Windows 10: Laptop wifi suddenly disabled and can't shutdown and restart

Discus and support Laptop wifi suddenly disabled and can't shutdown and restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just bought this laptop asus vivobook s14 s410U and windows 10 original istalled there two months ago. The problem started yesterday. I was playing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FedrickAlfredo, Dec 25, 2018.

1. Laptop wifi suddenly disabled and can't shutdown and restart

Just bought this laptop asus vivobook s14 s410U and windows 10 original istalled there two months ago. The problem started yesterday. I was playing game and the laptop wifi suddenly disabled i can't enable it also. I tried to restart it and it keep displaying restarting and take forever.. till i long press the power button. And today it happens again. Was playing game and the wifi disabled. And i try to shutdown it. The monitor turned off but the power button still glowing and take about a 5 minutes to full shutdown.

What proble is it.. pls someone help me..

:)

FedrickAlfredo, Dec 25, 2018
  2. Sirron Win User

Windows 10 started not powering off on shutdown or restarting

One of my laptops, the HP Elitebook 8460P with Windows 10 Creators Update, latest drivers and updates, started not power off on shutdown. It doesn't matter if I do a regular shutdown, Shift Shutdown, Restart, Safe Mode, "shutdown /s /t 0", it just goes through the steps and says shutting down services, then shutting down or restarting depending on which one I pick and does the bubbles in a circle and the mouse cursor still works and that's it. I have to hold down the power button to force it to turn off. Nothing shows up in the Event Viewer, I tried SFC & DISM /Restorehealth, chkdsk, and they all come up clean. I tried disabling Fast Boot and hibernation, and unplugging it and removing the battery and holding down the power button. There are no other devices connected to this laptop and it is the same hardware that it has had for over two years. I tried to rollback and then disabling the Intel Management Engine that I saw some people suggested, but there is no difference. There are no blue screens, no errors, nothing logged in Event Viewer, all hardware passes diagnostics, and everything else works just fine and it boots up quickly.

Any help on fixing this would be appreciated.

Sirron, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Apps reopening on start up after shutdown/restart

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. Please confirm if you already install the
    January 31st update (KB4058258 (OS Build 16299.214)) and perform the steps provided
    by PaulSey....

You can also use command line to disable apps from auto reopening in Windows.

• Open Command Prompt and type command shutdown -t 0 -s to shut down.
    • If you want to restart use command shutdown -t 0 -r and hit Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Lemuel Cie, Dec 25, 2018
  4. Laptop wifi suddenly disabled and can't shutdown and restart

Wifi completely disabled

Hi Ben,

It seems that your wireless card may have been disabled or could be uninstalled. To help sort out this issue, I suggest that you restart your laptop first. Once the laptop is back on, check if your WiFi is reconnected. If not, check your laptop's Device
    Manager and see if the wireless card is detected. Follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters and look for your WiFi adapter.
    • If it's there, right-click it and click Properties.
    • Check the Device status.

If the device status shows that the device is working properly, then check if the Airplane mode on your laptop is turned on. Just press the
    Windows key + A to open Action Center. If it's on, then turn it off and see if WiFi is working.

Please update this thread with the result so I can assist you further.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

Laptop wifi suddenly disabled and can't shutdown and restart

1. Laptop wifi suddenly disabled and can't shutdown and restart - Similar Threads - Laptop wifi suddenly

2. Laptop that can't shutdown and directly restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop that can't shutdown and directly restart: Asus tuf laptopI have Asus Tuf with windows 11 in it. When i shutdown my computer it switch in sleep mode then restart. The only way to shut it down without it restarting is to use the shutdown button directly in the laptop. Please help.I disabled all restart or wake from...
  3. Laptop that can't shutdown and directly restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop that can't shutdown and directly restart: Asus tuf laptopI have Asus Tuf with windows 11 in it. When i shutdown my computer it switch in sleep mode then restart. The only way to shut it down without it restarting is to use the shutdown button directly in the laptop. Please help.I disabled all restart or wake from...
  4. [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly: Hi,I keep getting BSOD when playing and even when I'm idle but it's so random that sometimes it will BSOD in an hour or sometimes it will take a day for my PC to BSOD.Already tried the steps below:-Re-installed OS 2 times already-Testing RAM sticks I got spare-SFC...
  5. [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly: Hi,I keep getting BSOD when playing and even when I'm idle but it's so random that sometimes it will BSOD in an hour or sometimes it will take a day for my PC to BSOD.Already tried the steps below:-Re-installed OS 2 times already-Testing RAM sticks I got spare-SFC...
  6. [BSOD] PC shutdown/restart suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Laptop shutdowns suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutdowns suddenly: Hi! I am unable to resolve issues related to my systems. It shutdowns suddenly. Please do let me know what to do. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-shutdowns-suddenly/4b38ba00-f5e0-455a-8baf-851141651182
  8. Laptop suddenly can't connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop suddenly can't connect to wifi: Hi, I'm suddenly having issues connecting to WIFI network on one laptop. On the other laptop there is no such problem. I have tried all the basic stuff such as restarting the laptop and the wifi router, I tried forgetting the wifi data and adding my wifi network again,...
  9. Disable Restart/Shutdown Theme

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Restart/Shutdown Theme: Hello, Are the any ways to change/remove the background colour of the Restart/Shutdown screen? Currently, mine is set to grey and it looks butt ugly, I don't want to change the theme just for that. Are the maybe any reg hacks I can use? Thanks submitted by /u/dsr33...
  10. WiFi disables then restarts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi disables then restarts: When connecting to certain wifi networks(not all), my laptop wifi adapter disables itself, restarts then shows 'cant connect to this network' My friend can connect to the network just fine[IMG][IMG][IMG]...