2....
  5. Laptop keeps waking up from sleep by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keeps waking up from sleep by itself: After the latest update (1909 I think), my laptop keeps waking itself up from sleep and won’t go back to sleep. It does this no matter if I manually click sleep or shut the lid. Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this? I have an MSI GS65 if that matters. submitted by...
  6. Laptop waking up from sleep

Laptop waking up from sleep: I'm using windows 10 pro on a gigabyte aero-15-x9. I checked whether there are any active wake timers in cmd using powercfg -waketimers and it says there are no active wake timers, and I also disabled wake timers in the power config. However, my laptop still turns on while...
  7. PC waking up by itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC waking up by itself from sleep: Since installing the 1903 update (running W10 Pro), I've noticed on several occasions that my PC has turned itself on from sleep... I've done some investigating and found the following is waking up the PC: [img] What is "Universal Orchestrator Idle Start" exactly and...
  8. Win10/pc wakes up from sleep by itself (is this normal?)

Win10/pc wakes up from sleep by itself (is this normal?): When my PC goes into sleep mode, I noticed that my pc (using Windows10) wakes up by itself intermittently and goes to my login screen or window that shows my time/date/weather. This only happens when I'm connected to the internet. Could it be programs trying to auto...
  9. Windows 10 wakes up from sleep all by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 wakes up from sleep all by itself: Hello, Since a few weeks ago, I have noticed that my Windows 10 64-bit machine wakes up from sleep/hibernation automatically without my intervention. I should mention that I have never had this issue before and that I have not changed the hardware. Running "powercfg...
  10. Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself: Hi Guys, Please help me a little, I think I'm losing my mind. I have an Asus Ultrabook, UX302L. It came with windows 8 from the factory, I upgraded it to windows 10, all nice and wonderful. About a month ago, I replaced my HDD with an Samsung 850 Evo SSD and I installed...