Windows 10: Laptop wi-fi adapter intermittent disconnect/reconnect: event viewer logs

Discus and support Laptop wi-fi adapter intermittent disconnect/reconnect: event viewer logs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I am looking for some help with a particularly annoying issue I am facing. Intermittently and seemingly at random, my wi-fi turns off,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BawRroccoli, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Laptop wi-fi adapter intermittent disconnect/reconnect: event viewer logs

Hello all, I am looking for some help with a particularly annoying issue I am facing. Intermittently and seemingly at random, my wi-fi turns off, disconnects, turns back on, and reconnects. I notice this happen when watching livestreamed content, for example, and when it disconnects, the Internet Access button in the toolbar shows a globe icon and no networks available rather than

I have uninstalled and reset the network adapter drivers and this did not fix the issue. I've also just conducted a full scan through Windows Defender with no issues identified. I have also set the network adapter to NOT turn off to save power in power management settings though please note, unfortunately my laptop is always plugged in due to battery issues. Scrolling through the Event Viewer, I've noticed a pattern of Administrative Events Warnings and Errors that occur every time the network adapter drops. I've copy pasted these below:

1. Warning; Source: Netwtw04; Message: "6105 - deauth after EAPOL key exchange sequence." Event ID: 6105

2. Warning; Source: DNS Client Events; Message: "Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded." Event ID: 1014.

Please note that the warning in step #2 always logs twice separated by about 3 seconds.

3. Error; Source: Netwtw04; Message: "IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 : The network adapter has returned an invalid value to the driver." Event ID: 5010.

Please note that the warning in step #3 always logs four times separated by 1-2 seconds each.

4. Warning; Source: DNS Client Events; Message: "Name resolution for the name answersstaticfilecdnv2.azureedge.net timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.." Event ID: 1014.

Please note that the link in step #4 is variable in these logs, I assume it depends on what sites are actively being pinged.

I also have a lot of this following warning, though these seem to be more or less at random:

Warning; Source: isaAgent; Message: "1.0.0.532: Connection error: The remote name could not be resolved: 'api.intelsa.intel.com'

Network available: True." Event ID: 1130.

This has been very frustrating to deal with over the past 24 hours. Please advise on the steps that I can take to resolve this issue and thank you very much in advance. I am happy to post additional logs and information on request. Also, I realize I may need to contact Intel about this-- if that is the case, I can do so, but I wanted to start here. Thanks!

:)

BawRroccoli, Feb 18, 2021
  2. Johannes Win User

Printer disconnects from Wi-Fi

Part of an older post 10 Sep 2018 , at the time we were happy that the PC issue was fixed.
    The printer was not the main issue.

The wi-fi connected printer get disconnected from Wi-Fi for no apparent reason.
    Both of our pc's still have the wi-fi connection.
    The only way to re-establish the wi-fi connection to the printer is to disconnect and reconnect the power line.
    Once the connection with printer is re-established, we can repeatedly print again until we stop and the printer sits idle for a night, then the process starts over again.
    I did reinstall the software, but to no avail.
    In the event viewer it states to see trace logging, but I don't know how to find it.

Johannes, Feb 18, 2021
  3. Unable to reconnect to Wi Fi after disconnecting it

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to turn on the Wi Fi, once disconnected. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Did you receive any error message?

• What exactly happens when you try to connect?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise due to change in settings, driver issue or application conflicts.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to disable and enable Wireless network in adapter settings and check if the issue persists.

• Open Network and sharing center.
    • Click on Change Adapter settings.
    • Locate the Wireless adapter.
    Right click Disable it and enable it and check the status.

If you are able to turn on the Wi Fi, it may be due to driver conflicts.

Hence, I suggest you to run network adapter troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Network Troubleshooter.

1. Type Troubleshooting on the search bar and click Troubleshooting under Settings.

2. Now type Network adapter in the search option.

3. Click on Network adapter to run the troubleshooter.

I also suggest you to check if the Airplane mode turns automatically on after the disconnection.

For that, you can check either click on the network icon in the action centre .

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Laptop wi-fi adapter intermittent disconnect/reconnect: event viewer logs

Wi-Fi Network Adapter randomly disconnecting and resetting

I have a Lenovo B50-30 Touch laptop with a Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless Network Adapter.

For about a year, I've had this issue where I'm connected to the Wi-Fi with no issues at all, then suddenly I get disconnected and I don't get reconnected automatically. When I go into the Wi-Fi connections to manually reconnect, it attempts to connect for
    like 5 seconds, the Wi-Fi settings close and reopen, and then I am given the message "Can't connect to network." Sometimes the same thing happens, but instead of the list of available Wi-Fi connections remaining the same, they all disappear and I am Given
    the message "No connections available." Other times, my home Wi-Fi disappears entirely, and at
    other times, all the available Wi-Fi signals' connection strength is reduced to just one bar, including my own. About a month or two ago, I refreshed my computer to get rid of all programs, but I kept all my documents since I had important stuff there.
    The issue still persisted, so I assumed that it was either A) an issue with the router or B) an issue with the computer's hardware, not software.

We recently replaced our router (just yesterday in fact) thinking that the router was the one causing the issue (this had never happened before with any other router other than our previous one). The whole day yesterday, the internet was working perfectly
    up until around 2 a.m., where it disconnected and refused to connect again until I restarted my computer. It happened another 2 or three times, and that's when I realized it was an issue with the computer.

I attempted to reconnect to the Wi-Fi while having the Network Adapter Settings window open to see if there was something I could find out, and I noticed something interesting. Right as the Wi-Fi connections window closed and reopened, I noticed that the
    Wi-Fi adapter blinked from just disconnected, to the icon that is shown when the adapter is disabled, and then back to disconnected. It was as if the Wi-Fi adapter reset by itself in a fraction of a second, and with that, I deduced that the issue was with
    the Wi-Fi adapter card. Now that I have isolated the problem area however, I don't know how to proceed. Is there something I'm not seeing here? Do I order a new Wi-Fi Adapter card? Do I attempt to search for driver updates? And if so, where can I search?

Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

MetalOverlord, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Laptop wi-fi adapter intermittent disconnect/reconnect: event viewer logs

1. Laptop wi-fi adapter intermittent disconnect/reconnect: event viewer logs - Similar Threads - Laptop adapter intermittent

2. Wi-fi adapter keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-fi adapter keeps disconnecting: My laptop's Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapters #1 and #2 keep disconnecting at irregular frequency. I get "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer.", but after a restart or two, it works as it should....
  3. Wi-fi adapter keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-fi adapter keeps disconnecting: My laptop's Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapters #1 and #2 keep disconnecting at irregular frequency. I get "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer.", but after a restart or two, it works as it should....
  4. My Win11 laptop keeps disconnecting from the Wi-Fi intermittently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Win11 laptop keeps disconnecting from the Wi-Fi intermittently.: I got an Acer Aspire 7 laptop recently that uses Windows 11, and the Wi-Fi disconnects where it can't get a signal and I can't use the internet but still says it's connected with full strength, it's usually fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting to WiFi, but this is...
  5. My Win11 laptop keeps disconnecting from the Wi-Fi intermittently.

My Win11 laptop keeps disconnecting from the Wi-Fi intermittently.: I got an Acer Aspire 7 laptop recently that uses Windows 11, and the Wi-Fi disconnects where it can't get a signal and I can't use the internet but still says it's connected with full strength, it's usually fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting to WiFi, but this is...
  6. WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects: sometimes when i was doing something with my laptop it diconnects and reconnect in a second https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnects-and-reconnects/c279d847-c8c4-4c58-ad56-a78b2497fcfe
  7. WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects

WI-FI Disconnects and Reconnects: sometimes when i was doing something with my laptop it diconnects and reconnect in a second https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-disconnects-and-reconnects/c279d847-c8c4-4c58-ad56-a78b2497fcfe
  8. Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: My Wi-fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting again and again and I am not able to watch any streaming services smoothly because of that. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Network drivers manually, I tried unchecking the power management box, I even tried connecting...
  9. Wi-Fi randomly disconnects and doesn't reconnect

Wi-Fi randomly disconnects and doesn't reconnect: While I was on a Zoom meeting, the Wi-Fi send and receive data went down from 512 kbps to just 0. However, it is a Wi-Fi card with only b/g/n supported. The router is compatible to 5 GHz and has a/b/g/n/ac. With full bars of the 2.4 GHz that the network in my computer, it...
  10. wi-fi connection repeatedly disconnects and reconnects

wi-fi connection repeatedly disconnects and reconnects: hi ! the question is in the title ! best regards ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-connection-repeatedly-disconnects-and/04a11209-a950-4c27-9668-2fd4d083b040