Windows 10: Laptop WiFi card replacement

Discus and support Laptop WiFi card replacement in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am working on a Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241 The antenna on this machine no longer receives signals well. If I bring it within a couple of feet of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TV2, Dec 25, 2019.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Laptop WiFi card replacement

I am working on a Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241

The antenna on this machine no longer receives signals well. If I bring it within a couple of feet of the router it will get a decent signal, connect, and all works well. Move 10 feet away and the signal all but disappears and the connection is lost.
    All other devices see a very strong signal from this router through walls and 30 feet away.

I took it apart and checked everything. Removed and re-seated the WiFi card, checked wiring. No visible problems.

I think I need to replace this card. Problem is I am having a hard time finding a replacement. The cards are similar, but not exactly the same. Some replacements also do 5G band, this one does not.

Question is: how important is it to get an exact replacement for a WiFi card for a laptop? Can many machines accept and handle a card with more or improved features as long as it fits?

I'm also having trouble identifying the Brand and model number to search.
    Device Manager says it is a Broadcom 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter.
    Driver version 7.35.267.0.0

Here is the card:

Laptop WiFi card replacement [​IMG]

This card on EBay looks like an exact replacement:
    TOSHIBA Satellite C55-C C55-C5246 C55-C5240 Laptop Wireless WiFi Card | eBay

But the question is: can I put a better card in this machine?

:)

2. Batman88 Win User

need a new wifi card for laptop

so my acer 4830tg-6450 laptop's internal wifi card has been acting up. it seems to have connectivity issues. my usb one works, but speeds are much slower so I am looking for a replacement wifi card. I have no idea how to go about picking a new wifi card for laptops and what would fit. I googled around and am still clueless haha. any help would be great!

Batman88, Dec 25, 2019
  3. WiFi not working after replacing WiFi card [BCM94352HMB]

This is my first time posting so i hope its in the right place. Here it goes:

I have just replaced my WiFi card from (BCM943228HMB) to BCM94352HMB. Before replacing my WiFi card i done the following:

1. Made computer boot in safe mode with networking.

After that i replaced the card, then booted into windows 10 (safe mode with networking) and checked device manager. Everything was OK (See attached picture). I then tried to turn on WiFi, but it does not turn on. Any help is appreciated.

Hahaahahaha don't look at the other tab *chuckle*Cool

hamzaom675, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Laptop WiFi card replacement

need a new wifi card for laptop

umm why card? not usb? and you can buy it locally

micropage7, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Laptop WiFi card replacement

1. Laptop WiFi card replacement - Similar Threads - Laptop WiFi card

2. Windows 11 Bluetooth is Not Detecting Any Device after replacing WIFI card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Bluetooth is Not Detecting Any Device after replacing WIFI card: Hello!So here's a background of my problem. It's been a week since I replace my WIFI card from Intel to MediaTek because the MediaTek card that comes with my ASUS TUF laptop suddenly starts crashing, causing either or both my WIFI and Bluetooth to lose functionality. It's...
  3. Should I replace my wifi card or the problem is only driver?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should I replace my wifi card or the problem is only driver?: I have a brand new laptop and its wifi card is Intel AX200 wifi 6 when I speed test near the wifi which is on the secondfloor of our house it reaches 70mbps then after a few seconds it drops to 50-55 mbps which is fine because our wifi plan is really 50mbps only but when Im...
  4. laptop losing connection with WIFI card

laptop losing connection with WIFI card: things: laptop is ASUS TUF FX705DT. runs on Win10 Home v1909 has Realtek 8822BE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC How does it behave: It sometimes goes down on its own with me just using it casually. It will most probably lose connection when I move my laptop...
  5. Replacing laptop's wifi antennas' connectors

Replacing laptop's wifi antennas' connectors: So I am attempting to upgrade the PCI-e Wifi card that ships with an old laptop to an Intel AX200 NGFF card , so I bought an NGFF to PCI-e adapter only to realize something I haven't considered . Seems the antennas' connectors from back in PCI-e era were twice the size of the...
  6. Replacing laptop's wifi antennas' connectors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replacing laptop's wifi antennas' connectors: So I am attempting to upgrade the PCI-e Wifi card that ships with an old laptop to an Intel AX200 NGFF card , so I bought an NGFF to PCI-e adapter only to realize something I haven't considered . Seems the antennas' connectors from back in PCI-e era were twice the size of the...
  7. Replacement Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replacement Graphics Card: Hello, I’m trying to repair an elderly friend’s desktop PC and hope someone can help. In early November Windows Update supplied a driver update for the graphics card, AMD/ATI Radeon HD5570 DDR3. Straight afterwards the display screen was corrupted with block colours and bars,...
  8. Wifi card

Wifi card: I got a wifi card because my pc is far away from ethernet but when i started it up i could not get wifi. I opend device manager and i went to network adapters but i didnt see my wifi card there I have windows 10 by the way...
  9. WiFi not working after replacing WiFi card [BCM94352HMB]

WiFi not working after replacing WiFi card [BCM94352HMB]: This is my first time posting so i hope its in the right place. Here it goes: I have just replaced my WiFi card from (BCM943228HMB) to BCM94352HMB. Before replacing my WiFi card i done the following: 1. Made computer boot in safe mode with networking. After that i...
  10. Replacment Nic Card Troubles

Replacment Nic Card Troubles: Got A Question> I Have A Dell Latitude Laptop Running A Dell DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Network Adapter PCI And Want to Upgrade The NIc Card But Can't Find A Replacemnet card For Under $25;00 Dose Anyone Have Any Suggestions As To Were to find A Intel NIC Card With...