Windows 10: Laptop will not boot unless hard booted

Discus and support Laptop will not boot unless hard booted in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently developed a problem where my system won't start unless I hard boot my laptop. If I shut it down normally and then turn it on, it only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CharlesKippler, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Laptop will not boot unless hard booted

I recently developed a problem where my system won't start unless I hard boot my laptop.

If I shut it down normally and then turn it on, it only displays a black screen with the cursor and freezes.

If I hard boot it and then start it up it runs normally.

If I restart it, it works normally.

Can someone help me solve this problem?

:)

CharlesKippler, Apr 13, 2019

2. Windows won't start unless hard boot

I recently developed a problem where my system won't start unless I hard boot my laptop.

If I shut it down normally and then turn it on, it only displays a black screen with the cursor and freezes.

If I hard boot it and then start it up it runs normally.

If I restart it, it works normally.

Can someone help me solve this problem?

CharlesKippler, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Caring1 Win User
    Windows Booting beep!!

Check the boot order in the BIOS also, it might not have the hard drive as primary in the boot list.

Caring1, Apr 13, 2019
  4. GNJha Win User

Laptop will not boot unless hard booted

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Laptop will not boot unless hard booted

1. Laptop will not boot unless hard booted - Similar Threads - Laptop boot unless

2. OS wont boot unless plugged in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OS wont boot unless plugged in?: For the last few days my computer has been acting up. First it suddenly shut itself down, then wouldn't turn on, even though the battery wasn't dead at the time. When I turn the computer on it has a black screen and the power light is on. I worked out that after turning it on...
  3. OS wont boot unless plugged in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OS wont boot unless plugged in?: For the last few days my computer has been acting up. First it suddenly shut itself down, then wouldn't turn on, even though the battery wasn't dead at the time. When I turn the computer on it has a black screen and the power light is on. I worked out that after turning it on...
  4. Windows doesn't boot unless internal hard drive is plugged oyr

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows doesn't boot unless internal hard drive is plugged oyr: My earlier Windows 10 got corrupted. So I decided to reinstall it. I did install it on my SSD. Now if I try to boot my pc with my INTERNAL Hard Drive connected, it doesn't boot and shows the error 0x000000e, but if I disconnect it, it boots and after booting if I connect it...
  5. Windows will not boot unless Boot drive is the only drive connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows will not boot unless Boot drive is the only drive connected: This is a follow up to problems that i was experienced in this post. https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lmsr44/is_there_any_way_to_fix_this_reboot_and_select/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf I was able to get the problem fixed, but now it is...
  6. Hard re-boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hard re-boot: Can you stop a hard re-boot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-re-boot/fe74088e-fa24-4279-ae17-2190a1d431aa"
  7. Windows fails to boot unless in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows fails to boot unless in safe mode: If I try to boot windows out of safe mode when I run something or after some time windows will crash and both my monitors will go black. When I boot in safe mode I do not get this issue. I have tried multiple things to fix this but all have resulted in failure....
  8. Windows won't start unless hard boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't start unless hard boot: I recently developed a problem where my system won't start unless I hard boot my laptop. If I shut it down normally and then turn it on, it only displays a black screen with the cursor and freezes. If I hard boot it and then start it up it runs normally. If I restart...
  9. Identifying Hard Boots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Identifying Hard Boots: Our users have somehow gotten the idea that it is okay for them to hard boot their machines whenever they think something is taking longer that it should. As you might imagine, this has caused us a lot of headaches, including needing to build replacement machines because...
  10. Unable to boot to BIOS unless gpu is reseated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to boot to BIOS unless gpu is reseated: Hey guys I've had this persisting issue with this particular build since I got the i7, the mobo and the ram. The GPU and the PSU have been used in previous builds with absolutely zero issues. This issue has stopped and started over several months, starting when the...