Windows 10: Laptop Wifi Driver Question

Discus and support Laptop Wifi Driver Question in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Laptop is an HP 15_ce019dx Wireless adapter is an Intel Pro Set AC 7265 Newer Drivers are out from Intel for that particular adapter, been waiting on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMDMan2016, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Laptop Wifi Driver Question

Laptop is an HP 15_ce019dx
    Wireless adapter is an Intel Pro Set AC 7265

Newer Drivers are out from Intel for that particular adapter, been waiting on HP to post one on there site so i can update from HP, but so far nothing, should i try the ones from Intels site or just keep a waiting

:)

AMDMan2016, Jan 15, 2019
  2. CJCerny Win User

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Jan 15, 2019
  3. cheetahfm Win User
    Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Jan 15, 2019
  4. Laptop Wifi Driver Question

wifi driver vanished

Hi harishsk3033,

It appears that the wireless adapter/card on your laptop gone missing. Have you made any changes or installed any updates on your laptop prior to the issue? If yes, what were those changes or updates?

Basically, since the wireless adapter/card no longer appears in Device Manager, then it implies that the device is no longer detected. Downloading its drivers will not do any help. The wireless adapter/card has to be detected first before you can install
    its driver.

As a workaround, I suggest performing the following steps to try to re-detect the wireless adapter/card:

• Reboot the laptop
      • To insure that the laptop is properly rebooted, I recommend to shut it down first, before starting it up again.
    • Scan for hardware changes
      1. Open Device Manager.
      2. Right-click the Network adapters category, and click
        Scan for hardware changes
      3. Check if the wireless card appears. If yes, then right-click it, and click
        Update driver software
      4. Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Check for Other devices in Device Manager.
      1. Go back to Device Manager and look for Other devices.
      2. If it's there, then expand it.
      3. If the wireless adapter/card is on the list, then right-click it and click
        Update Driver Software
      4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If the above steps won't help, then there's a need to unplug and replug the wireless adapter/card on your laptop to have it detected. Please contact your computer manufacturer for proper assistance.

Kindly update this thread with the result so I'll be able to assist you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Laptop Wifi Driver Question

1. Laptop Wifi Driver Question - Similar Threads - Laptop Wifi Driver

2. Driver question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver question: I have an old PC running windows 10 that I dug out did a full wipe on through windows. The computer will run fine for a couple hours and then my keyboard, mouse and network adapter all dissappear. I can reboot and it will be fine for a couple hours. I've tried updating...
  3. Driver question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver question: I have an old PC running windows 10 that I dug out did a full wipe on through windows. The computer will run fine for a couple hours and then my keyboard, mouse and network adapter all dissappear. I can reboot and it will be fine for a couple hours. I've tried updating...
  4. Driver question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Issue with WIFI driver on HP laptops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with WIFI driver on HP laptops: We recently purchased New HP intel and AMD core I7 laptops. The issue is when we connect to our domain and perform restart, it looses wireless connection. On checking wireless driver under device manager it has an exclamation mark. Has anyone experienced the issue? I would...
  6. Question Regarding My Laptop's Camera Driver

Question Regarding My Laptop's Camera Driver: Hello all, I am having a problem trying to turn my integrated camera back on my laptop. This all started when I tried to join a zoom meeting and my camera was not turning on. Once the meeting was over, I opened the camera app and received this message The error message will...
  7. WiFi question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi question: A majority of the time on my Asus top gaming FX504 Laptop running windows 10 home, the task bar section When I check Wi-Fi it shows up my Wi-Fi is secure but there's no connection is what it says, but I have great signal strength Also lately in the network connections under...
  8. Laptop keeps uninstalling wifi driver

Laptop keeps uninstalling wifi driver: Hi, We recently switched our internet, and ever since then, my computer has been randomly shutting itself off the network. Rather than having limited bars and slow internet, it is just saying "no internet connection" and "unable to connect to this network" if I try to...
  9. Broadcom wifi driver question

Broadcom wifi driver question: Does anyone here know if the issue where if you have a broadcom chipset wifi card windows 10 updates past and including 1709 will brick your wifi has been resolved? 109328
  10. Laptop Wifi Question (Sager NP9377)

Laptop Wifi Question (Sager NP9377): I recently upgraded my internet speed with my ISP, but the tech guy said my wireless is not able to pick up 5G. Is there anything I can do? My laptop is a Sager NP9377 and it has Realtek rtl8723ae wireless lan 802.11n pci-e nic. Thoughts/help GREATLY appreciated [img] 42286