Windows 10: Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically

Discus and support Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop hp will not connect to WIFI Automatically.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamBliss, May 25, 2019.

1. Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically

My laptop hp will not connect to WIFI Automatically.

:)

WilliamBliss, May 25, 2019
  2. tmork Win User

Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi

Hello,

as the Title says, ever since upgrading to windows 10, my laptop will not automatically connect to my university wifi. It simply says (translated from german) "connection to this network is impossible".
    to bypass this issue i have to go to the "known networks" list and make my laptop forget the university wifi network.
    after that i can manually connect to the wifi and it prompts me to type in my id and pass as it is supposed to, then it logs me in. It is (obviously) a public network, so i suppose its got to do something with security settings, but i didnt find anything that would seem to solve the issue.
    things ive tried:
    • change frequency of 802.11 to 20MHz only (from automatically).
    • enable FIPS encryption.
    • Update my network adapters drivers.
    • manually type in the id and pw in the specific networks settings

the thing is, when i had win7 on this laptop it would always autoconnect to this network, it only happened after installing win10.

edit: fixed typo in title

tmork, May 25, 2019
  3. bro67 Win User
    Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi

Go see the campus IT gods that handle student network issues. They are there for a reason and may have to redo the setup to allow your unit to connect to the campus network if there was something they had to do before.

Also they can lock out a computer that flags on the system as an issue, and again go see the IT gods on campus.

bro67, May 25, 2019
  4. Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically

Can't disable WiFi "Connect Automatically" feature

Windows 10 Pro Creators Update

There are reasons, which I won't describe here, why I don't want my laptop to automatically connect to my secure home network when my laptop is turned on.

• The WiFi auto connects when I turn on my laptop even though "Connect Automatically" is unchecked.
    • WiFi Sense is turned off.
    • Control Panel > Network Connections > Wi-Fi > Wireless Properties > All Boxes are not checked
    When a start my computer, the WiFi still automatically connects to a secured network that I've connected to in the past.

I know that I can "Forget Network" and it won't automatically connect as the password has to be entered again. Why offer the feature to not connect automatically and it not work?

This is most frustrating...

Eric61323(2), May 25, 2019
Thema:

Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically

1. Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically - Similar Threads - Laptop connect WIFI

2. Laptop automatically connecting to random wifi netwoks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop automatically connecting to random wifi netwoks.: How do I prevent my laptop running windows 10 home edition to automatically connect to random unprotected wifi networks without asking my permission, this is literally so frustrating to deal with considering the potential risks associated with free unknown wifi networks. Can...
  3. Laptop automatically connecting to random wifi netwoks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop automatically connecting to random wifi netwoks.: How do I prevent my laptop running windows 10 home edition to automatically connect to random unprotected wifi networks without asking my permission, this is literally so frustrating to deal with considering the potential risks associated with free unknown wifi networks. Can...
  4. Laptop automatically connecting to random wifi netwoks.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WiFi connecting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi connecting automatically: I noticed recently that all the wifi networks in my area are selected to "connect automatically" even though I don't know any of them. When I do go through and uncheck the setting, it'll automatically check it again. What should I do?...
  6. WiFi connecting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connecting automatically: I noticed recently that all the wifi networks in my area are selected to "connect automatically" even though I don't know any of them. When I do go through and uncheck the setting, it'll automatically check it again. What should I do?...
  7. Wifi Not Automatically Connecting

Wifi Not Automatically Connecting: Hi, I recently installed windows10 pro 64-bit edition on my wifes laptop (legally) with authentic key. I've already updated the driver for her wifi adapter, upon startup most of the time it fails to automatically connect to our wifi signal. When it does it shows the the...
  8. Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically

Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically: My laptop hp will not connect to WIFI Automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-will-not-connect-to-wifi-automatically/1e213074-9a86-440c-bd8c-c05292f65025
  9. Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically

Laptop will not connect to WIFI Automatically: My laptop hp will not connect to WIFI Automatically. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-will-not-connect-to-wifi-automatically/08088178-d7ad-482d-944b-c7515ff07368
  10. Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi

Laptop unable to automatically connect to university wifi: Hello, as the Title says, ever since upgrading to windows 10, my laptop will not automatically connect to my university wifi. It simply says (translated from german) "connection to this network is impossible". to bypass this issue i have to go to the "known networks" list...