Windows 10: Laptop will not go to sleep mode and also unable to change brightness

Discus and support Laptop will not go to sleep mode and also unable to change brightness in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I have been facing this issue lately, where my laptop is unable to go to sleep mode. I have set it to go to sleep after a few minutes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AvocadoDelight, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Laptop will not go to sleep mode and also unable to change brightness

Hi Guys,

I have been facing this issue lately, where my laptop is unable to go to sleep mode. I have set it to go to sleep after a few minutes, however, the screen turns black but it's not off. What I'm saying is that the screen just shows a black screen but its bright and its on. Is anyone facing a similar problem? The fan is off, but the screen stays on...

Also, I am unable to change my brightness, the brightness slider is grayed out. I have updated all my drivers, updated everything and tried all possible solutions but to no avail.

What is Windows 10 doing by making life difficult?

Thanks in advance!

:)

AvocadoDelight, Feb 9, 2021

2. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Feb 9, 2021
  3. laptop won't sleep can't adjust brightness

Hi,

As you are unable to get the option for sleep in the Start menu, I suggest you to follow the steps provided by
    John T in the link provided below and check:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...leep-and/a55ebbea-6952-4225-aab5-55977234387f

Also, follow the steps provided below and check if you are able to adjust the brightness.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Swapna S Win User

Laptop will not go to sleep mode and also unable to change brightness

Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Laptop will not go to sleep mode and also unable to change brightness

1. Laptop will not go to sleep mode and also unable to change brightness - Similar Threads - Laptop sleep mode

2. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to change brightness: i dont any slider to change my brightness, i've tried doing all the driver updates and whatnot and nothing has changed, its becoming really annoying at night when my screen is bright and i have to use something like night light which ruins the colours...
  3. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to change brightness: i dont any slider to change my brightness, i've tried doing all the driver updates and whatnot and nothing has changed, its becoming really annoying at night when my screen is bright and i have to use something like night light which ruins the colours...
  4. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Brightness & Sleep mode not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness & Sleep mode not working: Brightness is not changing after update - windows10. Sleep mode also not available Display driver is not being loaded due to some security setting preventing it from loading. Thanks!...
  6. Laptop going on sleep mode randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop going on sleep mode randomly: So, I’ve got an acer nitro 5 (i5 9th, 16gb ram, 128gb ssd + 1tb, gtx 1650) and recently it goes into sleeping mode on its own, when I’m using it. It doesn’t happen all the time, like once every two days but it’s still annoying. Sometimes it happens while I’m gaming. I don’t...
  7. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...
  8. Going into Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Going into Sleep mode: Hi all, I recently migrated from a HDD to a SSD in my computer, did install the latest version of Windows 10 than what it was before, and i'm noticing something different with the way it goes to sleep. Originally when i put it to sleep, the computer would go down and the...
  9. Laptop not going into sleep mode at times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not going into sleep mode at times: I've created a shortcut to put my computer to sleep. This will work a number of times then when I go to wake it up, I find the computer has completely shut down. I noticed the Power Button was giving me the same grief so I switched the Power Button from shutting down to...
  10. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop: So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around...