Windows 10: Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl

Discus and support Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Device: Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241. OS: Windows 10 x64 (Pre Installed) ISP: Suddenlink WiFi Router: Netgear N600 Wireless Double band router... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shivanandvp, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl

Device: Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241.
    ISP: Suddenlink
    WiFi Router: Netgear N600 Wireless Double band router (WNDR3400v3). Firmware version V1.0.0.38_1.0.40

I get a low speed of 0.3 Mbps on the laptop through WiFi whereas the same WiFi gives about 30Mbps bandwidth on my android phone. Could you please help me troubleshoot? I'll be glad to provide more information

:)

shivanandvp, Jan 17, 2016
  2. 5burn Win User

Windows 10 internet issues

Starting right after downloading windows 10 my laptop and all my other devises are having trouble on wifi but only when I turn my laptop on. As soon as I close the laptop and it goes into sleep mode all other devices work fine. Every time I open it back
    up Internet on iPhones, iPads, other laptops and all devices connected to wifi slow to a crawl or does not work. Is anyone else having this problem?

5burn, Jan 17, 2016
  3. Windows 10 performance very very slow

I have the same PC. It was OK for a couple of days but lately has slowed down to a crawl..

Richard_0381, Jan 17, 2016
  4. Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl

UPDATE:

The speed is back to normal (30 Mbps). It might be due to one of these reasons:

1) Another user was logged into Ubuntu (Ubuntu is sometimes known to usurp the WiFi bandwidth from other laptops and PCs while using certain Broadcom device drivers)
    2) Upgraded the router firmware.

shivanandvp, Jan 17, 2016
Thema:

Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl

1. Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl - Similar Threads - Laptop WiFi slowed

2. Windows running at a slow crawl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows running at a slow crawl: Dell InspirionIntel Core i5-9400 @2.90GHz32 GB RAMWindows 11 x64For the past week or so my PC has become almost unuseable because of how slow it runs. I read there was recent update KB5007215 but I can not find a download link on the MS website.I've tried shutting down all...
  3. Windows running at a slow crawl

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows running at a slow crawl: Dell InspirionIntel Core i5-9400 @2.90GHz32 GB RAMWindows 11 x64For the past week or so my PC has become almost unuseable because of how slow it runs. I read there was recent update KB5007215 but I can not find a download link on the MS website.I've tried shutting down all...
  4. Laptop running Windows 10, slowing to a crawl...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop running Windows 10, slowing to a crawl...: Hello, recently my HP laptop running the most recent version of Windows 10 has been slowing down in weird ways. Every device function that isn't clicking or typing has slowed down significantly despite multiple restarts, ample hard drive space and it being free of malware as...
  5. Loading and restarting slowed down to a crawl after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loading and restarting slowed down to a crawl after 2004 update: Once again an update ruins my PC, but this time I actually don't know what to do. So I had a snappy Windows 10 machine, but then it started pestering me about an update. I resisted for a while knowing full well how it can end up but gave in after it said my system would no...
  6. Windows 10 is slowing to a crawl

Windows 10 is slowing to a crawl: Hey I've got Windows 10 v1909 and recently it became terribly slow. I had problems with BSOD for which i've consulted with the community and disabled Intel Turbo Boost 3 and uninstalled Kaspersky since they thought it might be conflicting with Malewarebytes. I've done a...
  7. Windows inexplicably slows to a crawl

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows inexplicably slows to a crawl: I've had an issue for a few weeks now where suddenly Windows will slow waaaay down (opening programs, websites refreshing, etc.) I can usually still open task manager and there are no obvious issues (nothing pinned at 100%, no one program that is the apparent culprit). A warm...
  8. Windows 10 slows down to a crawl

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 slows down to a crawl: So this has happened to me twice in the past week. Windows would just randomly slow down and start stuttering to the point where its unusable, and I would have to hard reset my machine. I run dual monitors, and in both instances, I was playing a game on one monitor, while...
  9. 100% HDD slowing laptop to a crawl

100% HDD slowing laptop to a crawl: Hi, I have just bought a brand new HP Laptop 8 Gig RAM, 7th gen i7 Intel, 2 TB HDD. Currently it"s not running much software & that annoying 100% HDD usage has already appeared. I have already increased the virtual RAM ( should be necessary with these specs). This problem...
  10. Startup slowed to a crawl

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup slowed to a crawl: Hi Everyone, I haven't been here for quite some time. About a week ago something changed with my Windows 10 startup. Everything seems to begin smoothly until the final blue screen finishes. There was usually a slight pause before the desktop appears but now just before my...