Windows 10: Laptop Whizzing When Plugged In When (Battery) Power Mode is set to Best Performance

Discus and support Laptop Whizzing When Plugged In When (Battery) Power Mode is set to Best Performance in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, So with the last Windows 10 Update (Version 1803) (Probably with the last update) on my Asus ROG G752VT laptop ( bought roughly a year ago ) the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Leon_468, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Leon_468 Win User

Laptop Whizzing When Plugged In When (Battery) Power Mode is set to Best Performance

Hi,

So with the last Windows 10 Update (Version 1803) (Probably with the last update) on my Asus ROG G752VT laptop ( bought roughly a year ago ) the following occurs*:

*( For all of the following, my Maximum Processor State is set to 99%, Because else the CPU Reaches 90+ Degrees on Hot Summer Days )

When I plug my laptop in without changing any of the Default settings, its very very quiet.

When however, I change the (windows) battery power mode to Best Performance, I start getting a whizzing/buzzing noise, coming either from the power inlet on the PC or the Battery ( I can't be sure, its very hard to say ).

Upon setting the power mode to Better Performance the Noise Stops. On the Best Battery Life settings, there's nothing either.

Just thought I just report this. It might be a problem with my PC, however I thought I should post this anyway, should someone else be having the same issue.

Laptop Whizzing When Plugged In When (Battery) Power Mode is set to Best Performance da5679ba-f668-47e1-b4a8-e4073ce5d5d7?upload=true.png

:)

Leon_468, Sep 5, 2018
  2. JustinVN Win User

How to automatically change power modes when plugged in and on battery?

I'm looking for something which is pretty simple, yet I've spent the last couple of days searching forums and settings with no success.

Here is what I want: When my laptop is plugged in, I want Windows to recognize that it is plugged in and automatically activate the Best Performance power mode. When I unplug my laptop, I want Windows to recognize that it is on battery power and automatically
    activate the Balanced power mode.

Please tell me that there is a way to do this.

So far, the best workaround I have found is to go into the advanced settings for a certain power mode where I can change things like desktop background slide show (paused/available), wireless adapter power saving mode (max power saving, medium, low, max
    performance) etc. and manually change all of the settings to match what they would be for Best Performance and Balanced. This seems like a very tedious exercise and I'm not even sure I'll catch all of the various behind-the-scenes changes of the different
    power modes.

I know that I could easily change power modes manually when I plug in/unplug my laptop, but there are many things that we could easily do manually throughout the day but we take advantage of the option to automate. I've forgotten to change my settings to
    Balanced on more than one occasion when getting to work without a charger and I've found myself running out of battery faster than I'd like.

I appreciate any help on the matter.

Thanks!

**Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures **

JustinVN, Sep 5, 2018
  3. windows 10 battery plugged in not charging (acer v11 touch)

Hello,

We appreciate that you already performed troubleshooting. On the other hand, we will be providing steps that seems to be the same with what you have done but with tweaks.

If ever you encounter case wherein the laptop is plugged in but is not charging, we suggest that you try the following:

• Disconnect the laptop’s power cable from the outlet/power source and laptop.
    • Turn off the laptop.
    • Remove the battery.
    • Reconnect the laptop’s power cable to the laptop then to the outlet/power source.
    • Power on the laptop.
    • Uninstall device of Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Turn off the laptop and then disconnect the power cable.
    • Insert the battery.
    • Reconnect the power cable.
    • Power on the laptop. Windows would then reinstall driver automatically.

In case that the troubleshooting steps above didn’t help, our next step is update the driver if there is available update. You just have to go back to
    Device Manager > Batteries > Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery > Update Driver Software.

Let me know if this works for you.

JohnMel And, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Laptop Whizzing When Plugged In When (Battery) Power Mode is set to Best Performance

"Battery plugged in, not charging"

Thank you for the response.

For your Lenovo P500 laptop, there are three possible power management software that came pre-loaded with your device:
    Lenovo Energy Management, Lenovo Power Manager, or
    OneKey Optimizer. There should be an icon on your system tray to launch the power management software currently installed in your Windows 10 device.

As an alternative, you can download Lenovo Settings which is available for free from the Windows store and follow these steps:

• Open Lenovo Settings.
    • Select the energy management icon.
    • Set Conservation mode as Off.
    • With AC adapter plugged in, the battery level will keep increasing.

If the suggestion above doesn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop Whizzing When Plugged In When (Battery) Power Mode is set to Best Performance - Similar Threads - Laptop Whizzing Plugged

2. Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in: My laptop has lately met a lot of performance issues related to the battery. It started with the laptop switching between plugged in and on battery when I'm gaming with AC power. After that issue was gone, I expected my laptop to perform smoothly again. But, my laptop chose...
  3. Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop performing at on-battery levels when plugged in: My laptop has lately met a lot of performance issues related to the battery. It started with the laptop switching between plugged in and on battery when I'm gaming with AC power. After that issue was gone, I expected my laptop to perform smoothly again. But, my laptop chose...
  4. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  5. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  6. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Laptop's not switching to "high performance mode" when plugged in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop's not switching to "high performance mode" when plugged in: Before when I used to plug in my laptop, the laptop used to go into "performance mode". This was visible because the screen colors looked more vivid and gave better fps while playing games. But now, after plugging in, the laptop stays in the same state, no color change or...
  8. Laptop's performance drops when on battery mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop's performance drops when on battery mode: I have a Windows 10 Laptop, which is fairly new. My laptop runs smoothly when plugged in, but performance drops noticeably when it is running on battery power. I have set power mode to 'best performance' for battery, and yet there are lags and programs take much longer to...
  9. Save power mode when on battery or plugged in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Save power mode when on battery or plugged in: [ATTACH] Hey guys, Since v1903, unplugging or plugging in my AC adapter does not restore my desired power mode. By default, I would like my laptop to default to Battery Saver power mode when it is not plugged in and Better Performance power mode when it is plugged...
  10. Hight temps in laptop when in "best performance" AND plugged in.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hight temps in laptop when in "best performance" AND plugged in.: Hello, I recently got the Dell G3 (are my specs visible or should I include them?). I am having issues with the temperature. In battery everything works fine, in Best Performance mode the clocks are at ~800MHz when idle or when simple browsing. I have not done anything too...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. power mode plugged in

2. power mode plugged in better battery

3. power mode plugged in recommended battery

4. battery hp battery percent best performance best battery life plugged-in,
  5. power mode plugged in best performance,
  6. power mode plugged in better performance battery shifting,
  7. bios charge in batery mode always pluged in,
  8. laptop power mode when plugged in,
  9. how to remove power mode plugged in,
  10. how to change performance mode on plugged on rog laptops,
  11. windows 10 power mode plugged in best performance,