Windows 10: Laptop was shut off during an update

Discus and support Laptop was shut off during an update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, My laptop was accidently shut off during an update and it seems to have caused some significant damage. Im not too tech-saavy so please be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZachBauer1, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Laptop was shut off during an update

Hello all,

My laptop was accidently shut off during an update and it seems to have caused some significant damage. Im not too tech-saavy so please be patient with my attempts to explain what I have done to attempt to fix the issue.

-Wont allow me to reset/restore PC

-Wont allow me to access Safe Mode

-Wont allow me to reset/resrore PC from Command Prompt

-Wont allow me to access USB to boot from there

-I have Windows10 on a USB and cant access it in any way

-StartUp Repair Options wont work

-Startup settings options 4,5,7,8 wont work

I dont mind erasing the whole laptop.

All videos and options ive attempted have redirected me back to not being able to repair PC error messeges.

Thank you so much in advance

:)

ZachBauer1, Apr 25, 2020

2. Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Apr 25, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Laptop was shut off during an update

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Laptop was shut off during an update

1. Laptop was shut off during an update - Similar Threads - Laptop was shut

2. Laptop shut off during factory reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shut off during factory reset.: Laptop shut off during factory reset now it's stuck on windows blue screen and can't log in as administrator. Stuck on reboot loop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shut-off-during-factory-reset/4f88b90b-9297-40cb-bad7-de009165332d
  3. Laptop shut off during factory reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop shut off during factory reset.: Laptop shut off during factory reset now it's stuck on windows blue screen and can't log in as administrator. Stuck on reboot loop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shut-off-during-factory-reset/4f88b90b-9297-40cb-bad7-de009165332d
  4. Laptop shut off during factory reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Computer Shuts Off During Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Shuts Off During Sleep: Hello, Recently within the past week or so, my computer started to shut off from both sleep mode/hibernate after a period of time. I am using latest Windows 10 build, updated graphics drivers. To further elaborate, when I try to put the computer into sleep, the displays turn...
  6. Laptop shuts down during update

Laptop shuts down during update: My mom's laptop started an automatic update. It got to 17% then shut down and never restarted. I forced a restart and it started the update at 8%. It might get 1% further, then shuts down again. When we turn it back on it's trying to do the update, so can't do anything else....
  7. Shutting down laptop during Update installation?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Shutting down laptop during Update installation?: I dont mean when the part of the update installation is right after a shutdown or a restart when your notified Configuring Windows Updates -Do Not Shutdown your PC message. I am referring to any updates that are installing from the Windows Update settings control panel....
  8. Laptop Shut Down During Update

Laptop Shut Down During Update: I was running the latest update for Windows 10 but didnt realise my laptop Dell Inspiron 55-5578 wasn't plugged in. Last I checked, the update got to around 30% before the laptop died. I tried turning it back on a few times, but only got to the automatic repair page. From...
  9. Laptop turned off during an update

Laptop turned off during an update: My laptop turned off during a windows 10 update and now every time i try to turn it on, it tells me that it is reverting the changes and restarts again. It has been in a loop like this forever now, is there a way to fix this?...
  10. Laptop Shuts Straight Off During Windows 10 Upgrade

Laptop Shuts Straight Off During Windows 10 Upgrade: Hey Guys, i have a lenovo e425 laptop that recently received the windows 10 upgrade from microsoft. i am currently running windows 8.1 Pro and when i started the upgrade to windows 10, everytime it reaches the 30% part where it finishes the copying files part, and it...