Windows 10: Laptop wifii using one driver and not other with frequent disconnectio

Discus and support Laptop wifii using one driver and not other with frequent disconnectio in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Seemingly used but good laptop had v. good working WIFI system. After 6 months it stopped working. The same WIFI is working on mobiles without any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rqhhe, Nov 1, 2019.

1. rqhhe Win User

Laptop wifii using one driver and not other with frequent disconnectio

Seemingly used but good laptop had v. good working WIFI system. After 6 months it stopped working.
    The same WIFI is working on mobiles without any problems ever.
    therefore, the need arose to use this usb WIFI adapter for laptop.
    Some links are given to explanation
    https://www.daraz.pk/-i104836005-s12...Flag=true&mp=1
    another link
    screenshot-www.daraz.pk-2019.09.02-08_37_24 - Nimbus Note
    usually its drivers were also installed.
    Instructions in its manual said to disable the default(erroneous)windows 7 WIFI drivers/adapter.so they
    got disabled.
    but the laptop is still using default windows 7 WIFI settings.
    wifi report.png - Google Drive.
    many others also has this problem.
    windows 7 ultimate sp 1 Toshiba laptop is not using Realtek RTL8188FTV Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter Driver
    https://www.daraz.pk/-i104836005-s12...Flag=true&mp=1
    another link
    screenshot-www.daraz.pk-2019.09.02-08_37_24 - Nimbus Note
    and deep inside shows error "currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code 45)"
    But using
    Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11b/g 54 Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter Driver.
    Sometimes restarting the computer solves the problem but only for some minutes. And one looses interest in using internet which works in this way.
    how to resolve this problem and especially solve it permanently.
    Q1) why laptop WIFI frequently disconnects.
    Q2) why laptop is using the default 54 MB windows 10 WIFI driver but not using the 300 MB driver for newly purchased usb WIFI adapter.
    Following all these steps aren’t fixing wifi problems, but wifi works fine on 5 mobiles.it takes a lot of time to restart the computer to connect to the internet which again disconnects after 5 minutes.
    Toshiba Satellite Pro L300 - 198 system unit
    MODEL NO: PSLB9E-009007EN
    insyde bios v 1.30
    Microsoft Windows version 1903 (os build 18362.418)

best wishes.

:)

rqhhe, Nov 1, 2019
  2. CJCerny Win User

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Nov 1, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 1, 2019
  4. varma14 Win User

c7 wifii connections issues

i have to reset my phone and restored the backuped up data.but after the restoration, the phone doesnot seem to connect to the internet.

tried to connect to a wifii, when entered the password it tries to connect for a second and then an error message ''connection failed/connection unavailable'' is popping out at the top end of the screen and again it shows the wifii name in the list of available
    connections.

tried formating to factory settings and this time restored without applying the phone settings but this too could not make it work.

got this problem at a earlier date and this problem is rectified after numerous entries to the care centre and can be done only after sending it to the factory.

as i'm out of warranty now, isnt there any method to rectify it myself ? or hard reseting the phone can rectify it ?

if so, please say me a way to hard reset my phone.

varma14, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop wifii using one driver and not other with frequent disconnectio - Similar Threads - Laptop wifii using

2. WiFi is slow on one laptop, but good on other devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi is slow on one laptop, but good on other devices: Hi,I got a 1 year + Acer Helios 300 and I'm only getting a max speed of 20mbps download and upload here. My other old Dell laptop is getting the normal 200mbps as well as my iPhone and android phone. On the other hand, its all good when using ethernet. I tried some steps on...
  3. WiFi is slow on one laptop, but good on other devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi is slow on one laptop, but good on other devices: Hi,I got a 1 year + Acer Helios 300 and I'm only getting a max speed of 20mbps download and upload here. My other old Dell laptop is getting the normal 200mbps as well as my iPhone and android phone. On the other hand, its all good when using ethernet. I tried some steps on...
  4. My laptop crashes in one specific room but not others?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop crashes in one specific room but not others?: I have an ASUS TUF FX 507DT My laptop works fine everywhere the only issue I ever really encounter is that sometimes the audio will glitches up for a second and the "threads get stuck" or something But when I go to work in my bedroom it'll start freezing up and taking...
  5. microSD write-protected on one laptop but not the other?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microSD write-protected on one laptop but not the other?: [Windows 10 Home x64, v2004] I tried to move some files from my laptop to my Samsung microSD, but Windows says it was write-protected. Checked the Lock switch but it was unlocked. Tried a registry tweak, and tried diskpart with the cmd line, but neither of those worked....
  6. One note is no longer functioning. I use it frequently.

One note is no longer functioning. I use it frequently.: One note is not staying on. It shuts down and returns to the icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-note-is-no-longer-functioning-i-use-it/d2031639-ffc9-4f95-8ad1-0a90cb9b2cf1
  7. Using Recovery from one laptop in another laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Recovery from one laptop in another laptop.: I have two laptops with same make and same model Identical laptops . I have updated one of laptop to latest BIOS and Windows. I don't have the recovery drive for the laptop which I have updated. Can I create a recovery drive in another laptop NOT UPDATED and use it in the...
  8. Frequent MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSOD and others

Frequent MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSOD and others: Frequent MEMORY MANAGEMENT BSOD sometimes other BSODs, mainly when i start gaming. Some code came up some times like dxgkrnl.sys and win32kbase.sys I already tried the following: - Memtest - Reinstalling windows - sfc /scannow - DSIM - Memory diagnostic tool -...
  9. Moving organized Albums from one Laptop to the other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving organized Albums from one Laptop to the other: I need to move 200 albums which I spent so much time organizing- I have them titled two different ways separating my personal albums and my Business albums. using the laptop app to set all the albums up when I look in the file folder under pictures it still shows all the...
  10. location's frequently in use

in Windows 10 Support
    location's frequently in use: so, the location icon pops up frequently in my system tray area, now I know that means my location's in use, but does it have to pop up sometimes as many as 5 times in about as many minutes? I'm giving real thought to disabling the ruddy thing. 64656