Windows 10: Laptop was stolen, how do I remove acces to my Microsoft account?

Discus and support Laptop was stolen, how do I remove acces to my Microsoft account? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As the title says, my old laptop was stolen how do I remove access to my Microsoft account form it? 46562 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by possom2009, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Laptop was stolen, how do I remove acces to my Microsoft account?

As the title says, my old laptop was stolen how do I remove access to my Microsoft account form it?

:)

possom2009, Apr 7, 2016
  2. LukaMrki Win User

Lumnia 950 XL contacts problems

Hello,

got her yesterday, since than i was on android and there problem starts.

First i created microsoft acc on laptop and then add that acc as my main on the phone.

None of my mails were synced, none of contacts (gmail), so i have connected google to microsoft acc (outlook) and then i tried.

Result : none.

So i checked microsoft acc for my devices and only laptop was there and since on windows phone u can
    not unlink from microsoft acc (??????) i reset device to factory settings.

After that first i tried was login again to microsoft acc and now it ok, in devices i have laptop & phone. Next move was to connect my contacts to phone, but since i have logged with acc who have outlook linked , outlook acc was there.

BUT only mails are synced ,not contacts. When i go to manage acc only emails is option. how do **** i will sync all contacts from outlook acc (people)?

Please help

LukaMrki, Apr 7, 2016
  3. hffrank Win User
    my phone was stolen. how do i find it?

oh well its cool. the person they probably sold it to posted her pictures on my facebook page so the police still have some kind of lead.

danke,
    henry

hffrank, Apr 7, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Laptop was stolen, how do I remove acces to my Microsoft account?

You can't remove your Microsoft data from the Notebook/Laptop if you don't have physical possession of it but if you can access your Microsoft account from another computer you can change the password which should prevent anyone else using it.

Berton, Apr 7, 2016
  5. PJLLB Win User
    Sign into your Microsoft account. There should be a "devices" tab towards the right. Open that tab and remove the device from the list. Also, change your Microsoft account password as recomended.

PJLLB, Apr 7, 2016
  6. mrgeek Win User
    Sign in to account.live.com. If your device is listed like in screenshot 1, click 'See all'. On the next screen, if you've activated 'Locate device' you'll see it's location if it was signed in. The Remove laptop' option is highlighted. Good Luck.

Attachment 73672
    Laptop was stolen, how do I remove acces to my Microsoft account? [​IMG]

Laptop was stolen, how do I remove acces to my Microsoft account? [​IMG]

mrgeek, Apr 7, 2016
  7. It was also listed under devices > Apps and game devices..
    Whoever stole it renamed the laptop to gingersnaps...
    I remove this one too right?

Also, I had the laptop to automatically login to the desktop instead of constantly putting in a password. I changed that on my tablet pc to always ask for a password and changed my password too. That would help right?

possom2009, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Laptop was stolen, how do I remove acces to my Microsoft account?

1. Laptop was stolen, how do I remove acces to my Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - Laptop was stolen

2. How to Remove Stolen Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Remove Stolen Account: My main Microsoft account was hacked and stolen and I have been unable to get it back. at this point I have given up on trying to reclaim it and would rather just move on with a new account it only had sea of thieves on it and I haven't played in years. now I can't seem to...
  3. How to Remove Stolen Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove Stolen Account: My main Microsoft account was hacked and stolen and I have been unable to get it back. at this point I have given up on trying to reclaim it and would rather just move on with a new account it only had sea of thieves on it and I haven't played in years. now I can't seem to...
  4. How to Remove Stolen Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I remove my windows 11 account completely because my laptop has been stolen .how do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove my windows 11 account completely because my laptop has been stolen .how do...: My laptop Has been stolen so how do I remotely remove my windows 11 from it? And my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-my-windows-11-account-completely/98a49cb7-e4c3-4ae4-b3ec-d65b00e698a7
  6. How do I remove my windows 11 account completely because my laptop has been stolen .how do...

How do I remove my windows 11 account completely because my laptop has been stolen .how do...: My laptop Has been stolen so how do I remotely remove my windows 11 from it? And my Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-my-windows-11-account-completely/98a49cb7-e4c3-4ae4-b3ec-d65b00e698a7
  7. How do I track my stolen laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I track my stolen laptop: My laptop was stolen yesterday afternoon....how do I track it*Moved from Office Insider forum. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-track-my-stolen-laptop/bd963c1a-98be-4f0a-9f6c-74250bc8e340
  8. How do I track my stolen laptop

How do I track my stolen laptop: My laptop was stolen yesterday afternoon....how do I track it*Moved from Office Insider forum. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-track-my-stolen-laptop/bd963c1a-98be-4f0a-9f6c-74250bc8e340
  9. How do I remove my microsoft email/account from a laptop?

How do I remove my microsoft email/account from a laptop?: Hello. I was trying to reset my partner's laptop and now it has my email/microsoft account as the administrator and signin credentials, etc. I was wondering how to remove/change that? Every time they try to change their background, etc. it changes mine on my desktop and vice...
  10. How do I remove my microsoft email/account from a laptop?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I remove my microsoft email/account from a laptop?: Hello. I was trying to reset my partner's laptop and now it has my email/microsoft account as the administrator and signin credentials, etc. I was wondering how to remove/change that? Every time they try to change their background, etc. it changes mine on my desktop and vice...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove device from microsoft account after stolen