Windows 10: Laptop will not boot into Windows 10

Discus and support Laptop will not boot into Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently tried to reset on my laptop (windows 10 ISO) however when booting up the computer it states "Preparing Automatic Repairs", then "Diagnosing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TraceyIng, Apr 22, 2019.

1. TraceyIng Win User

Laptop will not boot into Windows 10

I recently tried to reset on my laptop (windows 10 ISO) however when booting up the computer it states "Preparing Automatic Repairs", then "Diagnosing your PC" before before advising me that "Automatic repairs couldn't repair your PC" and prompting me to shut down OR Advanced options.

Choosing to shut down creates an infinite loop.

Advanced options provides a number of options most of which have been tried and failed (Continue to Windows Recovery restarts the computer creating an infinite loop.

Advanced options > Use A device

Following the advise provide by Sumit (Independent Advisor) in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-working/258e423f-2434-4703-9488-6243c0556e77 on how to do a clean install of Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/for...

I selected Advanced options > Use a device to boot windows using EFI USB Device which booted me into the windows installed which provided the options illustrated below:

Laptop will not boot into Windows 10 861efb73-a2be-428a-aa01-4888488c2d49.jpg

Selecting Next I am give the options to Repair your computer which puts me back to Advanced options mentioned above. OR install.

Choosing to install (after accepting term/conditions) provides options to Upgrade )which a "compatibility report" advises this option is not available and sends me back to the repair or install screen) OR Custom install in which I select my appropriate hard drive and select next at which time the below screen is displayed and commences "Getting files ready for installation"

Laptop will not boot into Windows 10 67c13a8c-cee6-47cd-ae80-a55923875c83.jpg

After this progresses to between 10-80% a "Windows Setup" message appears advising that "Windows cannot install requested files. make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8007025D. At which stage I am booted back to the Windows repair or install screen. I have tried the option to format the hard drive before proceeding and still get the same error.

Doing further investigation, following the attached link https://pureinfotech.com/restore-registry-backup-windows-10/ I note that my PC does not show the registry backup files illustrated below (my system shows 0 files).

Laptop will not boot into Windows 10 config-regback-dir.jpg

(note I did not proceed with step 12 outlined in the above link as per the warning provided).

As such I have not been successful in carrying out a system restore and I do not have a windows recovery image available.

Other Troubleshoot/Advanced Options tried include:

- Using another Operation System (I do not have/use any other operation systems).

- System Restore (in both displays "System Restore" window , advising that "no restore point have been created...").
    - System Image Recovery (I do not have a system image saved OR registry backup so this is not possible).

- Start-up yours Repairs (in both Windows Recovery Environment AND Windows 10 creates infinite loop by promoting a shutdown or Advanced options).

- (I have not tried to "uninstall updates" OR "change and UEFI Firmware Settings")

Please note that this PC came with Windows 10 pre-installed and I do not have or know how to locate the product key (though I have registered the laptop on my Microsoft account).

I do not care if the files/data on the computer is lost. Just want the laptop in working condition.

Can you please assist?

:)

TraceyIng, Apr 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop will not boot into Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Laptop boot

2. Laptop stuck before the boot up process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck before the boot up process: I have an HP laptop, and a few days ago it seems to have gotten stuck in the boot up sequence, the black screen just before the HP symbol and the loading circle appear. Sometimes those will pop up as well in my attempts to get it to work, but they always go away after a...
  3. Laptop stuck before the boot up process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck before the boot up process: I have an HP laptop, and a few days ago it seems to have gotten stuck in the boot up sequence, the black screen just before the HP symbol and the loading circle appear. Sometimes those will pop up as well in my attempts to get it to work, but they always go away after a...
  4. Laptop stuck before the boot up process

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop at every boot asks for Bitlocker Recovery Key for my 'D' drive, Any Solution??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop at every boot asks for Bitlocker Recovery Key for my 'D' drive, Any Solution??: I have Windows 11 HomeWindows 11 Home doesn't come with bitlocker settings and option similar to Pro and Student versions,I tried stopping the Bitlocker Encryption Service from Services.msc yet it keeps asking....
  6. Laptop at every boot asks for Bitlocker Recovery Key for my 'D' drive, Any Solution??

Laptop at every boot asks for Bitlocker Recovery Key for my 'D' drive, Any Solution??: I have Windows 11 HomeWindows 11 Home doesn't come with bitlocker settings and option similar to Pro and Student versions,I tried stopping the Bitlocker Encryption Service from Services.msc yet it keeps asking....
  7. My Windows 11 laptop is stuck in a boot loop and nothing has worked so far

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 laptop is stuck in a boot loop and nothing has worked so far: I have a Razer Blade 15 from 2019. Last night I was using it as normal, when all of a sudden, without any warning, it froze up then blue-screened on me. I didn’t have enough time to see the full error message but I did catch the word “kernel”. After automatically restarting,...
  8. My Windows 11 laptop is stuck in a boot loop and nothing has worked so far

My Windows 11 laptop is stuck in a boot loop and nothing has worked so far: I have a Razer Blade 15 from 2019. Last night I was using it as normal, when all of a sudden, without any warning, it froze up then blue-screened on me. I didn’t have enough time to see the full error message but I did catch the word “kernel”. After automatically restarting,...
  9. My laptop boots to Bios Legacy yet it displays boot mode as UEFI .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop boots to Bios Legacy yet it displays boot mode as UEFI .: My disk is also on GPT yet when i restart my pc and press f10 ,its still on legacy .How can i fix this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-boots-to-bios-legacy-yet-it-displays/b463731a-c56a-492b-baa8-0f630dc2420a
  10. My laptop boots to Bios Legacy yet it displays boot mode as UEFI .

My laptop boots to Bios Legacy yet it displays boot mode as UEFI .: My disk is also on GPT yet when i restart my pc and press f10 ,its still on legacy .How can i fix this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-boots-to-bios-legacy-yet-it-displays/b463731a-c56a-492b-baa8-0f630dc2420a