Windows 10: Laptop will Boot and then restart, never letting me open anything

Discus and support Laptop will Boot and then restart, never letting me open anything in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop is 3 years old (if I can get it to run long enough to tell me what the model is Ill put it here) and it will boot, sometimes let me log in,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JustASink, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Laptop will Boot and then restart, never letting me open anything

My laptop is 3 years old (if I can get it to run long enough to tell me what the model is Ill put it here) and it will boot, sometimes let me log in, but restarts before I can do anything. I need it to hold out two more semesters and I'm getting really frustrated. Sometimes it starts up but the screen doesnt do anything and the fan starts running loudly and sometimes when it restarts the caps lock key starts blinking 3 times. I have no clue what to do

submitted by /u/JustASink
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JustASink, Jan 16, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Windows Powershell auto opens when booting up

Hi Victor,

To stop Windows Powershell to start whenever you boot up your laptop, we suggest you to follow the steps listed below for selecting the services you want to run at startup:

• Search System Configurationfrom the taskbar.
    • Select the top result, System Configuration desktop app.
    • Go to the Startup tab on the System Configuration main window.
    • Uncheck the box next to Windows Powershell program.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Restart to restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Laptop will Boot and then restart, never letting me open anything

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Laptop will Boot and then restart, never letting me open anything

1. Laptop will Boot and then restart, never letting me open anything - Similar Threads - Laptop Boot restart

2. New Laptop won't let me do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop won't let me do anything: So I got a new laptop Dell G16 7620, charged it and updated it, tried logging in and it wouldn't let me. So I skipped for the moment to set up the rest of the computer and it wouldn't let me. After a lot of googling I got onto Windows 10 and was finally able to set up the...
  3. New Laptop won't let me do anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop won't let me do anything: So I got a new laptop Dell G16 7620, charged it and updated it, tried logging in and it wouldn't let me. So I skipped for the moment to set up the rest of the computer and it wouldn't let me. After a lot of googling I got onto Windows 10 and was finally able to set up the...
  4. Inaccessible Boot Error wont let me open my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible Boot Error wont let me open my laptop: My latop Lenovo Ideapad 3 Gaming 15IHU6 after installing a bios update won't let me turn on my computer and keeps reaching the blue screen aith the error code "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" or the automatic repair screen. In the automatic repair screen many things don't work such...
  5. Inaccessible Boot Error wont let me open my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inaccessible Boot Error wont let me open my laptop: My latop Lenovo Ideapad 3 Gaming 15IHU6 after installing a bios update won't let me turn on my computer and keeps reaching the blue screen aith the error code "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" or the automatic repair screen. In the automatic repair screen many things don't work such...
  6. My computer won't let me open anything and there's no background

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer won't let me open anything and there's no background: Pls help heres a pic[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-let-me-open-anything-and-theres/c4c6d37a-a9c6-4d29-bb1e-c446a6d89191
  7. Not letting me download anything!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not letting me download anything!!!: Im just trying to reset my computer and it says i need to clear up space. Anything i try to uninstall or delete says it cannot find the file. It wont let me download ANYTHING or uninstall anything. It tells me to save then as soon as i hit run the error message pops up. Never...
  8. It's not letting me listen to anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    It's not letting me listen to anything: When I boot up my computer a bit ago, it had this weird echo, so I went, reinstalled the drivers, echo stayed, I uninstalled realtek, and when I restarted my computer, It was not accepting my headphones, I went and looked, and realtek was gone. I looked around for a new...
  9. Virus wont let me boot or do anything

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus wont let me boot or do anything: So i accidentaly installed a virus on my laptop then I ran both AVG and Avast to check for virus in the computer it said that all threats had been removed, then i reboot my laptop and it froze while booting so i ran the Windows Resoution and i checked the disk at cmd now...
  10. Laptop Wont Let Me Click On Anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop Wont Let Me Click On Anything: So for the past few months my computer will not let me click on anything. I'm starting to get frustrated because I use my laptop for my school work. I have to go into my files and do the restart that refreshes my task bar. That only works once then it doesn't help me until I...