Windows 10: Laptop WiFi not working for a particular hotspot

Discus and support Laptop WiFi not working for a particular hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop have Windows 10. Recently my laptop was connected to WiFi network through my phone's wifi hotspot but it showed me a yellow warning on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by naveen6115, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Laptop WiFi not working for a particular hotspot

My laptop have Windows 10. Recently my laptop was connected to WiFi network through my phone's wifi hotspot but it showed me a yellow warning on the symbol. But whenever I use WiFi network of another device's WiFi hotspot, the internet runs smoothly but it never work on the hotpot provided by my smartphone. My smartphone- Redmi K20 pro.

Please help me.

:)

naveen6115, Aug 16, 2020

2. best way to use laptop internet as hotspot?

Hello,

My wifi router isnt working rightnow but internet is working by lan cable in laptop directly.

How can i use my laptop as wifi hotspot and use wifi in my mobile phone?

thx.

freebird_9924, Aug 16, 2020
  3. laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

Hi,

I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot.

kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue.

RAHULSHARMA6989, Aug 16, 2020
  4. RPmtl Win User

Laptop WiFi not working for a particular hotspot

Blackberry Q10 wifi Hotspot Hidden

I just recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 (clean install) to see what it has to offer, and so far everything works fine. Except last evening during a class I teach I needed a wifi connection so I enabled the Hotspot feature my BB Q10. But its broadcast SSID was not showing as an available wifi network. There was a strong Hidden Network appearing on the list, but I did not want to try it as I was in a public environment. A student in the class enabled their iPhone's hotspot which I could see and used that instead. The same student (and others) could see my Blackberry SSID on their phones.

When I got home I checked with my wife's iPad and she could see the BB Hotspot SSID and successfully logged into it. She then enabled the Hotspot feature on her iPhone and its SSID was displayed on my Lenovo laptop's available networks.

I then manually typed in the SSID name into the strong Hidden Network displayed on the available networks list and I could then connect to it without problems. I also used a network sniffing tool on he same laptop (inSSIDer 4) and it displays the Q10 SSID being broadcast and is not a hidden network. But it just will NOT display its identity on the laptop's wifi list of "available networks".

- The Q10 is broadcasting its SSID as other devices see it
    - The laptop sees the SSID using the inSSIDer utility and it does not appear to be hidden
    - I can see and access other phone's hotspot SSID's with the same laptop
    - My list of available networks shows the BB SSID as as Hidden Network (without a name)
    - Everything worked fine with Windows 8.1 on the same laptop.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks *Smile

RPmtl, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Laptop WiFi not working for a particular hotspot

1. Laptop WiFi not working for a particular hotspot - Similar Threads - Laptop WiFi working

2. Laptop's hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop's hotspot not working: When I connect my mobile to Laptop's hotspot it shows "no data connection". Pleaae provide me the solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptops-hotspot-not-working/d38a10dc-d9e3-4b68-bd28-3b1c4657d6a8
  3. Laptop's hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop's hotspot not working: When I connect my mobile to Laptop's hotspot it shows "no data connection". Pleaae provide me the solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptops-hotspot-not-working/d38a10dc-d9e3-4b68-bd28-3b1c4657d6a8
  4. Laptop hotspot is not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop hotspot is not working?: I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop and it is connected to the internet by LAN, it is the university dorm's network. I needed wifi for my other devices iPhone and iPad, so I turned on hotspot from my laptop. But none of my apple devices can connect to it. I tried using my friend's...
  5. Laptop hotspot is not working?

Laptop hotspot is not working?: I have a Acer Nitro 5 laptop and it is connected to the internet by LAN, it is the university dorm's network. I needed wifi for my other devices iPhone and iPad, so I turned on hotspot from my laptop. But none of my apple devices can connect to it. I tried using my friend's...
  6. wifi hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi hotspot not working: my wifi properties /sharing/home network connection/ is only showing one option which is ethernet. .y cant i get any other options to choose from//?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot-not-working/1012b8c4-fa2b-4404-ab83-fa3d2941c418
  7. wifi hotspot not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi hotspot not working: my wifi properties /sharing/home network connection/ is only showing one option which is ethernet. .y cant i get any other options to choose from//?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-hotspot-not-working/1012b8c4-fa2b-4404-ab83-fa3d2941c418
  8. wifi hotspot not working

9. Hotspot wifi not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotspot wifi not working: Hi, It has been a few months since I can't use my laptop as a mobile hotspot, and the last Windows update didn't fix it. When I try to share either Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection, no one can't connect to the Wi-Fi. I tested with android and iPhone devices and none of the...
  10. ABOUT LAPTOP WIFI HOTSPOT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ABOUT LAPTOP WIFI HOTSPOT: my devices can connect to my laptop WIFI hotspot but it says there is no internet on the devices. Anyone with a solution please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-laptop-wifi-hotspot/26c2ede0-1106-4b3a-b670-754ef1b9b6f7