Windows 10: Laptop Wi-Fi permanently disabled since W10 upgrade.

Discus and support Laptop Wi-Fi permanently disabled since W10 upgrade. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, Upon upgrading to W10 my laptops wireless was given an update from windows update which added new drivers for the wireless card. Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mycil, Aug 9, 2015.

1. mycil Win User

Laptop Wi-Fi permanently disabled since W10 upgrade.

Hi all,

Upon upgrading to W10 my laptops wireless was given an update from windows update which added new drivers for the wireless card.

Since this update my on-board WI-Fi is no longer functioning. The adapter is there, but it says there are no networks available. If i go to the wireless setting and attempt to click Wi-Fi to on it just flickers back and remains off.

The wireless adapter is now showing as "intel centrino wireless-N 1030" and it shows several other bluetooth devices which were not present before the update. The driver update seems to have introduced some new bluetooth functionality but the result is that it has disabled my Wi-Fi.

I have tried disabling all the devices and uninstalling and reinstalling drivers to no avail.

:)

mycil, Aug 9, 2015
  2. bunyhony Win User

Nokia E72 - Select WLAN Network Problems

Does anyone know how to permanently disable the Wi-Fi? This is very annoying when I already have T-Mobile for internet services. I don't need Wi-Fi.

bunyhony, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Teddy2016 Win User
    Took my new Win10 laptop to my sports club - problems conneecting it to the WiFi there

Hi!

Probable new Wi-Fi app thing, don't imagine it being to different from W7 network connection manager. There are a few settings about auto connect to search for paid Wi-Fi services, and I disabled/uninstalled the Wi-Fi app as soon as I seen it. I imagine
    it also has some Microsoft can do it better settings.

Where is the W10 desktop/laptop version?? Leave the Linux apps out.

Teddy2016, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Laptop Wi-Fi permanently disabled since W10 upgrade.

How are you installing the drivers for your network adapter?

Click HERE for a possible cure...

teachermark, Aug 9, 2015
  5. mycil Win User
    Tried both automatic install using the installer package, manual browsing to the .inf file and letting windows automatically update it.

I have the most recent drivers for the card, it's detected and available. It says my laptops wi-fi is disabled however and that i need to use my function key/switch to turn it on. Don't have a function key as the OEM software isn't w10 supported. (pegatron hotkey) Currently have resorted to a usb wireless card.

mycil, Aug 9, 2015
  6. I had the same problem today. On a PC which yesterday worked fine - today, wi-fi was deactivated - and no wi-fi driver in device manager. Now - on this PC there WAS a button for turning wifi on/off - but it wasnt possible to turn it on - the light just stayed black. So what worked for me was: I download devid agent from devid.info - and installed it (disregard win10 smart screen warning) - DevidAgent found an update for the wifi-card (it will find updates to lots of drivers, but u can just uncheck the others) - and after it installed - and rebooted - the wifi worked fine again. Just to be sure I clicked the button to disable the wifi - and it went black - but now - if I pressed it again - the light came on and was working. So I,m thinking the issue probably was that windows found a driver which was not so good. This was an old emachines pc which came with win vista originally. I think it said broadcom in device manager initially, but after devid agent found the new driver - it said qualcomm atheros something in device manager. Hope this helps somebody sometime.

Limbomusic, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Laptop Wi-Fi permanently disabled since W10 upgrade.

1. Laptop Wi-Fi permanently disabled since W10 upgrade. - Similar Threads - Laptop permanently disabled

2. windows 11 wi-fi disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 wi-fi disabled: hello, my new laptop currently run-on windows 11 22h2 has few experience bugs on wi-fi adapter, the symptoms are:1. connection suddenly dropped and wi-fi can't found any network2. sometimes using troubleshoot other problems fix the problem or 3. windows start stuttering a...
  3. Wi-Fi issues since new update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi issues since new update: My son and I both updated our computers last week. Ever since doing that they will not connect to our Comcast internet internet is fine on all other devices. It keeps saying Wi-Fi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration....
  4. Permanently disable built in Wi-Fi on Acer Aspire 3 A315

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently disable built in Wi-Fi on Acer Aspire 3 A315: I have an Acer Aspire A 315 with a built in W-Fi that is extremely slow and slows the whole laptop. Internet speeds are approximately 2/10 DOWNLOAD/UPLOAD Mbps with the built in adapter and 40/90 with a TP Link USB adapter.I have disabled the device and uninstalled it...
  5. Permanently disable built in Wi-Fi on Acer Aspire 3 A315

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently disable built in Wi-Fi on Acer Aspire 3 A315: I have an Acer Aspire A 315 with a built in W-Fi that is extremely slow and slows the whole laptop. Internet speeds are approximately 2/10 DOWNLOAD/UPLOAD Mbps with the built in adapter and 40/90 with a TP Link USB adapter.I have disabled the device and uninstalled it...
  6. Permanently disable built in Wi-Fi on Acer Aspire 3 A315

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Wi-Fi disabling randomly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi disabling randomly.: Hi. So I have been playing an online game for 2 months now. Last week, I got disconnected and I thought our Wi-Fi turned off. The Wi-Fi was working properly but when I try to connect, it says "Can't connect to this network". 1 minute after that, the Wi-Fi and drivers...
  8. W10 has no wi fi tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 has no wi fi tab: I had the same problem and solved the problem https://appuals.com/fix-no-wifi-option-in-settings-on-windows-10/ do the same think for wi fi and restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-has-no-wi-fi-tab/584d93f3-083f-4841-aba1-24beddb51f45
  9. Wifi disabled in BIOS but W10 still installs drivers and enables Wi-Fi

Wifi disabled in BIOS but W10 still installs drivers and enables Wi-Fi: I don't use Wi-Fi. Never have, never will. I've disabled it in BIOS, but Windows 10 still sees the adapter and installs drivers for it and Bluetooth. If it didn't result in the Airplane mode button showing in the Network Connections list I would probably find a way to cope...
  10. Wi-FI; Disable; Disconnect

Wi-FI; Disable; Disconnect: In Settings, Network and Internet are the options to disconnect or disable Wi-Fi. Please, what is the difference between the two? I am asking this because my connection has become very flaky over the last month. This taken from the Event Log of a monitoring app, mainly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. intel wireless-n 1030 deactivated