Windows 10: Laptop WiFi just turned off, will not let me turn it back on, says no WiFi networks found

Discus and support Laptop WiFi just turned off, will not let me turn it back on, says no WiFi networks found in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. Thanks very much in advance to anyone willing and able to help with this. This is similar to an issue I had a couple months ago. Everything has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Maria#P, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Maria#P Win User

Laptop WiFi just turned off, will not let me turn it back on, says no WiFi networks found

Hello. Thanks very much in advance to anyone willing and able to help with this. This is similar to an issue I had a couple months ago. Everything has been working fine, no issues, then this happened a couple days ago.

So a couple days ago I went to log in to my WiFi - I get booted off my WiFi and/or lose the connection quite a bit at night so it wasn't that out of the ordinary to find my laptop disconnected - and when I tried to connect, I had a pop up say "No WiFi Networks Available".

I've attached some screenshots. Sometimes when I try to connect I can see the networks. Most of the time it says no networks available. In either case, the window pops open only for a second then reverts back to the smaller window with the drop down to turn WiFi back on manually. In the screenshots, one shows the networks, one says none available, one just says Netgear and the last is that smaller window.

The mobile hotspot isn't working either - I click on that, same thing happens.

It's my laptop, it's not the WiFi. I DO have service, my other devices are on it and there's no issue.

So, just today I installed 2 updates thinking that might help. It didn't. Still having the issue. If I connect via ethernet it works just fine.

A couple months ago I was stuck in airplane mode and couldn't get out. Finally cleared that with a regedit.msc thing, tried that again this time, and it was already on the setting that I changed it to last time that fixed it.

Also, my WiFi adapter is missing from my device manager. Lots of other stuff is there but no WiFi. I did the scan for new hardware, nothing.

My laptop is old, it's a Dell latitude e5430. I just got it maybe 5 or 6 months ago and I bought it because it has a lot of upgrades on it and works really well. Usually.

So not sure what to do but start the search online I guess, see what I can find about fixing this issue and start working on it. Thought I'd try here first and hopefully save myself several hours.

Thanks again,

Maria

Laptop WiFi just turned off, will not let me turn it back on, says no WiFi networks found a6b5496f-aefb-40c5-9049-179e76bfeaf2?upload=true.jpg Laptop WiFi just turned off, will not let me turn it back on, says no WiFi networks found 08de0f07-f11f-4aec-9a64-1568b501414f?upload=true.jpg Laptop WiFi just turned off, will not let me turn it back on, says no WiFi networks found 38252ce3-1585-4516-ac58-afd085b57d86?upload=true.jpg Laptop WiFi just turned off, will not let me turn it back on, says no WiFi networks found 18a274a2-fb50-45a4-9d6d-0a28fe3eb7d7?upload=true.jpg

:)

Maria#P, Aug 14, 2020
  2. cheetahfm Win User

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, Aug 14, 2020
  3. Wifi not turning on.

Wifi not turning on . there is a red cross sign in front of wifi icon on task bar . I checked the wifi is enabled ( by right clicking on wifi icon in internet and network menu/option )

When I go to network settings and try to turn on the wifi ..the wifi slides on but doesn't stay on and slides back to off position .

IMPORTANT - I END (stopped/endtask) SOME NETWORK/WIFI RELATED PROCESSES IN TASK MANAGER ..I AM NOT SURE..BUT I THINK AFTER THAT I STARTED FACING THESE WIFI RELATED ISSUES

TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS DONE

• As already mentioned checked whether wifi is enabled or not by right clicking on wifi option in internet and network menu .
    • checked drivers . they are upto date .
    • In wifi properties ---->configure---->advanced ----> tried to change property to 802.11n bandwith 20 mhz only but it reverts back to 802.11b preamble long only.. once the tab is closed .
    • Checked the dell wireless device 1703 802.11b/g/n ( 2.4 GHZ) is working properly by clicking on general option .
    • checked services like tcp/ip net bios helper , wlan autoconfig ,windows connection manager all 3 are running

I am at my wits end as to how to fix this issue . please not that I am not a new windows 10 user and have had windows for some time now and never faced any issue.

Please tell me how to turn the wifi on but before that do read all the troubleshooting steps i have done to avoid duplication of efforts .

THANKS

Rahulpurswani, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Laptop WiFi just turned off, will not let me turn it back on, says no WiFi networks found

High Ping when i Turn on the wifi of my laptop

Can you please provide more information?

• What make/model of router do you have?
    • Is it on the latest firmware?
    • If you don't know how to do something with your router, please refer to the user's manual or provide us more information about it so we can assist you better.
    • What make/model of laptops do you have?
    • Is the laptop that causes the high latency of the wireless connection much older than the other devices?
    • Have you scanned the device for malware to make sure it isn't causing any kind of attack inside or outside of your network? (I recommend MalwareBytes AntiMalware Free from Ninite.com)
    • What are you pinging when you're monitoring this issue? Google? Your gateway/router?
    High latency in a wireless envirnoment like this one I would assume it is either something overloading from a malicious attack, an old device using a narrower bandwidth causing the router to have to change its channel scopes and having issues doing so (firmware bug), or the router being overloaded trying to manage all the requests over wireless (cheaper home-grade routers can fall flat on their face if too many devices connect to their wireless network(s))...there are other things like channel interference that @remixedcat refers to that are absolutely worth looking into.

Acrylic WiFi is an excellent program. Run it for about 15 minutes, then use Snip to take a screenshot of it (Google: Now to use Microsoft Snip, if you've never used it). You can attach images to a new post or upload them to Techpowerup.org and past the IMG code in your post.

Hope this helps get you going in the right direction!

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop WiFi just turned off, will not let me turn it back on, says no WiFi networks found - Similar Threads - Laptop WiFi turned

2. Wifi turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi turned off: My wifi seems to be turned off even if I try to turn it on from the settings area, it still shows " wifi turned off" when I click on the wifi symbol on the task bar. Any idea on how to go about it please?...
  3. Wifi turns on and off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi turns on and off: I am doing a project. My wifi keeps on turning on and Off. Sometimes it turns on but then I cannot search. Why is this so weird? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-turns-on-and-off/d9cc77ce-0efb-42a1-a405-c4fc894d97fe
  4. Wifi turns on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi turns on and off: I am doing a project. My wifi keeps on turning on and Off. Sometimes it turns on but then I cannot search. Why is this so weird? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-turns-on-and-off/d9cc77ce-0efb-42a1-a405-c4fc894d97fe
  5. Wifi turning off and on

Wifi turning off and on: Hi. I tend to have a problem with my lenovo thinkbook, and this never happened since some update like a few weeks ago. So sometimes my wi-fi just shuts itself off for a few seconds and then it turns on again. It is very annoying and I don't know that to do. I tried...
  6. Wifi turned off can’t turn back on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi turned off can’t turn back on: I left my computer on overnight to update a game, I woke up to check the update and it says wifi 2 is turned off. I went into the settings to try and turn it back on and it didn’t work. My wifi adapter is a tp-link wireless USB adapter. I have tried to uninstall the driver...
  7. Wireless Network Connection says wifi is turned off, and options are turn on manually...

Wireless Network Connection says wifi is turned off, and options are turn on manually...: Goofed up somewhere trying to get two laptops to connect via the wifi, allowing shared files. Now the older laptop connects to wifi, the second can't find the wifi. Opening the settings, and clicking on Wi-Fi indicates that the Connection is off, when I click on the On...
  8. WiFi Turned off - can't turn it back on

WiFi Turned off - can't turn it back on: I've been on the forums trying to find a way to fix this issue. Windows 10 updated on October 22. My wifi disabled on the same day (adapter is a Centrino n-6205). All attempts to get the wifi to turn on were stymied. I thought perhaps windows 7 still loaded might be causing...
  9. WiFi on laptop is permanently turned off and wont turn back on.

WiFi on laptop is permanently turned off and wont turn back on.: In network setting my network status just has a blank line with dotted lines in between. And there is no wifi button to click on the left side of the page. Also under the settings page in airplane mode the airplane mode toggle switch is locked in the on position. I have...
  10. Wifi turned off

Wifi turned off: <p>Hi there.</p><p>I am using a Dell Latitude E5540 and updated my Windows to ''Windows 10, version 1803."</p><p></p><p>Now my wifi keeps turning off every time I restart my computer. I try to turn it on manually, but it doesn't work.&nbsp;</p><p></p><p>Also, my Airplane mode...