Windows 10: Laptop webcam looks foggy/blurry.

Discus and support Laptop webcam looks foggy/blurry. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! Matei here,back with a new issue.So,2 weeks ago,my webcam was looking foggy.I fixed the issue,but today,my webcam looks blurry again! I use an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matei Văduva, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Laptop webcam looks foggy/blurry.

Hello! Matei here,back with a new issue.So,2 weeks ago,my webcam was looking foggy.I fixed the issue,but today,my webcam looks blurry again! I use an Asus VivoBook X505ZA with a built-in webcam,and i use this laptop for school usually. The webcam is #1 priority for school. Can you help me? Thanks!

:)

Matei Văduva, Apr 6, 2021
  2. WiIfred P Win User

install webcam on msi laptop

Hi 1papertiger,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about installing webcam on MSI laptops.

Most laptops have a built-in webcam on it, If it's not working, there's a problem with the driver or settings of it.

Step1: I request you to check for Hidden Devices in Device Manager. Please refer to these steps:

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

b. Click on View and select Show Hidden Devices.

c. Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.

d. If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select Update Driver Software.

e. Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.

Step 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter and check if you receive any error messages.

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.

b. Click on it and click on Hardware and Sound.

c. Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the prompted steps.

If the laptop doesn't have a built-in webcam on it, you would need to purchase an external webcam, plug it on your laptop and driver will download automatically.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Internal webcam not working ASUS UX430UA Laptop

Hey guys,

So I'm having an issue with my internal webcam on my laptop (Asus UX430UA). Basically whenever I use the windows camera app, skype or any other video service it just shows a black screen, also a white led turns on next to the webcam when using the apps possibly indicating the webcam is on? I tried googling and looking at other forums for months now and seems like no one has a straight answer and/or fix. I tried uninstalling the webcam driver " USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam" and reinstalling and that didn't work, tried looking for an updated driver via Asus driver downloads and there isn't one listed for my model and also made sure all Windows 10 privacy settings are not blocking the webcam from working and that still didn't work. Hopefully someone has a suggestion that I haven't tried yet, here are the details of the driver; Version: 10.0.18362.693, Date: 6/21/2006.

Thanks in advance!

AustBart22, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Laptop webcam looks foggy/blurry.

1. Laptop webcam looks foggy/blurry. - Similar Threads - Laptop webcam looks

2. Windows 11 looks blurry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 looks blurry: Hey i just upgraded from windows 10 to 11, and now my browser opera looks blurry, everything else looks fine, both text and also videos looks extremly blurry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-looks-blurry/6b4e3689-ea94-45a7-aeb4-702c4df7804a
  3. Windows 11 looks blurry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 looks blurry: Hey i just upgraded from windows 10 to 11, and now my browser opera looks blurry, everything else looks fine, both text and also videos looks extremly blurry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-looks-blurry/6b4e3689-ea94-45a7-aeb4-702c4df7804a
  4. External monitor connected to laptop looks blurry and gritty.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor connected to laptop looks blurry and gritty.: Hello, I’ve been experiencing bad quality on my external gaming monitor. In general, the text on the monitor looks blurry, when I play games such as ‘Overwatch’ the game looks blurry and gritty, and it’s hard to see player models. The monitor isn’t clear it’s very weird...
  5. External monitor connected to laptop looks blurry and gritty.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor connected to laptop looks blurry and gritty.: Hello, I’ve been experiencing bad quality on my external gaming monitor. In general, the text on the monitor looks blurry, when I play games such as ‘Overwatch’ the game looks blurry and gritty, and it’s hard to see player models. The monitor isn’t clear it’s very weird...
  6. Windows 10 - Camera and WebCam blurry

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Camera and WebCam blurry: My webcam on all apps and browsers is blurry. I thought it could be the webcam, and I put an external camera, it was also blurry. Attempts: - I tried to update all the drivers that were pending, including the camera; - I tried to uninstall the camera and reinstall again....
  7. Font looks blurry on some programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Font looks blurry on some programs: Hey guys, i'm having a problem... I've updated my OS last week from Windows 8.1 to 10, and from that moment, the font looks blurry on some programs. It's not cleartype, as I've already checked that and it looks as it should on some other places. I'm attaching a picture...
  8. Certain programs look muddy, blurry.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain programs look muddy, blurry.: Hi there. So I've come across an issue that I've had for a while, but recently has become more prevalent. Some programs after a while start to look super muddy see in the attached image. currently it's mostly happening to the program called atom, and I have had it with...
  9. External monitor screen looks blurry

in Windows 10 Customization
    External monitor screen looks blurry: My external screen with resolution 1920x1080 is working worse than my laptop screen. It is set to the highest level but the screen looks blurry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitor-screen-looks-blurry/6865c267-fc4a-4db6-8e62-b1003a3ba6d7
  10. Some applications look blurry

in Windows 10 Support
    Some applications look blurry: how can I solve that? before windows 10 those applications looked nicer than now 17752