Windows 10: Laptop Wi-Fi adapter problem

Discus and support Laptop Wi-Fi adapter problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got an MSI GF63 8RC less than a year ago, and already it's having a bit of an annoying problem. Sometimes, when I boot it up, it takes a long, long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Student678, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Laptop Wi-Fi adapter problem

I got an MSI GF63 8RC less than a year ago, and already it's having a bit of an annoying problem. Sometimes, when I boot it up, it takes a long, long time to start up, nearly several minutes usually it would take less than 30 seconds to start up and when it does finish starting up, the Wi-Fi is completely disabled. No networks or anything show up. All there is is the Aeroplane Mode option. When I looked into it, it turns out that the Wi-Fi adapter is disabled and trying to turn it back on doesn't work. Starting the WLAN Auto Config service doesn't work, so I'm sure it's something else. Whatever it is, I have no choice but to restart my computer, and even that takes a bloody long time.

I get the idea that when booting up, my computer is trying to start something up, but that fails, so it tries again and again, thus causing the long startup. Is there a way to prevent this from happening so I don't have to endure the long startups?

:)

Student678, Jan 25, 2020
  2. Norton Win User

USB Wi-Fi Adapter Disabling

Is it on Windows 8's compatibility list (check MS website- forgot link)?

I had an issue with one Wi-fi adapter and it wasn't listed as compatible- All was well when I swapped it out with one on the compatibility list

Norton, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Wi-Fi virtual adapter

I am unable to create a wi-fi hotspot on my laptop (HP pavillion ab-032tx model) after upgrading to windows 10. I cannot find Microsoft WI-Fi direct Virtual adapter in the listed adapters (control pannel->network sharing center) . However Microsoft Wi-Fi
    direct Virtual adapter and Microsoft Wi-Fi direct Virtual adapter #2 are listed in hidden drivers (device manager-> view tab, faded icons). Upon checking for hardware changes, there are no unkown devices being shown. Microsoft Wi-Fi direct Virtual adapter
    #3 is also found in the view tab , but its icon is not faded. All my drivers are updated. Still i am unable to create a hotspot. Pl help me with the same.

Revati Joshi, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Laptop Wi-Fi adapter problem

Windows 10 Laptop's Wi-Fi Adapter has disappeared

Today, after I restarted my laptop, I checked the Wi-Fi on my laptop and saw a message saying "Not Connected - No connections are available" where the Wi-Fi symbol would be. This can't be because the Wi-Fi is down, because as of this writing, other members
    of my household are using it with no issues. I opened the Network and Sharing Center and then went to "Change adapter settings" to see if my Wi-Fi Adapter was disabled only to find that no such adapter exists on that page, only the Ethernet adapter. When I
    let Windows troubleshoot the issue, it suggests only that I should plug in an Ethernet cable, with no mention of Wi-Fi.

My laptop has, before today, sometimes lost the Wi-Fi Adapter, but it always came back after a restart. Now, three restarts later, it's not working.

Philipe Mendes, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Wi-Fi adapter problem

1. Laptop Wi-Fi adapter problem - Similar Threads - Laptop adapter problem

2. Wi-Fi Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Adapter: My laptop will no longer connect to the Wi-Fi. The network adapter says it is enabled but is not connected. I have tried device manager to uninstall and reinstall the network adapter. However that does not work. My question is how do I get it connected even though it says...
  3. Wi-Fi Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi Adapter: My laptop will no longer connect to the Wi-Fi. The network adapter says it is enabled but is not connected. I have tried device manager to uninstall and reinstall the network adapter. However that does not work. My question is how do I get it connected even though it says...
  4. Problem with Wi-Fi Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Wi-Fi Adapter: hello, i have some problem with Wi-fi Adapter. Sometimes this Wi-Fi disconnected and then cant connecting again. So im going to Reset Network and then i can connect again, but sometimes its not work for me. Please help meIm use Win 11, Antivirus : Windows Defender, And Laptop...
  5. Problem with Wi-Fi Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Wi-Fi Adapter: hello, i have some problem with Wi-fi Adapter. Sometimes this Wi-Fi disconnected and then cant connecting again. So im going to Reset Network and then i can connect again, but sometimes its not work for me. Please help meIm use Win 11, Antivirus : Windows Defender, And Laptop...
  6. Wi-Fi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi adapter: My comuter says it has a Wi-Fi adapter but I can't get Wi-Fi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-adapter/b9617a96-78c2-46d9-874b-409565f9036c
  7. Wi-Fi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi adapter: My laptop won't connect to WiFi. I opened the 'Device Manager' and don't see my wifi adapter. Not when I 'scan for hardware changes' or when I 'show hidden devices'. It's no longer available. My wifi adapter is... Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter...
  8. WI-FI Adapter problem

WI-FI Adapter problem: A couple of weeks ago I lost connection with the internet and received the following message; The Realtek RTL8723BE802.11bgn WI-FI Adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems. A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken. Plug an ethernet cable...
  9. No Wi-Fi Adapter

No Wi-Fi Adapter: There is no Wi-Fi option/icon, nor Airplane mode. No Wi-Fi Adapter in Device Manager. My Windows is up to date, and so is all my Drivers. I've run the Network Troubleshooter multiple times. I've tried setting up a new network. I've reset the Network Adapters, reset my router,...
  10. Regarding Wi Fi adapter problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Regarding Wi Fi adapter problem.: [ATTACH] I don't know what to do? I installed Wireless Driver but still I am getting this problem. Please reply and provide solution for this as soon as possible....