Windows 10: Laptop WiFi connection keeps dropping out (Hardware Question)

Discus and support Laptop WiFi connection keeps dropping out (Hardware Question) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My daughter has a laptop that keeps losing it's connection to the local wireless network - any local wireless network. It will connect to any network,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TV2, Nov 29, 2019.

1. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Laptop WiFi connection keeps dropping out (Hardware Question)

My daughter has a laptop that keeps losing it's connection to the local wireless network - any local wireless network. It will connect to any network, using security passwords, but the just drop off, after random amounts of time, ending in the message "The specified network is not available". A complete shutdown and cold start will allow a connection again, briefly.
    Everything works fine on wired Ethernet cable.

I have done most if not all of the known network fixes listed on the various websites for this problem (list below). I am now considering that this could be due to either a general power problem on the motherboard, or a bad wireless card.
    I'm looking for any ideas on how to best test for this. Any tips will be appreciated.

Toshiba C55-C5241
    Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter

Tried:
    • Updating the driver to the most recent one on the MS Update Catalog
    • Making sure "allow the PC to put this device to sleep" is unchecked
    • All other wireless devices connect to the LAN fine
    • Move the laptop to the same room, withing 10 feet of the router.
    • Reset the router
    • Problem happens on 3 wireless LAN's.
    • Created a Guest network with no security protocols.
    • Problem happened before and after the 1903 upgrade
    • USB selective Suspend: disabled
    • Changed the Scan Valid Interval
    • Set WLAN Auto Config in Services to Auto (was on Auto)
    • Maybe some others

:)

2. dalchina Win User

Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

Hello, are you always connected to the same router - or are you skipping to others? Suggest disabling these settings:

Laptop WiFi connection keeps dropping out (Hardware Question) [​IMG]

Also check your channel is not congested, and signal strength is adequate. There are freeware tools which can show you this information.

You might have to change band (frequency) - and in one scenario where someone was renting a place it was suggested the owner was restricting Wifi bandwidth...!

I'm sure others more experienced in these issues will comment.

dalchina, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 dropping wifi connection

My laptop keeps dropping the wifi connection. It then says it can't find any wifi networks. Eventually it connects again for 5-10 minutes before it drops again. None of my other devices have any problems with the wifi network. I have followed all the steps
    here repeatedly and nothing has made any difference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Any ideas what to try next? It's driving me mad! Thanks.

VROBINSON1, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Laptop WiFi connection keeps dropping out (Hardware Question)

wifi connection on android through windows 10 wifi hotspot keeps dropping

My laptop runs windows 10 Pro 1703 Build 15063.483 and gets internet through Ethernet. To get wifi on my android phone, i try generating hotspot on laptop through connectify, netsh etc. The android connects with the wifi for 1-3 minutes and then disconnects. Then i have to keep connecting it back to the wifi generated through my laptop hotspot. I checked that the laptop's wifi connection does not seem to drop as seen in the app wifi analyzer. I tried static address instead of DHCP

But surprisingly when i connect my android to the wifi from home router, it connects rock solid and does not drop at all. Now wifi analyzer app shows that both my connectify hotpsot and home wifi are on the same channels 9-12. Can it be causing a problem? How do i change my channels then?

I want to diagnose why is this happening. Firstly, is it a fault on my laptop side or phone side? Secondly is it a hardware or software issue? How to fix this?

The wifi from home router is very slow. The internet on laptop through Ethernet is very fast so i want to make the hotspot work on laptop.

user_1_1_1, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Laptop WiFi connection keeps dropping out (Hardware Question)

1. Laptop WiFi connection keeps dropping out (Hardware Question) - Similar Threads - Laptop WiFi connection

2. WiFi connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connection keeps dropping: my computer keeps disconnecting me from my wireless network connection. It connects then drops, and says No Internet, secured. Then it will reconnect for a bit, and drop again. Cannot access any sites. I have tried resetting adapter, and it will reconnect, then drop again. I...
  3. WiFi connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi connection keeps dropping: my computer keeps disconnecting me from my wireless network connection. It connects then drops, and says No Internet, secured. Then it will reconnect for a bit, and drop again. Cannot access any sites. I have tried resetting adapter, and it will reconnect, then drop again. I...
  4. WiFi Drops Out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Drops Out: I have a Dell 17" laptop, fresh load of w10 Home (v2004, build 1901) and alleged updated drivers, Verizon fios through a Verizon Actiontec M1424WR router, 3 floor house, router on 1st, S end room (and no it can't move due to cabling, etc), whew. I'll be using the laptop on...
  5. WiFi dropping out, but staying connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi dropping out, but staying connected: Recently my wifi has been dropping, but Windows still says it connected. No other devices on the wifi are cutting out, just my laptop. If I disconnect then reconnect to the wifi on the laptop, it starts working again. I literally double click the button to...
  6. WiFi keeps dropping out (on laptop only)

WiFi keeps dropping out (on laptop only): Long story as short as possible I have a Dell Inspiron running windows 10 that is only a few years old and for about 2-3 weeks now it has been dropping my wifi connection frequently even though the connection is great. Typically when this would ever happen (rarely) it...
  7. Win 10 WiFi Keeps Dropping Out

Win 10 WiFi Keeps Dropping Out: Hi, I have my desktop PC running Win 10 1909, which is connected to my home wifi network. The problem I have is that the connection between the PC and the router keeps dropping out - some days it is okay, but other days it has done it over 30 times. There is a temporary...
  8. Internet connection keeps dropping out

Internet connection keeps dropping out: With out warning connection is lost cause the default Gateway is not available according to the checker. Still trying to sort that out and machine keeps crashing and freezing Any help would be grateful...
  9. WiFi drop out

WiFi drop out: My ASUS G551JW Windows 10 laptop WiFi keeps randomly shutting down. I have reset the adapter (Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-7260), updated with the latest drivers from Intel, all to no effect. This has been going on since the Windows 10 update in October. I have given up on a...
  10. Wifi connection keeps randomly dropping

Wifi connection keeps randomly dropping: Driving me nuts! There seems to be no consistency as to when or why. I leave my computer on and plugged in all the time. I don't think it has dropped while I was actively using the computer, but I can step away for a few minutes and come back and have to reconnect....