Windows 10: Laptop will not boot after upgrade to windows 10

Discus and support Laptop will not boot after upgrade to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After upgrading a toshiba satellite laptop from windows 7 to windows 10, it will not boot up from the hard drive, disk drive or USB. The upgrade ran... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnneJennings3, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Laptop will not boot after upgrade to windows 10

After upgrading a toshiba satellite laptop from windows 7 to windows 10, it will not boot up from the hard drive, disk drive or USB. The upgrade ran successfully to the point where I could logon on. There was then a message saying a restart was required and it restarted, but now there's just a black screen.
    Has anyone experienced this problem?

:)

AnneJennings3, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Laptop will not boot after upgrade to windows 10

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Laptop will not boot after upgrade to windows 10

1. Laptop will not boot after upgrade to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Laptop boot upgrade

2. after windows 10 update laptop will not boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after windows 10 update laptop will not boot: after windows 10 update laptop will not boot. When I tried to remove the latest update my password was not accepted. I just used the same password from another computer to log in to Microsoft.com...
  3. after windows 10 update laptop will not boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after windows 10 update laptop will not boot: after windows 10 update laptop will not boot. When I tried to remove the latest update my password was not accepted. I just used the same password from another computer to log in to Microsoft.com...
  4. after windows 10 update laptop will not boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft laptop 2 will not boot after upgrade on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft laptop 2 will not boot after upgrade on windows 11: I have a Microsoft Laptop 2. Windows 11. Recently it had an upgrade. After the upgrade was completed and It restarted, the computer started to overheat, so I shut it down immediately. I tried to turn the computer back on after about half an hour and nothing would happen. You...
  6. Microsoft laptop 2 will not boot after upgrade on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft laptop 2 will not boot after upgrade on windows 11: I have a Microsoft Laptop 2. Windows 11. Recently it had an upgrade. After the upgrade was completed and It restarted, the computer started to overheat, so I shut it down immediately. I tried to turn the computer back on after about half an hour and nothing would happen. You...
  7. Windows won't boot after Ram upgrade laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot after Ram upgrade laptop: Hi Everyone, I wonder if you all can help me with my issue. So basically I've recently bought a new DDR4 SO-DIMM for my ASUS Vivobook 15 and post installing the new ram, my system just won't boot Windows. It gets stuck at the "Starting Automatic Repair" page. But the BIOS...
  8. No boot after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No boot after upgrade: A neighbor of mine has a Windows 10 machine. There was an upgrade but (and she doesn't recall or know) either it completed or she interrupted it. In any event when she turned her computer on in the morning, she got this messaage: Start PXE over IPv4. When I got to her...
  9. Slow Boot up After Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Boot up After Windows 10 upgrade: Guys After I upgraded my operating system from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 through Media Creation Tool, I'm experiencing quite slower boot up than it was before when I had Windows 8.1. I have a Lenovo Y50-70 High Performance Gaming Laptop. After I press the Power button,...
  10. Black screen when booting my Laptop after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen when booting my Laptop after upgrading to windows 10: I have a dell insperation and after having upgraded to windows 10, I came across a few issues. The update when well and windows 10 is working on my laptop, however, I have an issue where I am presented with a black screen when i start my computer. I do see a dell screen and a...