Windows 10: Laptop will not play any DVD/CD's

Discus and support Laptop will not play any DVD/CD's in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Toshiba laptop will not play any DVD/CD's. I went to the Control Panel Device Manager and it says the player is working properly. When I put in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jayhawk714, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Laptop will not play any DVD/CD's

My Toshiba laptop will not play any DVD/CD's. I went to the Control Panel Device Manager and it says the player is working properly. When I put in a DVD and click on the D: it asks me to insert a disc. I also checked for any updates for the player but Windows 10 says the latest drives are already installed. Any ideas?

My Toshiba laptop will not play any DVD/CD's. I went to the Control Panel Device Manager and it says the player is working properly. When I put in a DVD and click on the D: it asks me to insert a disc. I also checked for any updates for the player but Windows 10 says the latest drives are already installed. Any ideas?

:)

jayhawk714, Aug 13, 2020
  2. AnneRyan2 Win User

playing cd and dvd

I can no longer play cds or dvds on my laptop with windows 10.

Any suggestions?

AnneRyan2, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Unable to play from CD/DVD in Windows 10.

Hi Louis,

To assist you better, let us know the following information.

• What is the exact model of your HP laptop?

• When you say “cannot play any CD/DVD” what exactly happens when you try to play?

• Do you get any error messages or error codes?

• Are you able to see CD/DVD drive in file explorer?

For now, I suggest you to update the CD/DVD drivers and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Right-click on the drive and click on Update driver software and follow the on screen instructions.

• Restart the laptop after updating the driver.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Laptop will not play any DVD/CD's

DVD/CD'S Not Playing

Dvd's/cd's are no longer playing on my ACER Aspire E15 laptop. I downloaded Windows 10 last year. I have not used my dvd drive since installing Windows 10. When I put a DVD in, the green light comes on and then goes off and nothing else happens. The
    DVD/CD drive shows on my computer but is not being recognized when I do a chkdsk for drive d (I assume that is my DVD/CD drive). It says there is no drive d.

Can anyone provide any suggestions to fix this problem?

BonitaShults, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Laptop will not play any DVD/CD's

1. Laptop will not play any DVD/CD's - Similar Threads - Laptop play DVD

2. DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD burning - CD/DVD Player option - Not playing as a DVD: I've been trying to create a DVD with some mp4 music videos on, so I inserted a blank DVD-R and when I got the "How do you want to use this disc?" prompt, I selected the "With CD/DVD Player" option. I then drag & drop the mp4 files and click on "Finish burning". It burns them...
  3. cd/dvd play download....does not play dvd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cd/dvd play download....does not play dvd: downloaded cd/dvd player app, does not work $14.95 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-play-downloaddoes-not-play-dvd/5c598541-7a75-4f19-b651-2ca48a4bd0ed
  4. cd/dvd not playing

cd/dvd not playing: windows 10 will not recognize my cd player how do i fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-not-playing/96a6c509-0bdb-4de1-84c2-36f3ef57bd5d
  5. can't play a cd/dvd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't play a cd/dvd: Why can't I play a cd or dvd. it's an instructional one for my sewing machine and I'm having a problem with it. It wants to go to Media player, but that doesn't work. I am so tired of Windows 10, everything is so friggin difficult....
  6. My DVD/CD-ROM drive isn't playing any DVD's

My DVD/CD-ROM drive isn't playing any DVD's: I'll first mention my system's specifications: Windows 10 Pro 1903, 64-bit (OS build: 18362.207) Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.70 GHz, 4.00GB RAM, 500GB HDD HP Elitebook 8470p (Yes I'm using a laptop, it's a used/second-hand one) My DVD/CD-ROM drive is "hp DVDRAM...
  7. CD/DVD+-RW will not play.

CD/DVD+-RW will not play.: It worked fine before I updated to Windows 10. I've tried everything I read but still no success. I've uninstalled and rebooted comp (nothing). I look in the DIRECTORY and it is there. I right click and can open it, but it still will not read the disk. I ran a hardware scan...
  8. CD / DVD not playing

CD / DVD not playing: Hi I am not able to play cds on my laptop, windows 10. I used to get a pop up as soon as I inserted the cd previously, but I don't get that anymore. Tried opening Drive E but it kept prompting me to insert a cd despite the cd being inserted anyway. Kindly assist asap....
  9. DVD/CD'S Not Playing

DVD/CD'S Not Playing: Dvd's/cd's are no longer playing on my ACER Aspire E15 laptop. I downloaded Windows 10 last year. I have not used my dvd drive since installing Windows 10. When I put a DVD in, the green light comes on and then goes off and nothing else happens. The DVD/CD drive shows on...
  10. playing cd and dvd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    playing cd and dvd: I can no longer play cds or dvds on my laptop with windows 10. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/playing-cd-and-dvd/fffe71ef-afda-48b2-a7ad-b4f1e55846c0