Windows 10: Laptop wakes up when it wants

Discus and support Laptop wakes up when it wants in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I get my laptop to sleep every night but then, in the morning, I find it is not in the sleep mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PilucaF F, Mar 20, 2020.

1. PilucaF F Win User

Laptop wakes up when it wants

I get my laptop to sleep every night but then, in the morning, I find it is not in the sleep mode

:)

PilucaF F, Mar 20, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Chadi Win User
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Laptop wakes up when it wants [​IMG]

Chadi, Mar 20, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Laptop does not wake from sleep

We appreciate your response. Since the troubleshooting steps above hasn't resolved your concern, what we suggest next is check the settings of your mouse and keyboard on the Control Panel. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the Start Menu and open Device Manager.
    • Locate Keyboard and Mice and other Pointing devices. Double click to expand the same.
    • Right click on the drivers mentioned under the two respective devices and select
      Properties.
    • Click on the Power Management tab and check the box
      Allow this device to wake this PC.
    • Click on Apply and then OK. Reboot the PC and check.

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop wakes up when it wants - Similar Threads - Laptop wakes wants

2. Laptop wakes up when wake timers are set to OFF

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop wakes up when wake timers are set to OFF: When I put my computer on sleep mode, every maybe 2-3 hours, it wakes up on the lock screen, and it just sleeps again after a few minutes which is the Windows automatically sleeping after certain amount of time.Why does this happen even if the wake timers are set to off?...
  3. Laptop wakes up when wake timers are set to OFF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop wakes up when wake timers are set to OFF: When I put my computer on sleep mode, every maybe 2-3 hours, it wakes up on the lock screen, and it just sleeps again after a few minutes which is the Windows automatically sleeping after certain amount of time.Why does this happen even if the wake timers are set to off?...
  4. Laptop wakes up when wake timers are set to OFF

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to wake up my laptop when it's closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to wake up my laptop when it's closed?: I closed my laptop and connected it to a monitor. I set that when it's not connected to power, it will go to sleep in 1 minute. And it goes to sleep as setting.It turns out that I cannot wake it when the laptop is closed. Why and how can I make it possible? For your...
  6. BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep: I am currently using a DELL laptop. When I try to wake up my laptop, it takes up around 10 seconds to display the lock screen. However, sometimes the laptop would just crash, leaving a blue screen with this stop code behind: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Here is a link to my...
  7. BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when waking up laptop from sleep: I am currently using a DELL laptop. When I try to wake up my laptop, it takes up around 10 seconds to display the lock screen. However, sometimes the laptop would just crash, leaving a blue screen with this stop code behind: WIN32K_POWER_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. Here is a link to my...
  8. Wake up laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake up laptop: Hi all, I have a Xiaomi mi Notebook pro (i7/16gb) and I was wondering if i could turn on the laptop (with a closed lit) by plugging in a usb c hub. I am trying to do it by using WOL (wake up on lan) but I just want to power it on by plugging it in and without using another...
  9. BSOD when laptop wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when laptop wakes up from sleep: I've bought a new laptop (Lenovo S540 (AMD)) recently, but encountered a BSOD of the following bug code [ATTACH] And this is the windows version [ATTACH] And dump file LAPTOP-JAMAEQ11-(2020-11-20_18-51-56).zip - Google Drive Any help would be greatly appreciated,...
  10. Problems with computer waking up when I don't want it to

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with computer waking up when I don't want it to: Greetings--I'm hoping someone here can help me with three possibly related problems with my Windows 10 laptop. The problems: (1) my computer wakes itself up randomly despite my best efforts at telling it not to let ANYTHING but the keyboard or power button wake it up (2)...