Windows 10: Laptop will not recognize scanner.

Discus and support Laptop will not recognize scanner. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an [EPSONB5597FXP-235 Series] printer/scanner. My OS is Windows 10. My HP Envy dv7 laptop has stopped recognizing the scanner. It will print... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ColmOscopy10, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Laptop will not recognize scanner.

I have an [EPSONB5597FXP-235 Series] printer/scanner. My OS is Windows 10. My HP Envy dv7 laptop has stopped recognizing the scanner. It will print wirelessly but will not scan. It will not even recognize the scanner when it is hard wired. It used to do this no problem. How can I fix the problem?

:)

ColmOscopy10, Jul 5, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

I'll walk you though the steps I do to install my Perfection 1200. I have to do this periodically for some reason to reestablish the 'non-standard' Perfection 2400 driver.

1. Right click on the scanner in Device Manager (as Admin) and select Update Driver. Then select the option to browse my computer for driver software.

Laptop will not recognize scanner. [​IMG]

2. Then select Let me pick from a list of device drivers....

3. Select Imaging Devices from the next list.

4. Finally, select the correct Epson driver you have installed then click Next. If it isn't listed then something has gone wrong with the driver installation.

5. Hopefully, the scanner should now work?

Steve C, Jul 5, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    bobkn, Jul 5, 2020
  4. xwray Win User

Laptop will not recognize scanner.

Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

Thanks Steve...I performed these steps *exactly* as well as with the 4870 drivers. Nothing is working. I have just about concluded that for whatever reason my Win10 install (from the "free" upgrade version) and the 4870 just aren't compatible. I just now reinstalled Win7 on a spare drive and installed the drivers without incident.
    I didn't really want to switch to Win10 anyhow what with all of it's privacy concerns and only did so because of the ongoing windows update issues with Win7. When it unilaterally decided to rename one of my folders screwing up my photo links I nearly removed it then and there. There's a lot more about Win10 I do not like and I'm probably going to toss it and go back to 7 permanently.

xwray, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Laptop will not recognize scanner.

1. Laptop will not recognize scanner. - Similar Threads - Laptop recognize scanner

2. PIXMA MX410 Scanner not recognized by pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIXMA MX410 Scanner not recognized by pc: Tianxiang IA Hello, I appreciate very much your information, but unfortunately, the downloading stops right there there is no option to go any further. No arrow to continue, it seems like a dead page. Is there anything better, I suspect that the driver may have been...
  3. Scanner not recognized by pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner not recognized by pc: Hello,I have a Canon MX410 PIXMA, series printer and scanner, connected with a USB plugto pc, W10 printer works, scanner not recognized ???What should I do to get the scanner recognized and work.All advice welcomeThank you...
  4. Scanner not recognized by pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner not recognized by pc: Hello,I have a Canon MX410 PIXMA, series printer and scanner, connected with a USB plugto pc, W10 printer works, scanner not recognized ???What should I do to get the scanner recognized and work.All advice welcomeThank you...
  5. Scanner not recognized by pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Scanner Not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanner Not recognized: I have an Epson XP-820 printer/scanner. I can print but when I try to scan, I receive an error message saying the scanner isn't connected to the computer. How do you correct this?...
  7. Scanner Not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner Not recognized: I have an Epson XP-820 printer/scanner. I can print but when I try to scan, I receive an error message saying the scanner isn't connected to the computer. How do you correct this?...
  8. Scanner doesn't recognize computer

Scanner doesn't recognize computer: Network/wireless matches between computer and printer. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled printer and now it prints from computer but on scan function does not detect the computer even though they have been connected before. Can't find anything through the usual...
  9. USB Scanner not recognized

USB Scanner not recognized: My scanner is working fine and W10 recognizes it is connected, as hardware report in settings recognizes it and says it is working correctly. But when I try to manage the scanner, it tells me it isn't connected! Solution?...
  10. Scanner not recognized by Win 10

Scanner not recognized by Win 10: I have a multifunction printer which I have been using for a couple of years. Today I tried to scan a document to file and the scanner program says" "scanner not detected on this device." [Moved from Office/Unknow/other/Windows 10/Office 365 for business]...