Windows 10: Laptop will not let me sign on put in my password without an internet connection

Discus and support Laptop will not let me sign on put in my password without an internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is an ongoing issues regardless of the Windows 10 version. I have things on my laptop I need to access independent of internet. It's an HP Envy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IBJudy, Sep 13, 2020.

1. IBJudy Win User

Laptop will not let me sign on put in my password without an internet connection

This is an ongoing issues regardless of the Windows 10 version. I have things on my laptop I need to access independent of internet. It's an HP Envy long out of support warranty.

:)

IBJudy, Sep 13, 2020

2. Cannot sign into laptop without having an internet connection

After recently updating laptop, I can no longer sign in unless I have an internet connection.

I have tried to reset the PIN and the Password to no avail.

Will be going on holiday soon and would like to be able to use my laptop without having an internet connection.

Thanks in advance for any help and/or suggestions!

CharlesGoodley, Sep 13, 2020
  3. fail to sign in Microsoft account to connect windows 10 instead of local account

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to follow the steps below and check if that helps:

Step 1: Try Disconnecting from the Internet

• If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.

• If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.

Step 2

Try to sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the account.microsoft.com page.

If the sign-in is unsuccessful, then try to reset the password and check.

If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Laptop will not let me sign on put in my password without an internet connection

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Laptop will not let me sign on put in my password without an internet connection

1. Laptop will not let me sign on put in my password without an internet connection - Similar Threads - Laptop let sign

2. My laptop wont let me sign in!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop wont let me sign in!: I got a new laptop and I turned it off so it can charge. when I turn it back on it says sign in and everytime i click it does nothing! Im just stuck at the login screen and I restarted many time but it does nothing!...
  3. I cannot sign into my computer without internet, My pc will not let me connect to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign into my computer without internet, My pc will not let me connect to the...: I wanted to play on my computer with my new steering wheel I got, but I can't now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-sign-into-my-computer-without-internet-my/f642220b-7a1e-40b0-adf3-6bd6cf53fb0c
  4. I cannot sign into my computer without internet, My pc will not let me connect to the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot sign into my computer without internet, My pc will not let me connect to the...: I wanted to play on my computer with my new steering wheel I got, but I can't now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-sign-into-my-computer-without-internet-my/f642220b-7a1e-40b0-adf3-6bd6cf53fb0c
  5. My laptop won’t let me sign in

My laptop won’t let me sign in: My laptop won’t let me sign in. I’ve tried changing my password but that also doesn’t work because when I enter my new password it tells me that I don’t have an internet connection even though i have a WiFi an Ethernet connection. When I try to put in my old password it tells...
  6. My laptop will not let me sign in. It will not accept my Microsoft password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop will not let me sign in. It will not accept my Microsoft password: Hello. My laptop will not let me sign in. I have windows 11. It won't accept my Microsoft password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-will-not-let-me-sign-in-it-will-not/279e7d98-7095-4cbf-b476-035f284816d7
  7. My laptop will not let me sign in. It will not accept my Microsoft password

My laptop will not let me sign in. It will not accept my Microsoft password: Hello. My laptop will not let me sign in. I have windows 11. It won't accept my Microsoft password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-will-not-let-me-sign-in-it-will-not/279e7d98-7095-4cbf-b476-035f284816d7
  8. My laptop won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't let me sign in: Hey so my laptop isn't letting me sign in. When the laptop turns on, the name under which its signed in in is shown. Right beneath is a button saying sign in using ur microsoft I try to press the button sign in, it wont let me. I was hoping someone could help me...
  9. Not letting me connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not letting me connect to the internet: It isn’t letting me connect to my internet. How to fix? submitted by /u/Memerboi111 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g8gu3d/not_letting_me_connect_to_the_internet/
  10. Let me log in without a password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Let me log in without a password: I don't want to be have to enter a password every time I open my computer. It's a desktop, no one is going to steal it. A password is useless. Just let me remove it without using a local account/adding a new account. There was a automatic log in that I had set up, but it is...