Windows 10: Laptop wakes up (seemingly) without input.

Discus and support Laptop wakes up (seemingly) without input. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Without touching anything, my laptop can wake itself up. to make things worse it sometimes wakes when it's closed which wastes power when I'm sleeping.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ACCA919, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Laptop wakes up (seemingly) without input.

Without touching anything, my laptop can wake itself up. to make things worse it sometimes wakes when it's closed which wastes power when I'm sleeping. I uses the sleep button to put it to sleep.

submitted by /u/ACCA919
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ACCA919, Apr 14, 2021
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Chadi Win User
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Laptop wakes up (seemingly) without input. [​IMG]

Chadi, Apr 14, 2021
  4. John Vil Win User

Laptop wakes up (seemingly) without input.

Laptop does not wake from sleep

We appreciate your response. Since the troubleshooting steps above hasn't resolved your concern, what we suggest next is check the settings of your mouse and keyboard on the Control Panel. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Start Menu and open Device Manager.
    • Locate Keyboard and Mice and other Pointing devices. Double click to expand the same.
    • Right click on the drivers mentioned under the two respective devices and select
      Properties.
    • Click on the Power Management tab and check the box
      Allow this device to wake this PC.
    • Click on Apply and then OK. Reboot the PC and check.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Laptop wakes up (seemingly) without input.

1. Laptop wakes up (seemingly) without input. - Similar Threads - Laptop wakes seemingly

2. Windows wakes up HDDs without reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows wakes up HDDs without reason: Hello, I am using a normal Computer Lenovo V530s with Windows 10 as a server in my home network. The power plan is set to power off unused HDD's after short time for power saving.They really should only spin up if someone uses something from them. However Windows does spin up...
  3. Windows wakes up HDDs without reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wakes up HDDs without reason: Hello, I am using a normal Computer Lenovo V530s with Windows 10 as a server in my home network. The power plan is set to power off unused HDD's after short time for power saving.They really should only spin up if someone uses something from them. However Windows does spin up...
  4. Windows wakes up HDDs without reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Waking up my laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Waking up my laptops: Hello,When I go to Device Manager > USB port and try to turn on the ability for my wireless mouse/keyboard to turn on the laptop, this option is grayed out and unavailable. Is this a security issue? It's a pain to have to open the laptop and turn it on each time rather than...
  6. Waking up my laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Waking up my laptops: Hello,When I go to Device Manager > USB port and try to turn on the ability for my wireless mouse/keyboard to turn on the laptop, this option is grayed out and unavailable. Is this a security issue? It's a pain to have to open the laptop and turn it on each time rather than...
  7. Wake up laptop with mouse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake up laptop with mouse: Im using a HP Zbook laptop and a logitech MX master 3 mouse, I cannot get the mouse to waken the laptop, anyone offer any help please? 183555
  8. Wake up laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake up laptop: Hi all, I have a Xiaomi mi Notebook pro (i7/16gb) and I was wondering if i could turn on the laptop (with a closed lit) by plugging in a usb c hub. I am trying to do it by using WOL (wake up on lan) but I just want to power it on by plugging it in and without using another...
  9. Asus Laptop Wakes Without Input, Says "Power Button" Cause Of Wake

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus Laptop Wakes Without Input, Says "Power Button" Cause Of Wake: My new Asus K571GT wakes from sleep without being told, even with the lid open. Sometimes within minutes, sometimes within hours. I've had it for less than a month, and this issue has been occurring for at least two weeks. I have no peripherals plugged in. My computer is not...
  10. Computer wakes up seemingly for no reason

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up seemingly for no reason: It's not updating, the mouse and keyboard are off, so why is it waking up? 140067