Windows 10: Laptop wants me to set up a fingerprint/pin. Every. Time. I. Log. In.

Discus and support Laptop wants me to set up a fingerprint/pin. Every. Time. I. Log. In. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I want it to stop. I want to log in as I have been without having to click past the blue screen fingerprint prompts. Every. Single. Time. I.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by whitepawn_23, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Laptop wants me to set up a fingerprint/pin. Every. Time. I. Log. In.

I want it to stop. I want to log in as I have been without having to click past the blue screen fingerprint prompts.

Every.

Single.

Time.

I.

Log.

In.

It's fudging annoying and I've disabled the bits other advice has said to disable and it's still happening. How do I bypass this manipulation and log in with a password as I have been doing up until a couple days ago. Thanks in advance.

:)

whitepawn_23, Dec 25, 2018

2. Is there a way to set Windows 10 Pro login to fingerprint by default instead of having to choose between fingerprint, PIN or password each time I log in?

Is there a way to set Windows 10 Pro login to fingerprint by default instead of having to choose between fingerprint, PIN or password each time I log in?

CabanaChives, Dec 25, 2018
  3. tazgal Win User
    Fingerprint scanner not working on my laptop after changing to windows

My fingerprint scanner/login was working until recently and I am not sure how to fix it. I upgraded to windows 10 on my laptop from windows 8 and then the scanner stopped working. When i go the settings/sign-in options the ability to set-up the fingerprint icon is there, however after i click on set-up and get started I don't get the screen option to input my pin. I have already set-up a pin which i use to log onto my computer. I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this issue. I have attached screen-shots of the three steps.

tazgal, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Aspen93 Win User

Laptop wants me to set up a fingerprint/pin. Every. Time. I. Log. In.

PIN and FingerPrint not working

XPS 15 user having the same problem as those above (fingerprint and PIN not working). Windows Hello was working fine, but a recent update seems to have caused an issue with PIN registration and devices that have the fingerprint scanner. My windows desktop
    has no issues logging in with the PIN, only the XPS 15 laptop.

Hopefully Microsoft can come up with a fix for this soon.

Aspen93, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Laptop wants me to set up a fingerprint/pin. Every. Time. I. Log. In.

1. Laptop wants me to set up a fingerprint/pin. Every. Time. I. Log. In. - Similar Threads - Laptop wants set

2. I want to be able to log in on Windows Hello with a fingerprint instead of a pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to be able to log in on Windows Hello with a fingerprint instead of a pin.: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 and Windows 11I have set up Fingerprint Recognition Windows Hello, for multiple fingers, but Windows Hello it is still requiring pin. When I go to Account - Windows Hello - Pin Windows Hello - Remove this sign in option, the remove button is...
  3. Set up pin not logged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set up pin not logged in: I am having issues signing into my desktop. It says set up pin and it won't do anything when I click it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-up-pin-not-logged-in/d0253684-9903-463f-bcca-27251a21f678
  4. Want to automatically log in every time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Want to automatically log in every time: I don't want to type my password every time my pc shuts off.I know there is something, which can be found using a command on 'run',that uses microsoft username and password to automatically log in everytime. But I forgot what that is. Can someone tell me what that is?...
  5. pin and fingerprint log in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pin and fingerprint log in: I keep having to setup my fingerprint and pin. At first it says I need a pin because it can't use my fingerprint due to a change in security settings. Then it says I can't use the pin. I have reset these things repeatedly. Here is the message: "Your PIN is no...
  6. regarding fingerprint and pin set up

regarding fingerprint and pin set up: I reset my laptop before 5 days to solv some software problem. I called to the dell support and they did this and reset my laptop and now I am trying to set my pin and finger print ,I am unable to set it. what should I do, I tried a lot ....
  7. How do I stop Windows Hello prompting me to set up a pin every time I log on

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Windows Hello prompting me to set up a pin every time I log on: Every time I log on, Windows is showing an annoying blue screen asking me to set up a pin, which I don't want to do. I have to click through to set it up and then click cancel. I have tried going into settings and disabling. I have also been into Windows Defender and...
  8. Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help

Windows 10 asks me to set up pin every time i log on, please help: every time i log on windows tries to set up pin, but i don't want pin! any help would be appreciated. thanks, ~Matt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-10-asks-me-to-set-up-pin-every-time-i-log/e1fe6901-0fe1-40d1-a990-5460f7ba6f23"
  9. Windows 1803 wants me to set up a PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 1803 wants me to set up a PIN: Every time I log on I am redirected to a page that asks me to set up a PIN. There is no option to refuse, only a "remind me later" button. I don't want to set up a pin. I can remember my password very well thankyou. It is very annoying that logging on is delayed every time by...
  10. pin log in makes me do it twice every time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    pin log in makes me do it twice every time: when logging in i have to enter the pin number twice the first time says to restart the comp the second time takes all help greatly appreciated 66166